PS2 to PS3 memory card converter-- transfer saves to PC?

A

Apossum

Topic says it. Just wondering if you can hook it up to the PC and back up your PS2 saves that way.

[quote name='Gourd']How, exactly?[/QUOTE]

802581b.jpg

it's PS2 to USB....

Yes you can.

hmmm, hank said otherwise in the GGT. so you can hook it up to the PC and copy and paste your PS2 saves?

[quote name='Apossum']
it's PS2 to USB....
[/QUOTE]

Yes. I have one. I should have clarified: How exactly, when I have yet to find a PC driver that supports the Memory Card Converter?

unfortunately, I don't have a PS3 to do that with. Guess I'll need the action replay thing inufaye mentioned in the GGT.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Actually, I just found a program that lets you take PSV files you've copied to your PC from a PS3 and extract the files. Use a flash drive or whatever.
http://www.ps2savetools.com/download.php?op=viewdownload&cid=12

Then use PS2 Save Builder to save the files as whatever format you wish. If you're running Vista, you'll have to set it to XP compatibility mode.
http://www.ps2savetools.com/download.php?lid=74&op=viewdownloaddetails&ttitle=PS2_Save_Builder[/quote]

Ok riddle me this. PS3 80 + PS2 memcard reader + 16 Meg MaxMemory
PS2 card. The stupid reader wont accept anything but the 8 Meg cards. Tried to get slick and plug into the computer...asks for non-existant disk. I cancel and then its like it isnt there! :bomb: They fail to let you know that the device is only guranteed to "see" the official sony cards! Cute!

Is there a set of drivers/program/anything that will let me use the reader in the PC??? This is soooooo irritating! Prob just gonna take it back...

I also hear there is another aftermarket reader that will read all BUT the regular
8 Meg cards! I can't believe these ignorant companies can't make one that reads all sizes!

ok then, what about going the other direction? Say I have a save file on my PC and I want to put the save onto a memory card but all I have is the Sony Memory Card Adaptor, can I do that?

bump - if you have a flash drive of any sorts (usb, SD, whatever) that connects via USB, you can copy it on to that, then to the PS3. It's been years since I've done it, but if you have trouble it will most likely because it needs to be in a certain folder on the flash drive.. I don't know what it would be, but a workaround would be to just copy a previous PS3 save on it, and it will create that folder for you.

bread's done
Back