Clearance Toys R Us (San Jose, CA / Capital and McKee)

koji126

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Just saw that they had a store closing sale. The store is being moved to another location and everything in the store is on sale. That also includes video games. Just thought I'd let you guys know. I think it was 10% - 30% off games. I think all PS3, Wii, and most of the 360 games are 30% off. There are some 360 games which are 10% off. The selection is so so for the ps3 games, but they seem to have a bunch of 360 games. The remaining consoles they have are also on sale. They have a 80gig PS3 down at $449.99. I guess its an okay deal.

That was the store I used to work at, it was a dump because of the clientele that would come and drop off their kids like it was Chuck E. Cheese. Anyway, it might be a good place for me to go and use that $50 gift card I have. I could use Kingdom Under Fire for the 360.

Picked up a play and charge kit there for about $12 after tax about a week ago. They were pretty much cleared of anything good accessory wise.

Alright, so I went in this morning. I managed to snag Folklore, little guy was hiding in between a a few games. I just didn't notice it because of its black cover. Well anyways, when I was there the girl at the counter found 2 copies of COD4 for the ps3. They still have a mess of 360, PS3, and Wii games. Although, I'm not sure what you guys want. I found what I was looking for.

Not much left for GBA/DS games. I picked up a faceplate for 10 bucks. There were still alot of 360 games left, but few worth mentioning.(Halo 3, Orange Box, Blue Dragon, PGR4) I wish I was there sooner to buy a 360 console.

If anyone stops by this store can you ask a toy manager about acquiring their Star Wars Lego display? There is a chance that they will give it to you for free (I got one from a prior TRU closing). If you are able to get it I will compensate you more than adequately for your trouble.

[quote name='jkanownik']If anyone stops by this store can you ask a toy manager about acquiring their Star Wars Lego display? There is a chance that they will give it to you for free (I got one from a prior TRU closing). If you are able to get it I will compensate you more than adequately for your trouble.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the big cardboard display? I'll stop by again tomorrow or something.

And the discount is still just 30% off.

just went there today and it's now 40% off. Not many ps3 games and psp games left. There were BARELY any accessories for all consoles I think they were 50-60% off. I managed to pick up rockband for the 360. Everything else for the 360 is mostly sports games from 07 and 08. The place is a mess though!

I'm going for it today thanks for the info I'm actually looking for the 08 games so I hope they are still there

Update:

I went there just about no acessiores like said above.

Lots of games though nothing super new. i myself picked up Stranglehold, Orange Box, Blue Dragon and Spiderman 3 for the 360

lots for the PS3 (Even had Madden 08) no so much on the Wii but there are some games

I should have went sooner.
But some games are still expensive.
Like Blue Dragon, I think is 40-50, so even with 40 percent, it's around 20-30 bucks.

CONSOLES WITH 40% OFF ARE A STEAL

All video games are now 50% off.

The only notables are: The Orange Box (and maybe Thrillevile: Off the Rails, College Hoops 2k8). All are for 360.

If anyone wants one of these, I might go again. We could do a in-person trade/sell thing.

Funny story:

I went in the first day the store was closing. All items were only 10% off. I asked the CSR when the store was closing. She said "End of 2007." I think she tried to get me buy as much as possible at only 10% off. Who would've thought video games were 50% off at this time? I nearly bought games at 10% off. =/

^guess they'll still be around for a while then. That's great I'm thinking about going back this weekend. Does anyone have orange box for the 360? I might pick it up if it's good.

I need to go :/

They don't Carry FF figures do they?
Or any like "import" toys besides Pokemon.

-Called.
The guy said it's really empty.
IDK if it's worth the look...

I believe Sunday, Feb. 10 is the last day. I came on Feb. 1, and there was a sign that says "9 days left."

So I'll assume the 10th is the last day of the store. Unless someone was being lazy with the sign...

I have Orange Box for 360 from TRU's B2G1F. At 50% off, that's a STEAL. An absolute must-have for that much of a discount. GHIII (360, game only) is there too.

Assuming you're meaning FF as Final Fantasy figures, there are none. What there are a lot of in the store are stuffed animals. Good for a girlfriend.

The whole damn glass case was empty. It looked as if a thief had taken the games!

I even asked the cashier if the games were really sold out (as opposed to them sending it to the new TRU opening later this month), and the games really were sold out. BD is gone.

360 games still left (maybe):

GHIII game only (~4)
Orange Box (~4)
Thrilleville Off the Rails (~10)
College Hoops 2k8 (~4)
Viva Pinanta Party Animals (1)
Fantastic 4 Rise of Silver Surfer (1)

That's all at the top of my head.

No good (or any) GC/GBA/DS/Wii/PS2/PSP games. PS3 selection is crap.

Any merchandise still left in the store after closing will be sold to small "3rd party" stores.

what about the game guides? are they still selling 'em?

i do hope for 75%, so that i could buy that toy castle.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']: /

I want Mario Galaxy Guide, but of course, it'll be gone.

Damn...
I should have went earlier.[/quote]

for 50% off game guide? maybe.

might as well check your local gamestop, as they already price drop it to $10. either way, you'll get it.

All game guides are 50% off.

I didn't see a Mario Galaxy guide. There were lots of Super Paper Mario guides though. And lots of Zelda Phantom Hourglass guides too.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Yeah, I need to go before they close.
The "Demo" systems are going to the new store.[/quote]

like they'll gonna sell ye the demos?

I stopped by there tonight. Their gaming section is very very thin. I did see rockband for ps3 going for half price but since I don't have a ps3 I had to pass.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I remember someone saying when a TRU closed by them, they were offered the demo machines.[/quote]

That's to obad because i wanted the 360...and their 360 was RR'ed.

[quote name='Popnmusic']I stopped by there tonight. Their gaming section is very very thin. I did see rockband for ps3 going for half price but since I don't have a ps3 I had to pass.[/quote]

So, not worth going at all?

[quote name='Popnmusic']I stopped by there tonight. Their gaming section is very very thin. I did see rockband for ps3 going for half price but since I don't have a ps3 I had to pass.[/quote]

Holy dude!

I'm assuming you mean the standalone game, because otherwise I don't know how that could still be there.

[quote name='metaly']Holy dude!

I'm assuming you mean the standalone game, because otherwise I don't know how that could still be there.[/quote]
when i went there were no more rock band bundles. I asked the employee at the time and he confirmed it. I'll probably make one last stop before it closes this week.

I guess it's a waste time to go now. xD

It's ok that place was worthless anyway, I remember it as a kid with the long tall isle and it was great back then. I feel sorry for kids these days. Glad I'm not one.

[quote name='Wario64']damn, i didnt know they had orange box still, and at 50%. im assumign all the good stuff is gone by now[/QUOTE]

Long gone...

Its weird seeing the place the way it is.

This thread sure was sneaky. Didn't see it until it was way too late. Guess I'll be checking out the regional from time to time now. Rockband and Orange Box would have been great valentines gifts for my girlfriend.

alright I just got back from TRU. There are only 2 days left with 80-90% off everything, half the store is closed, and everything is pushed to the front. If you 're looking for games there are basically none left. Unless you are planning on getting Thrillville, Bee Movie, Major League Baseball 2k7, Narnia for the Xbox 360 don't waste your time. There are some crappy GBA games and PC stuff but don't get your hopes up. My trip wasn't a complete 'waste' because I grabbed 2 toys as presents but anyone looking for games other than those listed above are out of luck, save yourself some gas and time. Oh yes and the place is even messier than before.

bread's done
Back