WARM? Halo 3 Legendary Edition $69.99 at Microplay YMMV

I was at Merivale Microplay in Ottawa. There are at least 25 of Halo 3 LE tagged at $69.99. This isn't as hot as $49.99 french edition during amazon.ca boxing sale, but this is English edition.

Is this a good price? I don't have 360 anyway, but wanted to share.

Hmm, do you mean Legendary, or LE as in Limited Edition?

If it's Legendary, then that's an awesome deal. If it's Limited Edition, I think that's the regular price.

Hopefully in a few months I can find this in the bargin bin at EB for $40 :D. These places still got stacks of these paper weights.

[quote name='Griptor']Hmm, do you mean Legendary, or LE as in Limited Edition?

If it's Legendary, then that's an awesome deal. If it's Limited Edition, I think that's the regular price.

[EDIT: To help clarify, Legendary is the large box that comes with the helmet. Limited Edition is just the thicker DVD case][/quote]

Like I said in the title, it is the Legendary edition. There was a huge pile of them on the ground.

[quote name='danthemightyone']Like I said in the title, it is the Legendary edition. There was a huge pile of them on the ground.[/quote]

Yeah, just wasn't sure, because you mentioned "Halo 3 LE" in your post.

But anyway, that's awesome. I just got a 360 a couple of weeks back, so I'm gonna pick this up tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up man!

WOW Bungie is quite stupid....LE eddition and Legendary Edition....who in their freaking minds names them with the same letters...

Customer:I am here for the LE edition of HALO 3
Staff:Yes we have them, and their $79.99
Customer:Uhhh isn't it 169....
Staff:No sir it's 79.99 for the LE eddition and the other one is Legendary Edition
Customer:But how wold you know they didn't mean the opposite....?
Staff:Because we just know....
Customer:Well your stupid
Staff:well your gay....

See my point it confuses people what is what.

[quote name='Sejad']WOW Bungie is quite stupid....LE eddition and Legendary Edition....who in their freaking minds names them with the same letters...

Customer:I am here for the LE edition of HALO 3
Staff:Yes we have them, and their $79.99
Customer:Uhhh isn't it 169....
Staff:No sir it's 79.99 for the LE eddition and the other one is Legendary Edition
Customer:But how wold you know they didn't mean the opposite....?
Staff:Because we just know....
Customer:Well your stupid
Staff:well your gay....

See my point it confuses people what is what.[/quote]

Exactly. Who's stupid and who's gay? ;)

[quote name='Griptor']Yeah, just wasn't sure, because you mentioned "Halo 3 LE" in your post.

But anyway, that's awesome. I just got a 360 a couple of weeks back, so I'm gonna pick this up tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up man![/QUOTE]

Check the FS on Merirvale I can't remember if they had the Legendary boxes mark down to $59 last night or not. If they are PM them at BB to save more cash :)

Also is a single pack of Pocky for 97 cents a good deal? The Kanata Walmart had some for their Chinese new year specials. It was a display in front of the candy isle on your right just past the Valentines stuff. Chocolate flavor and Strawberry.

pocky usually doesnt' get much cheaper than that, unless you're buying those uber baskets with about 10 random things thrown in it

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Check the FS on Merirvale I can't remember if they had the Legendary boxes mark down to $59 last night or not. If they are PM them at BB to save more cash :)

Also is a single pack of Pocky for 97 cents a good deal? The Kanata Walmart had some for their Chinese new year specials. It was a display in front of the candy isle on your right just past the Valentines stuff. Chocolate flavor and Strawberry.[/quote]

Ahh, rats. I must've checked this forum a dozen or so minutes before you posted this morning. After class I went straight over to Microplay and picked up the Legendary for 70, then went over to Best Buy and saw it for 80, and then to Futureshop and saw it for 60, like you said.

I'd already gotten it from Microplay, and the guy there was cool, so I really didn't wanna go back and return what I just bought just to save ~12 bucks...

.......am I officially out of the cheap ass club? :whistle2:#

Heh, anyway, thanks Zelda, and thanks again dan. Legendary for 70 is good enough for me.

And Zelda, I've actually never heard of Pocky, so I couldn't tell ya.

Enjoy Halo Griptor and the helmet. It's an interesting conversation starter in my house when people visit.
If your looking for Gears of War try Shoppers Drugmart I got it for $35. But finish Halo 3 first Gears is a very pretty game.

97 cents for the small box? Yeah that's reasonable. Check the expiry date though: I saw a bunch of Pocky at a store for cheap and it turns out they were all expired.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']97 cents for the small box? Yeah that's reasonable. Check the expiry date though: I saw a bunch of Pocky at a store for cheap and it turns out they were all expired.[/quote]

Pocky can expire? lol

Shite, I'll have to head into the city and stop by Future Shop and Microplay. How much does Halo 3 regular edition go for at EB anyway? I might as well trade it in if I end up getting the LE.

Bumping an old thread.

Microplay now sells remaining stocks of LE for $34.99. (or could be $39.99) I talked with a staff I know, and they are trying to get rid of them to free up store spaces. IIRC, this is cheaper than their used copy of regular Halo 3.

I am currently waiting for Rogers to drop the price on it. Mine still has three or four. I've decided $59.99 isn't quite cheap enough lol

bread's done
Back