Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

• Please log in to reply
2065 replies to this topic

#331 craig64

craig64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:32 PM

Has anyone seen Metroid Prime 3 for less than $49.99? That's the used price at EB, but I'm still not wanting to pay that much for it...

#332 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:35 PM

Anyone seen any deals on Lost: Via Domus for the 360? I know the game is supposed to be trash but I'm a sucker for the show...plus some easy nerd points are a nice bonus.

It's $35 used at EB now.

#333 craig64

craig64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:32 PM

Has anyone seen Metroid Prime 3 for less than $49.99? That's the used price at EB, but I'm still not wanting to pay that much for it...

#334 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:35 PM

Anyone seen any deals on Lost: Via Domus for the 360? I know the game is supposed to be trash but I'm a sucker for the show...plus some easy nerd points are a nice bonus.

It's $35 used at EB now.

#335 dave17

dave17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:41 PM

just rent the lost game, you'll finish it in a weekend.
now playing: grid
waiting for: forza 3, mass effect 2

#336 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

$49.99 is the new price at most stores. I think Dell had it for $45 a few weeks back. You could also wait for the next SiG Electronics sale, but they have limited stock.

#337 Zowsky

Zowsky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

Is the CE for Enchanted Arms a normal Case? or does it have one of those stupid special cases? I ask because I can only find the CE @ Futureshop, and I hate those boxes. I'd rather just have the normal box.

#338 danthemightyone

danthemightyone

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

Is the CE for Enchanted Arms a normal Case? or does it have one of those stupid special cases? I ask because I can only find the CE @ Futureshop, and I hate those boxes. I'd rather just have the normal box.

For either 360 or PS3, I never heard of CE for Enchanted Arms. Can anyone answer this?

#339 Zowsky

Zowsky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:09 PM

For the 360

#340 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:34 PM

I think once this hits 500 we should start a new question thread to clean the clutter.

#341 thelostdude

thelostdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:56 PM

For either 360 or PS3, I never heard of CE for Enchanted Arms. Can anyone answer this?

It's a normal case + some little manga book. Nothing too fancy
Posted Image
Start Playing Poker Money with FREE MONEY!!

#342 danthemightyone

danthemightyone

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:34 AM

It's a normal case + some little manga book. Nothing too fancy

Yeah I know there's like a manga book added to the regular edition. I guess the case might be different to hold the book.

#343 danthemightyone

danthemightyone

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:36 AM

Haha, this EB store continues to amaze me. First they rejected ALL unadvertised preorder to be taken with Trade 3 promo. Unadvertised titles, according to them, are the ones they don't have any posters, etc in their store. Duh!

Today, they rejected me to switch GTA4 to GTA4 CE. When I was making the preorder, they clearly said I can switch it to any other preorders in the system, with paying the difference for such collectors edition. Now they are saying that they can't refund to credit as they bumped up the credit value from 8 to 20, so doing so would be a loss to them. Of course, I didn't even ask for the refund but just a switch to another one.

Did anyone else have a trouble switching their preorder to CE version? If so, what did you have to say to justify it?

By the way, I switched my MGS4 preoreder to CE with zero hassle at another store. I had to travel far to preorder it in another store because of this "unadvertised" BS.

#344 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:09 AM

Haha, this EB store continues to amaze me. First they rejected ALL unadvertised preorder to be taken with Trade 3 promo. Unadvertised titles, according to them, are the ones they don't have any posters, etc in their store. Duh!

Today, they rejected me to switch GTA4 to GTA4 CE. When I was making the preorder, they clearly said I can switch it to any other preorders in the system, with paying the difference for such collectors edition. Now they are saying that they can't refund to credit as they bumped up the credit value from 8 to 20, so doing so would be a loss to them. Of course, I didn't even ask for the refund but just a switch to another one.

Did anyone else have a trouble switching their preorder to CE version? If so, what did you have to say to justify it?

By the way, I switched my MGS4 preoreder to CE with zero hassle at another store. I had to travel far to preorder it in another store because of this "unadvertised" BS.

Did u bring ur receipt?

If not they marked it on ur account and ur best bet is to ask another associate on another day.
PLEASE EMAIL ME: gamer602 at gmail.com
DO NOT POST ON RFD!:bomb:
WAY too many HOARDERS THERE!

#345 danthemightyone

danthemightyone

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:03 AM

Did u bring ur receipt?

If not they marked it on ur account and ur best bet is to ask another associate on another day.

Mark it? You mean they leave record of switch attempt?

#346 thelostdude

thelostdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:02 AM

I've always been able to choose which games i wanted to preorder with the promo and the guys even gave me a list of all upcoming x360 games to help me choose from.
Posted Image
Start Playing Poker Money with FREE MONEY!!

#347 firehawk12

firehawk12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:37 AM

Yeah I know there's like a manga book added to the regular edition. I guess the case might be different to hold the book.

Yeah, there's a larger sleeve case that holds the game case and manga.

#348 eswat

eswat

Kill many bear

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:39 PM

So where should I be preordering/buying my copy of GTAIV (regular) from? I only know that EB is offering a poster on preorders there, but I'm wondering if any other places got any worth-while swag for grabs.

#349 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:55 PM

So where should I be preordering/buying my copy of GTAIV (regular) from? I only know that EB is offering a poster on preorders there, but I'm wondering if any other places got any worth-while swag for grabs.

HMV has a T-shirt with GTAIV on it.

#350 bullets898

bullets898

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

Is it cheaper to buy wii pts online, instore, or from the states?
And if bought from the states, it won't have an issue working, right? (i've heard that XBLive membership cards from the states don't work in canada...).

#351 Zowsky

Zowsky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:25 PM

is there going to be a ps3 bundle with the dual shock controller coming to Canada soon?

#352 chrisryans

chrisryans

BUSTAAA WOLF!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:49 PM

is there going to be a ps3 bundle with the dual shock controller coming to Canada soon?

MGS4 Bundle

#353 spzero

spzero

It's NEVER Lupus...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:14 AM

This isn't really a gaming deal question but it does pertain to gaming. Has anyone seen the Army of Two graphic novel in a store somewhere in the GTA? I really don't want to have to buy it online.
Posted Image

#354 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:52 AM

Anyone know the cheapest place to find a slim PS2? I won't pay $120 for a new one, and I don't mind buying used but prefer some limited warranty. I've been following a few leads on kijiji and craigslist, but have found nothing impressive yet.

I even checked EB today and a slim costs $100(?!). I'm sure I could do better.

Posted Image

#355 Goodfella1986

Goodfella1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:36 AM

Anyone know if Blockbuster has a trade-4 Xbox 360 games in and get GTA IV?

#356 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:46 AM

The Blockbusters I go to always have trade 4, so I assume they all do.

#357 d_bomb_23

d_bomb_23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:22 AM

Is it any 4 games? or do they have to have a minimum trade in value like at EB?

#358 kathos

kathos

Wooooooooo.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:59 PM

Futureshop gives away hats (lame I know). The only decent preorder swag I've seen if Amazon's license plate thing, if it wasn't for staff discounts (which isn't much on games and DVDs [don't get me wrong here we get like $1 off regular price on games/DVDs] but the collector's editions for games usually costs the same as the regular) I'd be getting it at Amazon.

Anyone know the cheapest place to find a slim PS2? I won't pay $120 for a new one, and I don't mind buying used but prefer some limited warranty. I've been following a few leads on kijiji and craigslist, but have found nothing impressive yet.

Holy cow that's cheap. But I guess that's why we're here (I kid). If you want completely brand new below $100 you'd have to root around deeeep or wait for a sale (Zellers had one a while back, Slim for $99). You can go to Pacific Mall and ask for a discount I guess, dunno if it was warranty though.

This isn't really a gaming deal question but it does pertain to gaming. Has anyone seen the Army of Two graphic novel in a store somewhere in the GTA? I really don't want to have to buy it online.

If you're in Toronto or any major city some comic book store must carry it, if you're in Toronto PM me your contact info, I'll be snooping around looking for some stuff anyway and I'll ask for yah.
Ex-Futureshop slave, ex-EB Games slave driver. Now Home Depot dreg.
Posted Image

#359 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:52 PM

Is it any 4 games? or do they have to have a minimum trade in value like at EB?

Minimum 15 dollars each or something like that.

#360 danthemightyone

danthemightyone

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

Minimum 15 dollars each or something like that.

It's $14.99 resale value, not trade-in value.