Photo
- - - - -

Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

• Please log in to reply
2065 replies to this topic

#811 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:17 AM

I guess you don't read the American CAG forum. Both were like 25$ each for the longest time, w/ free shipping.

#812 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:43 AM

You're right, I never go to the American forums. I figured I'm Canadian so I might as well stick to the Canadian deal section, eh? I always see people running the Americans out of the Canadian threads anyway. ;) Too bad I missed out, I should start checking there.

#813 AndyTwobeats

AndyTwobeats

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:15 PM

I just noticed that on the Futureshop / Best Buy sites, they've raised the price of Street Fighter IV to $69.99 / 89.99 for the regular / special editions.

I was wondering if anyone knows if EB's raised their prices as well?
Edit: Nevermind, the EB site still lists it @ $79.99 for the CE
http://ebgames.ca/rc_8.asp

Anyone know if Bestbuy / Futureshop PMs preorder prices?
Maybe beat it by a buck lol.

Edited by AndyTwobeats, 23 January 2009 - 08:36 PM.

#814 janlazer

janlazer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

Just got this in my email from ebgames.com...Anybody know if it'll work up here? Did I just stumble on a half-decent deal from EB For a change? lol.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#815 Spades22

Spades22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:27 AM

Had a question here: On Amazon.ca, can you combine multiple gift cards and the 10$ off MAPNEWNCSAVE coupon in one purchase? example: Use 2x5$ amazon.ca gift cards + the 10$ off MAPNEWNCSAVE coupon for 20$ off the purchase...then get the total to 40$ so you can use the free shipping.

#816 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:18 AM

I don't know if this will help you, but I put together an order that came to about $41 and qualified for free ship, added the $10 discount and it reduced the price to $31 but I still got to keep the free shipping. So you may not have to spend $50 and then take off the $10, you can spend $40 and take off the $10.

And I know that when you enter a coupon code they have an option to add another, so I think you can combine gift cards with the coupon code.

#817 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:19 AM

I just noticed that on the Futureshop / Best Buy sites, they've raised the price of Street Fighter IV to $69.99 / 89.99 for the regular / special editions.

That's crazy.

I'm also finding it really odd that amazon.ca still doesn't have SF4 up on their site. I've been waiting and waiting for them to put it up, still nothing. Same for Resident Evil 5.

#818 Spades22

Spades22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:11 AM

I don't know if this will help you, but I put together an order that came to about $41 and qualified for free ship, added the $10 discount and it reduced the price to $31 but I still got to keep the free shipping. So you may not have to spend $50 and then take off the $10, you can spend $40 and take off the $10.

And I know that when you enter a coupon code they have an option to add another, so I think you can combine gift cards with the coupon code.

Ya I've done this before. Basically I want to use the coupon again, except tack on 10$ of gift cards at the same time in the same purchase.

Posted Image

http://www.gaminglagoon.com/?ref=49176 <--Gaming Lagoon - Xbox live points, Wii points, Amazon gift cards, etc. :D

http://www.prizerebe...index.php?r=113 <-- PrizeRebel

Points2Shop <-- Points2Shop

#819 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

I think it would work fine, You could try it and not complete the order if it's not doing what you want it to.

#820 JJJr

JJJr

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

Regarding redeeming an american points card by making an american profile on your canadian xbox, can anyone confirm being able to still do this?

I heard after the NXE you can't do it anymore. I'd like to know because an american relative want going to be me some xbla points cards for my b-day, it would suck not being able to redeem them.

Also, just out of curiousity can you also still do this for gold cards?

Thanks.

#821 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:16 PM

American points cards don't work for us, however Gold subscriptions do.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#822 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

^ From the sounds of it, he already knows that. His question was "Can you still make an American profile on a Canadian Xbox 360, even if the NXE update has been performed" (paraphrasing, of course). To be honest JJJr, I'm not too sure how the Regions work on the 360, but hopefully someone will be able to answer your question ASAP!
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#823 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:44 PM

TronB, are you only interested in a NEW copy of Nocturne? I have a couple of Used/Complete ones in near mint condition. Let me know =)

#824 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

^ From the sounds of it, he already knows that. His question was "Can you still make an American profile on a Canadian Xbox 360, even if the NXE update has been performed" (paraphrasing, of course).

My bad, skimmed through the question a bit quickly, was in a rush to head out :lol:
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#825 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for offering Goomba, usually I only go for new games but I have settled for used in the past....but I think I should stay away from buying any games right now, especially the expensive ones. It's a bad habit of mine to buy games even when I don't have the time to play them! :lol:
--
New question... >_> Does anyone know if Suikoden Tierkries (for DS) is available for pre-order anywhere? I went to EB Games and asked if it was in the system, and was told no. I've checked Amazon.ca and a few other Canadian sites but it doesn't seem to be listed.

Edited by TronB, 31 January 2009 - 04:47 PM.

#826 JJJr

JJJr

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:50 AM

dang, so nobody has tried the 'create a new account under a different country to redeem xbla points' thing since the NXE?

#827 doctor_payne13

doctor_payne13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:05 PM

edit: wrong thread

#828 janlazer

janlazer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:59 PM

When does EB have the Trade 3 Get it Free thingy? Is that just on certain weekends/do they even do it anymore/what?
Posted Image

#829 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:26 AM

Trade 3 is usually done all the time, but only if they feel like ringing them in. Games that qualify varies depending on release of course. And remember, this period's 'Play for a week, trade it in for full value in tic' is RE5, and only preorders count for this.

#830 janlazer

janlazer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:36 AM

I keep trying at the Leduc EB and they keep telling me it only happens at certain times..Gonna have to try others..Got 7 games here I'd like to offload..not a big deal if they don't do the T3G1F, would be sweet if they did, though...Would like to preorder FEAR 2...Will worry about RE5 after I kill off a few other games in my 30+ backlog. Stupid NHL 09 ruining my gaming life..lol.
Posted Image

#831 lowlowgoodprice

lowlowgoodprice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

does anyone know much about those cd resurfacing sprays do they work? as do they make the cd work as if it was never scratched? or does it just hide the scratches... and which ones do you guys buy for how much ?

#832 janlazer

janlazer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:16 AM

does anyone know much about those cd resurfacing sprays do they work? as do they make the cd work as if it was never scratched? or does it just hide the scratches... and which ones do you guys buy for how much ?

I've been using Merlin Disc Magic...Used it on a copy of KOTOR for Xbox that had gotten damn near destroyed and the game works perfectly..Also used it on a System of a Down CD that had gotten root beer poured and dried onto it..Also made things great. Think it was $10 at EB for Merlin's..I recommend it.
Posted Image

#833 janlazer

janlazer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

What's a cheap way to snag 3 games for the EB trade 3 promo? Any games, any place...Gonna do a run around and see what I can dig up, but I wanna pre-order Halo Wars. :D
Posted Image

#834 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:45 PM

The Source.

#835 cm matty

cm matty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

What's a cheap way to snag 3 games for the EB trade 3 promo? Any games, any place...Gonna do a run around and see what I can dig up, but I wanna pre-order Halo Wars. :D

i posted in the tiv thread, but i went into bbv yesterday and some used game prices were lowered to 9.99. i picked up dead rising, fight night (360), and harry potter (ps3) for $10 each and they all worked for the trade 3.

#836 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

What's EB's return policy on accessories? I purchased a new mic yesterday but found out (after opening it) that it doesn't work. Do they take it back within 7 days, or will I have to trade it in? Thanks.

#837 janlazer

janlazer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:27 PM

i posted in the tiv thread, but i went into bbv yesterday and some used game prices were lowered to 9.99. i picked up dead rising, fight night (360), and harry potter (ps3) for $10 each and they all worked for the trade 3.

THankee! Gonna give that a shot in a bit on my next run.
Posted Image

#838 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

What's EB's return policy on accessories? I purchased a new mic yesterday but found out (after opening it) that it doesn't work. Do they take it back within 7 days, or will I have to trade it in? Thanks.

If it's defective, they will exchange it for a working one.

Speaking of Mics, Boogie PS2 bundle is new 5 bucks which is one that comes with a USB mic. :p

#839 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:01 PM

actually you can get a full refund within 7 days...

#840 Bencherstyle

Bencherstyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:33 PM

ah, question, last time i went to EB, they accepted my healthcard/canadian citizenship card (government issued) and later on, they said they only accept Driver's license.

i dont have a driver's license yet ( frankly, seems useless for me) so does it depend on the EB to accept other government issued cards?