Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What was the last concert/show you went to?

• Please log in to reply
2285 replies to this topic

#2161 thepattenfactor

thepattenfactor

Resident Caffeinated Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

Yeah, I'm on the fence about this one. I like Soundgarden and AiC but have seen them both at smaller venues and I hate the rest of the bands. I'm not sure if I want to spend the money on shortened sets at a big venue. The smaller intimate places are 1000xs better, and cheaper.

EDIT - Nevermind, $62 for lawn, Fuck off.

We got pit tickets for $75 through Stubhub!

#2162 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Is Mudhoney worth seeing live? They will be in town later this month.

#2163 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:21 AM

Damn, two great sets. Unfortunately I'd say you missed the better set. Ty Cobb is pretty awesome though and a definite standout of that set imo.

Both sets were awesome. I'd lean a tad toward the one I got though on the strength of 4th of July, The Day I Tried to Live and Superunknown.

The more stuff off the Superunknown album the better for me, as that's one of my all time favorite albums and I don't think any of there other releases come close to that one.

I'd have liked to have heard Burden in my Hand, Pretty Noose and Rusty Cage though--but not more than those three I listed above. Black Hole Sun would have been nice too--but I caught that a couple of times at Audioslave shows so not a biggie.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2164 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:51 AM

Both sets were awesome. I'd lean a tad toward the one I got though on the strength of 4th of July, The Day I Tried to Live and Superunknown.

The more stuff off the Superunknown album the better for me, as that's one of my all time favorite albums and I don't think any of there other releases come close to that one.

I'd have liked to have heard Burden in my Hand, Pretty Noose and Rusty Cage though--but not more than those three I listed above. Black Hole Sun would have been nice too--but I caught that a couple of times at Audioslave shows so not a biggie.

Ah ok, Superunknown is great but I favor the older stuff, Badmotorfinger is my favorite album by them. I wish they didn't play Black Hole Sun at my show, I'm really sick of that song. Too bad you didn't see my show, this was the set, 10 Superunknown songs http://www.setlist.f...pa-bd34956.html

#2165 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

Yeah, that's an awesome set for sure!

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2166 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

I saw Mindless Self Indulgence on 5 May in San Diego. Third time I've gotten to see them and they remain absolutely out of control.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#2167 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

Getting ready for Rock on the Range this coming weekend in Columbus. Anyone else going? I anticipate Clutch and The Sword will be sleeper bands that are going to blow me away (been listening to them since I saw the lineup/set times posted and figured out my schedule). Most of the bands were killer in the 90s (AiC, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, Korn, Sevendust, etc) and I've never seen them so I'm pretty hyped.
Posted Image

#2168 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

Busy weekend. Saturday was:

House Of Low Culture
Boris performing "All The Classics"

Sunday was the Decibel Festival show:

Great Falls
Cretin
Immolation
Napalm Death

I then bailed early before Cannibal Corpse went on because I don't give a shit about them to run over to a different venue to see:

Drcarlsonalbion (Dylan Carlson of Earth doing solo drone)
Boris performing "Flood"

Oh my fuck was that one of my best decisions ever. Flood was on a different level from damn near everything I've ever seen in my life.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#2169 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:58 AM

Just saw Watsky and Dumbfoundead on the Cardboard Castles tour a couple weeks ago. honeyhoney was awesome live, saw the last year, they shredded the shit out of some violins.

#2170 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Deathraid
Benediction
BOLT THROWER

Holy fuck, there's a life goal complete.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#2171 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

DJ Shadow...

#2172 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Getting ready for Rock on the Range this coming weekend in Columbus. Anyone else going? I anticipate Clutch and The Sword will be sleeper bands that are going to blow me away (been listening to them since I saw the lineup/set times posted and figured out my schedule). Most of the bands were killer in the 90s (AiC, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, Korn, Sevendust, etc) and I've never seen them so I'm pretty hyped.

Clutch kills it live. Unfortunately, they will only get like 35-40 min of playing time. The Sword definitely puts on a good show also the times I've seen them.

So, how was Rock on the Range?

Deathraid
Benediction
BOLT THROWER

Holy Fuck, there's a life goal complete.

BOLT fuckING THROWER!!!! Man, that's awesome!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2173 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

In the last few weeks I've seen

The Shins & Ra Ra Riot
Yo La Tengo
The Tallest Man on Earth & Strand of Oaks

All great shows.

#2174 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

Anyone else going to Bonnaroo this week?

#2175 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:41 PM

Of Monsters and Men last night, 2nd time seeing them, just as good as the first.

#2176 Stoneage

Stoneage

Don't touch my stuff!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:37 AM

My brother got the "cheap" $85 Rolling Stones tickets. Yeah, throughout my life I've acknowledged that I think they are between "um, ok" to slamming them, but we had seats on the side of the stage (200's United Center) with huge PA speakers aimed right at us. So, the show was fantastic. I feel bad for the people who paid $400-600 who sat around where we did. That isn't right. But anyway. On Saturday, I went to Bluesfest with my brother for a spell, and it was cool. People should check out Chicago's free festivals. Lots of fun to be had. We then went to Reggie's to check out Black Flag (Greg Ginn, Ron Reyes, and two other guys). The show started with Ginn's band "Good For You", which was good, and then basically swapped singers to become Black Flag. I have waited decades to see Mr. Ginn jam the songs of the Black Flag, and I wasn't disappointed. They played new songs, which were good, and I got my picture with him after the show (he was behind me in the crowd....I love punks). Anyway, my picture with him is ridiculous, but I love it. It was a nice 2-fer week, or 3-fer if you count a partial Bluesfest. Also, before the Blues / Black Flag, my nephew / Godson threw up all over my shirt. Rock and Roll!

[IMG][IMG]http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/8568/mekonsmaskscopylo0.th.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

#2177 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Went to a grind show at a venue I've never been to before and saw Freak Vibe and Mindless.  Ditched before Wilt played since I really only cared about Mindless anyways.  Ripped.

#2178 wester76

wester76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

Soungarden in ATL

Posted Image

#2179 electraheart

electraheart

Are you faux real?

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

Marina and The Diamonds in Toronto. Next up is Ke$ha in the end of August, and Zedd in September. 

#2180 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

Clutch kills it live. Unfortunately, they will only get like 35-40 min of playing time. The Sword definitely puts on a good show also the times I've seen them.

So, how was Rock on the Range?

Rock on the range is a pretty solid festival.. but not without its faults. The pros are that the side stage bands and main stage are never overlapping, the ticket prices are rising but still reasonable, there are beverage vendors walking all over the damn place so you never have to lose your spot if you're in the zone and they permanently expanded the venue to accommodate bigger crowds on the east side stage this year.

On the flip side, the bass overpowered the rest of the band when Clutch was on (idk who signs off on soundchecks; the band or the venue?) and some of the headliners were better on paper than in person. For example, Stone Sour played before Smashing Pumpkins on Saturday night. Stone sour went over huge with the audience and was a great time. Smashing pumpkins really fell flat and had us leaving the show early. Sometimes this is the way it goes with live events though and the business end of things takes over.. the bigger names aren't always better performers than the openers. Overall I'm happy with the festival and our group had a good time and see no reason not to go next year (just a 2 hour drive south for us).

Have some local events coming up: Mushroomhead, THC, Phil Anselmo's solo act and traveling to Chicago for Riot Fest. Since I drag my gf to all these rock/metal shows I compromised and will be taking her to Blake Shelton and Maroon 5 in August which should both be easy on the ears as well.

Posted Image

#2181 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

Nostalgist

Heiress

Marriages

Deafheaven

Deafheaven have some ridiculous energy.

#2182 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

I also saw Deafheaven a few nights ago and loved it.

#2183 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

Last night:

Bone Sickness

Scolex

Black Breath

Autopsy

Autopsy fucking killed it.

#2184 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:16 AM

I just got back from seeing David Byrne and St. Vincent. It was amazing. 

Also, if anyone else is going to one of their concerts, PM me. I have a favor to ask.

#2185 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

Nothing lately, but have some fall shows bought that I can't wait for.

Midtown Music Festival in Atlanta in September--great line up and in a park a block from my condo. :D

Friday's lineup will feature Cake, Drivin N' Cryin, Jane's Addiction, Journey, North Mississippi Allstars, Phoenix, The Mowgli's and 2 Chainz.
Saturday's lineup will feature Arctic Monkeys, Capital Cities, Imagine Dragons, Kendrick Lamar, Mona, Queens of the Stone Age, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Reignwolf, Tegan & Sara, The Black Lips, The Neighbourhood, The Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs, Weezer, and ZZ Ward.

And just got Ten Club tickets to see Pearl Jam in Charlotte in October (wish they were playing ATL--but they did play Midtown Music last year so at least they did make a stop recently).

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2186 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:56 PM

Last Saturday: Wavefront w/ Fatboy and Mark farina

Yesterday: Big Sean (sucked), Ice Cude, Bun B 

This weekend: Pitchfork (with free tickets)

#2187 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:40 AM

Last concert I went to was at my wedding in June. We hired this band to play

http://www.leftovercuties.com/

They're currently on tour

#2188 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

New Gods

The Helm

Earth Control

ACxDC

Theories

Fucking ripped, and I'm glad I finally had an opportunity to see ACxDC.  Kind of weird going to work after a hardcore show in the middle of the night, but hell, why not.

#2189 JohnnySako

JohnnySako

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:03 AM

I went to the Warped Tour with my niece on 7/16. We went halves on the $45 ticket since I got for the Parent's free pass. The show was amazing.

I finally saw The Used for the first time. I was probably twice as old as most of the kids in the pit (I'm 39) and I was jumping around and screaming the lyrics with them.

Also saw Beebs and her Money Makers, MC Lars, August Burns Red, Never Shout Never, Sleeping with Sirens, Black Veil Brides, We Came As Romans (while we were waiting for The Used to play), and Reel Big Fish.

I can't wait to see who's in next year's line-up.

#2190 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

Two this week:

Thursday:

lb.

Bali Girls

Grayceon

(Lesbian also headlined, but I skipped out on them)

Friday:

Curse Of The North

Blood Of Kings

Krystos

Slough Feg

Not a bad two days.