Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

• Please log in to reply
2065 replies to this topic

#31 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:18 AM

Haha, you start a Q&A thread, but don't feel like giving the answers?

Classic.

Sigh, this is the kind of attitude I see so often at RFD, and thus want to avoid. It's a sad day to see a CAG act like this. How many times have I seen the same person trade in multiple copies of the same game and the TIV plummet the next day I can't tell you.

I did all the LEG work, and it took a lot of time. As others will tell you, it was hard. Is it FAIR to me if all you do is copy down the list I post and trade the games to EB. I still have copies of those games on my hand, if the TIV drops, than I'm so screwed.

GO DO YOUR OWN WORK IF YOU WANT TO SAVE THE MONEY!

I started this thread because I'm sick of alll those stupid questions being asked everyday. This is not the place to ask if this is a good HDTV. Go post it on FS's website. or RFD. In case you havent noticed, this is the Canadian HOT VIDEO GAME DEALS FORUM.

If this is the attitude youre going to take(being an a**hole), please leave and go to RFD.
PLEASE EMAIL ME: gamer602 at gmail.com
DO NOT POST ON RFD!:bomb:
WAY too many HOARDERS THERE!

#32 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:20 AM

That's exactly what I did for the trade-6 last year: go to Rogers/Blockbuster, write down all the games priced around $9.99/14.99 (mind you, there were no sales going on at the time), then head home to call EB (since I didn't have a cell phone either during that time.) Then I have to go back to RV/BBV to pick up the games and hope no one else nabbed it. It was a lot of work, but I saved over $80 on a new DS Lite, so it was worth it IMO.

Like I said, the trick is to find games no one wants: the new AAA releases are always valid and thus are bought quickly. Plus it allows you to dodge the ire of fellow gamers by not trading in those quality titles to EB/BBV.

As for the Crimson DS, I don't expect a price cut anytime soon. Boxing Day 2006 had them for $129.99, which is the regular price now. Any deals will most likely be advertised so you can price-match.

So True

#33 lisdoncca

lisdoncca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:30 AM

I have a question about Wii remotes and nunchuks. This week Toys R Us has them at $5 off each. Do sales like that happen very often? I know Dell had the $54 bundle and the Wii Play + nunchuk for $49.99... besides those, have there been other deals in the past? Thanks.

Wii remotes are rarely on sale... Dell is almost the only store that actually reduces its price.... but, you better PM them, because they took months to ships the remotes and nunchuks, for some people at least.

#34 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:03 AM

Wii remotes are rarely on sale... Dell is almost the only store that actually reduces its price.... but, you better PM them, because they took months to ships the remotes and nunchuks, for some people at least.

Hey Lone,
I have new wii motes for 35 if u want.

#35 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:03 AM

er to gamer602. It seems that your post is a bit mean. Probably meaner than the person who made the comment.

Plus where I am anyway doing the leg work is a waste of time due to the hoarders from RFD (saw some games in a shop went ot a bank machine to get money they were gone afterwards and had a guy in the shop bragging they were towards his FIFTH DS lite). If someone would help me with a short list of what would work from RV and so forth thats been seen for cheap I'd really appreciate it. If YOU do not. Thats fine with me. I am the type of person who hides Mario Galaxy behind other games during a 2 for 40 and then goes here and tells everyone where its hidden in hopes a CAG gets it and not a RFD hoarder.

And we are allowed to ask silly questions like reccomendations on a tv and so forth. Sure its a HOT DEALS forum. But this is a question and answer thread. So why not?

Stop being so negative.

#36 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:14 AM

Im not negative.

Its just that these question threads would be deleted if it was posted on the AMERICAN HOT DEALS FORUM. I just wish the same rules would apply here. I know that theres isnt a Canadian Request a deal forum, so maybe we can keep it in the same thread

I'm the type of person who would price match two copies of the same game so I can sell one to a CAG at cost.

I do feel for people who live in Ontario, home of RFD.

#37 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:31 AM

P.S you are MORE THAN WELCOME to ask about anything you want in this thread. I could care less as long as it's posted here.

#38 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:24 AM

Well from what I see the american hot deal forum is quite flooded anyway since theres generally alot more deals there.
Being in Toronto myself RFD really grills me.

They have signs on the freaking subway now advertising their site. Still I sometimes get lucky. I did good at the last 2 for 40 I did and even better at the 2 for 30 clearance mainly because I knew where had the one clearance game I wanted. (why rogers video had fire emblem wii on clearance is beyond me but for 15$ I'm not complaining.)

#39 darkandlong

darkandlong

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:46 AM

Im not negative.

Not negative, just a douche.

You imply that RFD is filled with cutthroat unhelpful hoarders and CAG is a community to help other, unless you want to get some TIV values off gamer602, who "worked" "so hard" that its OK for him to not share his info in his own Q&A thread?

Amazing how me pointing out your hypocrisy is "RFD attitude" but your elitist attitude towards RFD and not helping out with TIV values and in general being a total jerk is perfectly acceptable?

Whatever.

Its kinda funny the RFD envy a lot of people have in this forum (especially when they post in both forums - or "borrow" hot deals from their forum without proper credit given). The more posts I read by certain CAGs leads me to believe the jerk to helpful poster ratio in both forums is just about the same. I suppose now that I've pointed that out and implied that gathering TIV values isn't really "work" I'm outed as a RFD shill only in CAG to amass massive amounts of disco'ed games to then turn around and ripoff innocent people.

I suspected this thread was pretty much useless... Thanks for confirming it gamer602. Feel free to bash me and hurl more insults, I'll stick to the helpful threads in the forum so I won't be checking this one anymore.

#40 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:45 PM

$19.99 games at Rogers, with EB TIV in parentheses:
Pro Evolution Soccer 07 (PS2) ($8)
Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria (PS2) $10)
Top Spin 2 (360) ($8+)

Other titles that might qualify are Cabela's for 360.

#41 Kekumba

Kekumba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:49 PM

What's the best store to buy DVD's from? I'm looking for Rob & Big and Run's House on DVD, and even though BB & FS sell Run's House for $20 (which is great for their standards), I've still yet to find Rob & Big anywhere.

#42 bullets898

bullets898

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:11 PM

is the Wii ever going to go on sale from their $270 pricing?

#43 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:16 PM

Not negative, just a douche.

You imply that RFD is filled with cutthroat unhelpful hoarders and CAG is a community to help other, unless you want to get some TIV values off gamer602, who "worked" "so hard" that its OK for him to not share his info in his own Q&A thread?

Amazing how me pointing out your hypocrisy is "RFD attitude" but your elitist attitude towards RFD and not helping out with TIV values and in general being a total jerk is perfectly acceptable?

Whatever.

Its kinda funny the RFD envy a lot of people have in this forum (especially when they post in both forums - or "borrow" hot deals from their forum without proper credit given). The more posts I read by certain CAGs leads me to believe the jerk to helpful poster ratio in both forums is just about the same. I suppose now that I've pointed that out and implied that gathering TIV values isn't really "work" I'm outed as a RFD shill only in CAG to amass massive amounts of disco'ed games to then turn around and ripoff innocent people.

I suspected this thread was pretty much useless... Thanks for confirming it gamer602. Feel free to bash me and hurl more insults, I'll stick to the helpful threads in the forum so I won't be checking this one anymore.

I'm more than willing to help CAGS out, just not willing to do it at a cost to me!(ie getting stuck with games I cant trade in due to a drop in TIV) Other posters understand this fact.

Also, this is not MY thready. True, I started it, but everyone can post what ever they like or want in here.

The ratio of helpful posts is MUCH HIGHER at CAG. I seriously can't name someone I dislike here at CAG,(including you) while there will be a list at RFD.

#44 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:18 PM

is the Wii ever going to go on sale from their $270 pricing?

Seriously, the EB trade in deals are the only way you'll see it for cheaper.
FS has once given away a crappy kids game with it thou....

#45 magiic

magiic

DENNY CRANE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:20 PM

The wii definately will not go on sale until stores can stock it for more than 30 minutes.
My eBay Feedback
Check out my CAG Trade List
Check out my auctions
Posted Image
Join GOOZEX a great site for trading your games
Join GameTraderWorld another great site for trading games. (They give away a FREE game every month)
Join ChaseTheChuckWagon (a great alternative to auctioning games on eBay)

#46 Griptor

Griptor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:35 AM

I've got an American Xbox 360, and my Live account is registered with a Canadian address.

Will American AND Canadian Live Subscription cards work?

Will American AND Canadian MS Points cards work?

#47 magiic

magiic

DENNY CRANE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:37 AM

That's a good question. I am in the same boat.
My eBay Feedback
Check out my auctions
Posted Image
Join GameTraderWorld another great site for trading games. (They give away a FREE game every month)

#48 ikariwarriors

ikariwarriors

Zang Zip, the War Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:28 AM

a friend bought me a 3-month Live subscription from the US, and it worked fine on our account that is listed as in Canada.

#49 Firestorm

Firestorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:50 PM

I've got an American Xbox 360, and my Live account is registered with a Canadian address.

Will American AND Canadian Live Subscription cards work?

Will American AND Canadian MS Points cards work?

Live subscription yes.
American points card no.
Canadian points card yes.

#50 Griptor

Griptor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:57 PM

Great, that's good news for me.

Another question, anyone think it's at all possible to still find the 360 Bioshock limited edition being sold anywhere? I borrowed it and fell in love with the game, I gotta have the limited edition...but I doubt I'll be able to find it.

#51 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:20 PM

Call the EB's around Ottawa. I've seen it at the Kanata EB they had two Limited copies for the longest time I don't know if they've sold it yet.
Posted Image

#52 ikariwarriors

ikariwarriors

Zang Zip, the War Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:21 PM

Great, that's good news for me.

Another question, anyone think it's at all possible to still find the 360 Bioshock limited edition being sold anywhere? I borrowed it and fell in love with the game, I gotta have the limited edition...but I doubt I'll be able to find it.

i'd recommend EB Games; the ones around here always seem to have used Bioshock LE's in stock. haven't seen new ones for a while, though.

#53 webrunner

webrunner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:59 PM

Are canadian EBs going to do the Apollo Justice preorder?

#54 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

Are canadian EBs going to do the Apollo Justice preorder?

dude, its been on since october, i did it when i picked up my copy of trials and tribulations.....

#55 Kekumba

Kekumba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:20 PM

What's the best store to buy DVD's from? I'm looking for Rob & Big and Run's House on DVD, and even though BB & FS sell Run's House for $20 (which is great for their standards), I've still yet to find Rob & Big anywhere.

#56 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:41 PM

For US Point Cards, there is a pretty easy way around it (considering when they're on sale for $17 or so, and they're 1600 a piece, they're worth it).
You can make a US Account on Live. Then you can download the XBLA Games on the US account, and they're available to all your accounts.

#57 Winnopeg

Winnopeg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:22 AM

For US Point Cards, there is a pretty easy way around it (considering when they're on sale for $17 or so, and they're 1600 a piece, they're worth it).
You can make a US Account on Live. Then you can download the XBLA Games on the US account, and they're available to all your accounts.

Only until your 360 bricks. :razz:

#58 eswat

eswat

Kill many bear

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:58 PM

What's the best deal on Crysis?

Go!

#59 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:17 PM

Only until your 360 bricks. :razz:

Which just happened to me. I'm in denial though. If I bring back both the accounts, what will the problem be?

#60 magiic

magiic

DENNY CRANE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:26 PM

Which just happened to me. I'm in denial though. If I bring back both the accounts, what will the problem be?

Im in the same boat, just log in the other account on a second controller and your fine. You HAVE to be connected to live though to play any stuff on that other count. I have another account because I wracked up like 8000 points on one of the smarter promos but I got tons of free live stuff as a result :)
My eBay Feedback
Check out my auctions
Posted Image