Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

• Please log in to reply
2065 replies to this topic

#301 craig64

craig64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:54 PM

What is the cheapest anyone has seen NHL08 on 360? I saw it at EB for $40 used, so that's probably where I'll pick it up - but has anyone seen it any less elsewhere?

#302 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

What is the cheapest anyone has seen NHL08 on 360? I saw it at EB for $40 used, so that's probably where I'll pick it up - but has anyone seen it any less elsewhere?

It's $39.99 used at Rogers, or $20 if you find it at a place with 2/40.

Sports games tend to drop in price really fast: I bet in June after the Stanley Cup's over it'll go down to $20-30. Of course when NHL 09 comes out it'll be dirt-cheap.

#303 Goodfella1986

Goodfella1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:44 PM

Has anyone seen any copies of Obscure 2: The Aftermath (Wii) available yet and where? It was supposed to be out today.

I'm hoping there wasn't a delay like there was with House of the Dead for some canadians.

#304 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:24 PM

Does anyone know if Persona 3 FES is in the system at EB? I need to preorder this game ASAP.

Persona 3 FES is in the EB Games computer now if any one wants to reserve it :D

#305 vibinvo

vibinvo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

It was on sale at WM for $30 back sometime in Nov Dec of 2007. I think it was a pricing error bc WM pulled it all off the shelves. I took the flyer to BB and they PM at the register.

#306 darkandlong

darkandlong

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:14 PM

What's my cheapest option for a PS2 besides prowling kijiji/craigslist?

#307 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:23 PM

Real canadian Super Store has the PS2 at $99 this week. If you need memory cards I can make you a good trade/deal on it. I have an extra 2 pack new in packaging.

#308 bullets898

bullets898

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:18 PM

Is it cheaper to buy wii pts online instore, or from the states?
And if bought from the states, will it have an issue with working (i've heard that XBLive membership cards from the states don't work in canada...).

Also, which "gun" is best for wii shooter games? I'm not really liking the zapper that much, so I've been looking into the nyko perfect shot or the icon marksman light gun.

#309 MatiasB

MatiasB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:21 PM

Hey, Anybody know what kind of trade in value you can get at Game Center on Yonge and Charles in toronto?

Better or worst then EB?

#310 inconspikuous

inconspikuous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:02 PM

anyone know of any deals for ninja gaiden:dragon sword (DS)?

#311 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:35 PM

Also, which "gun" is best for wii shooter games? I'm not really liking the zapper that much, so I've been looking into the nyko perfect shot or the icon marksman light gun.

The Perfect shot is the best light gun accessory: be warned that with the Wii Remote it will be "barrel-heavy" so it may tire you out faster. The Icon marksman supposedly uses the Z button as the trigger and is a POS.

http://www.futuresho...595&catid=24674

#312 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:49 AM

Anyone know where I can find Twilight Princess Wii for cheap? As in sub 30$, possibly 20$ cheap?
New or used, it doesn't matter.

#313 CHW

CHW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:20 AM

QUESTION: What happens if you don't pick up a pre-order at EB after they call you?

They called me to pick up my SSBB preorder that I didn't want anymore. I called back, asking to change the preorder to something else and the clerk told me I'd have to do that in person. Which is NOT TRUE (I've done it over the phone many times) but I didn't feel like arguing with the guy and ignored it.

Did I lose my 5 dollar deposit on SSBB, or can I get it back or change it to, say, MGS4?

#314 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:05 AM

you can change it.

I also had the exact same crap happen to me today with my MGS collection preorder. You can move it to any other game or get back your money.

Maybe it was a company change because I used to just change it over the phone.
They said come in person. Which I will do. I was pissed that they sold my MSG collection so quickly though. (Got the call tuesday was gone by saturday)

#315 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:04 PM

I think they changed the policy. I had to sign a piece of paper when I changed a $5 preorder deposit on Friday from MGS collection to Persona 3 FES. I've never had to sign anything before.

#316 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:58 PM

I think they changed the policy. I had to sign a piece of paper when I changed a $5 preorder deposit on Friday from MGS collection to Persona 3 FES. I've never had to sign anything before.

I ve always had to sign a peice of paper ever since i started reserving games 4 years ago....
PLEASE EMAIL ME: gamer602 at gmail.com
DO NOT POST ON RFD!:bomb:
WAY too many HOARDERS THERE!

#317 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:10 PM

Anyone know where I can find Twilight Princess Wii for cheap? As in sub 30$, possibly 20$ cheap?
New or used, it doesn't matter.

Hard to find anywhere for less than $50 new. Your best bet is private sellers. Knowing Nintendo, it'll still be $50-60 MSRP for years (unless they make it Player's Choice.)

#318 Zowsky

Zowsky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:35 PM

Whats the best price for The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II on 360? I can't find it on Futureshop's or Best Buy's websites

#319 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:46 PM

I've seen Yakuza for sale aty my local BBV. Is it worth getting for $10? The case is one of those BBV cases, and no idea what condition the disk is in, etc.
Anyone know if this game is worth it, and how long it is? (I have already so many PS2 games on the backburner...) It just looks like a typical mob game to me, but it always seems recommended, just wondering what makes the game worth it.

Posted Image

#320 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:15 PM

Hard to find anywhere for less than $50 new. Your best bet is private sellers. Knowing Nintendo, it'll still be $50-60 MSRP for years (unless they make it Player's Choice.)

That's a fact I knew from the day TP was announced for Wii, tho I thought I try asking anyway. Looks like i"ll need to look around my old haunts for anyone dumb enough to hock off their copy to a pawnshop or something. "/

I've seen Yakuza for sale aty my local BBV. Is it worth getting for $10? The case is one of those BBV cases, and no idea what condition the disk is in, etc.
Anyone know if this game is worth it, and how long it is? (I have already so many PS2 games on the backburner...) It just looks like a typical mob game to me, but it always seems recommended, just wondering what makes the game worth it.

For 10 bucks, just about any game is worth it, other of course the garbage of garbage games which anyone can see a mile away. The only problem with the game is crappy english voice overs. If you like it enough, Yakuza 2 is supposedly coming out.

Also be sure to ask for a proper PS2 case, BBV's have a ton lying around.

#321 Faytz

Faytz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:31 AM

Yakuza is a very good game with a nice plot, horrible loading speed when you're travelling around the city though...

The details put into this game is sweet, the city you're character travels in is actually a real place in Japan, with the restraunts and stores (name changes though)... I don't like mob, beat them up games but this one is an exception, you should really look into it :)

#322 Winkels

Winkels

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:26 AM

Anyone seen any deals on Lost: Via Domus for the 360? I know the game is supposed to be trash but I'm a sucker for the show...plus some easy nerd points are a nice bonus.

#323 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:12 AM

I'm sure Walmart will be bundling that with another game of similar quality come this holiday. :p

#324 inconspikuous

inconspikuous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:12 AM

so, i'm guessing noone knows of any deals for ninja gaiden:DS? =(

#325 inconspikuous

inconspikuous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:13 AM

crap. i meant 'DS' as in dragon sword / nintendo DS.

#326 Smack

Smack

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:51 PM

Where can I find a standalone Guitar Hero guitar for my Wii?

It is hard enough to find the bundle let alone one of these things. Can you order them from anywhere?

Edit: Either the official guitar or the Nyko 3rd party will do. I am not picky

#327 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:35 PM

Have you tried Red Octane's (former publisher of Guitar Hero) website?

#328 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

It is hard enough to find the bundle let alone one of these things. Can you order them from anywhere?

I saw a few of the official ones at Best Buy a week ago. $59.99. Probably OOS now.

#329 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:35 PM

Have you tried Red Octane's (former publisher of Guitar Hero) website?

#330 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

I saw a few of the official ones at Best Buy a week ago. $59.99. Probably OOS now.