• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Matsumoto11756

Matsumoto11756

Need gaming time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:03 AM

I just ordered one, thanks OP!!!
Let's go Mets !!!!! Oh no WTF ???? Argggggg not AGAIN!!!

#32 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:23 AM

I heard there was some sorta thing with Paypal temporary credit card numbers and using unlimited Google checkouts with 'em. I take it that doesn't work any more?

#33 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:53 AM

Personally, I love this game and the bonus disc is actually a Windows Autoplay disc. Just put it in your computer and it should automatically play, if not double click the .exe file. In some ways the Windows disc is preferential, otherwise you can't get the soundtrack as mp3's.

I must also add that the CE has a great case, that is not an el-cheapo tin can. It flip opens like a book and the disc is easily removable unlike the cheap tin can with the paperback disc holder that is a pain to take out the disc everytime.

The game has certain annoying issues, but the graphics is awesome and the reviews are generally spot-on an 8'ish. In my opinion better than CoD4 that I'm playing now. CoD4 has annoying "no cover" system ala Gears of War or Rainbow Six issues....

Thanks for the Windows Autoplay info. I didn't see any such indication on the disc, and I just assumed it was intended for playback on the 360.

I mostly agree about the case, although the design overlaps the two discs, and I don't like the business side of one disc touching another disc. Even so, the discs both seem fine, no obvious scratches. I guess it would have been beneath MS for them to use this case for the Halo 3 CE. I'm pretty forgiving, but I sure hope the responsible person(s) got fired for that fiasco.

#34 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:58 AM

Wow, that sucks. I like the DOS reference. At the very least, this doesn't sound as bad the R6:V LCE, with it's lame DVD extra and cover that is too big for the game, that was suppose to hold an art book or something, I suppose.

Ha, I haven't opened my R6:V LCE from the Amazon sale yet, but I did notice that the packaging is concave...

#35 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:28 PM

Ha, I haven't opened my R6:V LCE from the Amazon sale yet, but I did notice that the packaging is concave...

I'm guessing you got it during the Black Friday sale, too?