Xbox component hookup - $5 Gamestop

nwaugh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Given how few posts are in here I doubt many people will care, but maybe I'll catch someone like me who is a true cheapass and is still working through the previous game generation.

Gamestop is selling the Xbox High Definition pack (just an A/V dongle with component and optical out) for $5 used. You can find them by using the product locator and SKU 900497. Hope that helps someone (and I hope it's not common knowledge that I'm just repeating).

I spotted a few of those from time to time. Good price considering the relative scarcity.
Also at a few gamestops, there are bins of clearance accessories at 25% off. Mostly 360 skins/ps2 controllers. But I picked up a 7.2" xbox intel screen for 29.99 after discount. They used to be $150+, and for the quality, of course not worth it. But for $30, I said why not. The screen's definitely flawed, but has some uses.

You just made my day. I just got a plasma and have been looking into getting my xbox hooked up in hd properly for those non bc games I can't play on my 360 and have been wondering where to get good cheap cables so this is awesome! Now what to do with my PS2 and DC. . .

You can find them by using the product locator and SKU 900497

How do you do this? I entered this on Gamestop's search and got nothing.

[quote name='b_burrack']You can find them by using the product locator and SKU 900497

How do you do this? I entered this on Gamestop's search and got nothing.[/QUOTE]

By modifying the product locator link available on any live product page. There's a place for your zip code (XXXXX) and the sku.

Here's an example (remove the spaces):

http: //www.gamestop. com/productavail.asp?miles=10&sku=900497&zip=XXXXX&product_name=&platforms=&sbox=&status=A&bn=False

That's pretty slick! Thanks! Now all I need is a list of Gamestop SKU numbers of things I need that don't show on their website.

Anyone have a pic of this item. Only one store which had it according to the locator had one, but I think it was unofficial and I had my doubts about it. The cord came from the back of the xbox and hit a box which had component plugs. The box actually said "box" on it and had no company markings. It required the user to buy component cables to plug from "box" to the TV. I passed for now.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Anyone have a pic of this item. Only one store which had it according to the locator had one, but I think it was unofficial and I had my doubts about it. The cord came from the back of the xbox and hit a box which had component plugs. The box actually said "box" on it and had no company markings. It required the user to buy component cables to plug from "box" to the TV. I passed for now.[/quote]

The first Microsoft brand component set had the big box, and a set of component + audio cables that were plugged in manually (5 total). If they were missing the cables, then you did the right thing to pass. The second version was an integrated 1 to 5 cable that produced a cleaner signal. It was marked "Xbox" on the console plug. That's the one you want.

The Psyclone (silver braided) and Monster (green braided) brand sets are pretty good quality too if you find them.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']The first Microsoft brand component set had the big box, and a set of component + audio cables that were plugged in manually (5 total). If they were missing the cables, then you did the right thing to pass. The second version was an integrated 1 to 5 cable that produced a cleaner signal. It was marked "Xbox" on the console plug. That's the one you want.

The Psyclone (silver braided) and Monster (green braided) brand sets are pretty good quality too if you find them.[/quote]Thanks, I'll look for the second version like you suggested. I tried playing Red Dead Revolver on my 360 and there were terrible graphic problems. I hate this "backwards compatability". I looked at the compatability problems list and every one of my favorite games that is bc has some sort of issue. Terrible.

I don't know the quality, but I've seen multi-console component cables at Gamestop. You can hook up PS2/PS3, Wii, Xbox360 and Xbox with it. I believe they were $19.99.

[quote name='mogamer']I don't know the quality, but I've seen multi-console component cables at Gamestop. You can hook up PS2/PS3, Wii, Xbox360 and Xbox with it. I believe they were $19.99.[/quote]

I've tried those types and the signal quality is usually awful. The switch mechanism dirties up the signals.

[quote name='dracula']there are some at the nearest gamestops, i may have to get this fow when i buy a hd tv[/quote]

I would grab one now of you see it, they're extremely hard to find. The online inventory locator doesn't really work, because it's almost never updated. I've found that true myself, and some GS employees have confirmed it.

bread's done
Back