Amazon DOTD - 1/14/08 - battalion Wars 2 - Wii - $32.99

[quote name='PseudoZ']Wow, a DOTD I'm actually interested in. I think I'll pick this one up. Thanks.[/quote]

Same here... might have to bite.

I wish that the DotD was like the old days-- where it could have a price drop. This is very close to biteable for me. I just have way too many games.
Excellent DotD though.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I wish that the DotD was like the old days-- where it could have a price drop. [highlight]This is very close to biteable for me. I just have way too many games.[/highlight]
Excellent DotD though.[/QUOTE]

Same here - this is SO close - maybe if it was $27.99 or something... Wow, still, I'll think about it the rest of the day if it sticks around.

[quote name='io']Same here - this is SO close - maybe if it was $27.99 or something... Wow, still, I'll think about it the rest of the day if it sticks around.[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends on how many games you have right now. I have way too many games to play, so I think I can pass on this. It will probably fall lower somewhere else, and I'm in no rush to play this title.

I would cave in at $25 or less.

[quote name='opportunity777']I guess it depends on how many games you have right now. I have way too many games to play, so I think I can pass on this. It will probably fall lower somewhere else, and I'm in no rush to play this title.

I would cave in at $25 or less.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, I have so many that I probably wouldn't get to it for a year or so - so I can probably wait for sub-$20, really... But I do have a bit of Amazon gift cert. credit sitting around so I thought I might splurge. But I really probably ought to hold off.

I think that this is a great price for most people, but for us discriminating CAGs, we know that this game will be a but less in the months to come. There are just too many quality, quality games that are sub-$30 through sales, discounts, etc.

I've almost checked out about three times before I just canceled and closed the window. I really want it, but I've still got Zack and Wiki, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, and Galaxy to finish.

Judging by the first Battalion Wars, BW2 is surely a worthy addition to a longterm collection. So even though I've got a HUGE queue to unplayed Wii games to go through, I picked it up. It'll probably be a while before we catch it at this price or lower, so I figure it's a good opportunity to add this to my collection - even if I don't touch it for a few weeks or even months.

The game is pretty good I bought it back when TRU had those Buy 2 get 1 Wii game free sales (got to do the sale twice as a birthday gift). The game is pretty good the enhancements from the first game are good and the online mode is enjoyable and fun.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']This is very close to biteable for me. I just have way too many games.
Excellent DotD though.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. My backlog of games is too huge. I should only buy "too good of a deal to pass up" games. Although if this dropped below $29.99, it may qualify.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Judging by the first Battalion Wars, BW2 is surely a worthy addition to a longterm collection. So even though I've got a HUGE queue to unplayed Wii games to go through, I picked it up. It'll probably be a while before we catch it at this price or lower, so I figure it's a good opportunity to add this to my collection - even if I don't touch it for a few weeks or even months.[/quote]Definitely better than the first game. Controls are much more intuitive, and the online (well, at least the co-op that I've tried) is great though limited to 4 maps.

This game is great. I love how everyone bitches about how bad a DotD is, but when it's a good deal, $18 off of a very fun Wii game, no one buys it.

pretty awesome game that is under rated. Kuju did a great job and it has online play. If you like real time RTS then pick it up.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']This is very close to biteable for me. I just have way too many games.[/QUOTE]I'm echoing this like everybody else is.

[quote name='naes']This game is great. I love how everyone bitches about how bad a DotD is, but when it's a good deal, $18 off of a very fun Wii game, no one buys it.[/quote]
Well, usually we all bitch about how crappy the game being offered is and how we'd never buy it, not even for $1. The difference with this deal is we're all acknowledging that it's a good game, but still not near anyone's sweet spot, so we're bitching that the price is not lower.

I too would get this if it was less than $25, but just can't justify it to myself given my huge backlog of games right now. Battalion Wars for GC dropped in price pretty steadily, and I guarantee there are a hell of a lot more copies of BWII made than there were of the GC version, so I can wait for this one to drop more and catch up on some other games.

[quote name='botticus']Definitely better than the first game. Controls are much more intuitive, and the online (well, at least the co-op that I've tried) is great though limited to 4 maps.[/quote]
Thanks, good to know! As I suspected, it definitely sounds like a worthy addition to a Wii collection.

Gah... I'm close to biting on this deal, but I'm in no hurry to play it and I still have a bunch of titles to play. I'm going to hold off on it.

If I had the cash I would jump on it but I just bought some games so I will have to wait and see if it goes on sale later

I have no reason to buy this right now since I won't get to it for months (it'll sit in the queue behind Super Mario Galaxy and Mass Effect), but screw it. I might die tomorrow, and I'll never miss that $32.

[quote name='KiySeph']Gah... I'm close to biting on this deal, but I'm in no hurry to play it and I still have a bunch of titles to play. I'm going to hold off on it.[/quote]

Same here. I haven't even touched Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3.

bread's done
Back