Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

• Please log in to reply
2065 replies to this topic

#841 janlazer

janlazer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

Anybody know of the cheapest place to purchase FEAR and FEAR Files? Trying to get the backstory again before I get FEAR 2. :D
Posted Image

#842 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

Hey guys, is there any fundamental difference between the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Street Fighter IV? Which copy would you guys get? I will most likely be getting a fighting stick for it, which has me leaning towards the PS3 version (since my 360 is pretty loud and I'm iffy on it's reliability). Thanks!
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#843 halcyon1234

halcyon1234

I AM the orange button!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:12 PM

Anybody know of the cheapest place to purchase FEAR and FEAR Files? Trying to get the backstory again before I get FEAR 2. :D

For which system?

#844 janlazer

janlazer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:19 PM

For which system?

Sorry, for the 360. I also asked in the deal requests forum, but figured I'd hedge my bets by asking here as well. lol.
Posted Image

#845 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:45 PM

I'm trying to get ahold of the Madcatz Street Fighter 4 fightpad for PS3 in Toronto. They started coming into BestBuy stores in the US yesterday, if anyone sees one anywhere can you let me know? EB was taking pre-orders, but they stopped before I had a chance to put one it. I don't know of any other stores that are carrying them in Canada, hopefully BestBuy does. It doesn't appear on BestBuy.com or .ca, and it is on Amazon.com but not .ca.

Oh great, now I'm hearing that Best Buy isn't going to be carrying the PS3 version of the fightpad. It's not in the system.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 07 February 2009 - 08:10 AM.

#846 turgore2008

turgore2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:21 AM

does anyone know the cheapest place to get brothers in arms :HH for the 360 ?

#847 TripleQ

TripleQ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:21 AM

does anyone know the cheapest place to get brothers in arms :HH for the 360 ?

Not sure if this is the cheapest, but BBV has it used for $29.99

#848 Bamm

Bamm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:51 AM

Does anyone know if EB still allows pre-orders to be shifted around? Resident Evil 5 isn't on the list for this month (employee showed me the list tonight) and I was considering pre-ordering one of the listed titles then shifting (bet nobody saw that coming).

Bueller?

#849 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:31 AM

Does anyone know if EB still allows pre-orders to be shifted around? Resident Evil 5 isn't on the list for this month (employee showed me the list tonight) and I was considering pre-ordering one of the listed titles then shifting (bet nobody saw that coming).

Bueller?

They should allow it. You just need your receipt.

#850 cm matty

cm matty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:42 AM

Bueller?

i preordered a copy on the 4th w/ the trade 3 deal. the manager there even checked the list to make sure. next time you go in to preorder the placeholder game, try to preorder re5 again. maybe you'll have better luck or they'll have an updated list.

#851 Bencherstyle

Bencherstyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:16 AM

^ they have a list?! never knew that.... the months i pre-ordered, i just called out a title and they did it for me right away...huh... this is for T3G1F right?

if it's just pre-ordering, i heard EB stopped taking pre-order for RE5.

#852 Bencherstyle

Bencherstyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:18 AM

while im in the questions thread,

what happends when you can't pick up a pre-order in 48 hours? do they give your credit back or you lose everything? (lol)

just wanted to confirm.

#853 TripleQ

TripleQ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

I think my local wal-mart has Armored Core for Answer mispriced at $18.93 (probably was supposed to be Armored Core 4?) Is this game even worth $20?

#854 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:19 AM

while im in the questions thread,

what happends when you can't pick up a pre-order in 48 hours? do they give your credit back or you lose everything? (lol)

just wanted to confirm.

i can't speak from personal experience. the pre-order bonuses are rarely worth it to me. But my understanding that if you pre-order but don't pick up you 'lose your place'. They may give your game away if they need to but you don't lose your money or anything. It stays there (unless you ask for it back or transferred) and it still counts towards your purchase whenever they get the game back again.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#855 HyperD

HyperD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

All right, I have a question that I hope some of you will be able to answer.
Since the middle of January, I've fully paid off a SF4 PS3 TE stick at EB. However, with the variety of problems it has (SRK tech talk forums) and the fact that I already have an HRAP2SA , I've decided to get a 360 arcade. However, I'm hoping to get one with a jasper motherboard. Does anyone know if any of the current arcade bundles (with pacman and 4 other games) have been found to be jasper or were the first jasper arcades released with sega superstars tennis?

#856 pmp1986

pmp1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:15 PM

Not a exactly a video game related question but I am looking for some of the Crystal Head Vodka and I know it's made in Canada but they don't have it at my local liquor stores so I was just wondering if anyone else had seen it? In short where my skull at?

#857 janlazer

janlazer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:47 PM

Anybody had any luck doing a T3G1F for Godfather 2 at EB?
Posted Image

#858 danthemightyone

danthemightyone

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:38 PM

Not a exactly a video game related question but I am looking for some of the Crystal Head Vodka and I know it's made in Canada but they don't have it at my local liquor stores so I was just wondering if anyone else had seen it? In short where my skull at?

It should be available at liquor stores in Maritimes, but I doubt it is in Ontario LCBO.

#859 pmp1986

pmp1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:45 PM

It should be available at liquor stores in Maritimes, but I doubt it is in Ontario LCBO.

Yeah I figured they would have it out there but I'm not sure what the legal rules on shipping liquor from province to province would be.

#860 halcyon1234

halcyon1234

I AM the orange button!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:35 AM

Yeah I figured they would have it out there but I'm not sure what the legal rules on shipping liquor from province to province would be.

There aren't any afaik.

How much is the crystal skull at your source? I've only seen it for close to $100.

#861 neksus

neksus

tivs.ca ftw!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:54 AM

There aren't any afaik.

Canada Post will not ship flammable materials.

#862 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:15 AM

Very intriguing! I'll have to keep my eyes open for this particular spirit! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#863 rkpoole49

rkpoole49

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:09 AM

nba live 09 or nba 2k9? (for xbox 360)

have 800 ms points on xbox 360..what arcade games should i buy?
(already own sonic 1-2,doom,tmnt,kingdom or keflings,3 on 3 hockey)

#864 pmp1986

pmp1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:17 PM

There aren't any afaik.

How much is the crystal skull at your source? I've only seen it for close to $100.

Shit a $100 that sucks cause its only like $40-$60 in the states we are getting taxed up the ass for liquor that is made in our own country. At my source they don't even have it but they said they could order in a shipment for me but it would have to be a case load which if it turns out to be about $100 a bottle would be very expensive. Guess I will wait to hear back from my local LC but if it's that expensive I would totally rather pay someone to ship me out a bottle or two if anyone is interested.

#865 Winkels

Winkels

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

Shit a $100 that sucks cause its only like $40-$60 in the states we are getting taxed up the ass for liquor that is made in our own country. At my source they don't even have it but they said they could order in a shipment for me but it would have to be a case load which if it turns out to be about $100 a bottle would be very expensive. Guess I will wait to hear back from my local LC but if it's that expensive I would totally rather pay someone to ship me out a bottle or two if anyone is interested.

Shipping might be a problem. I tried to get my friend in NFLD to ship me a bottle, but Canada Post, UPS, etc. wouldn't do it because alcohol is "potentially" combustible.

Methinks if the delivery truck catches fire they've got bigger problems than a bottle of 40% vodka.

#866 DMPugh

DMPugh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:32 PM

Anyone know where I can find a Hori stick (HRAP or FS3) in Toronto? Or where I can order one in Canada online without breaking the bank?

#867 neksus

neksus

tivs.ca ftw!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

Pretty sure I already said that :razz:

Just use Fed-ex lol

#868 Median

Median

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:57 PM

Does anyone know where I can find Excite Truck without having to pay $55 at EB for it?
EDIT: NM, found a decent one on eBay.

Edited by Median, 05 March 2009 - 06:08 PM.

#869 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I figured I'd try anyway. I'm planning on importing a game from play-asia (the Rockman Dash Value Pack, after shipping it should end up being over $50 Canadian), but I've never imported anything before, so I'm not sure on how this works. Would I have to pay import taxes or anything like that?

Or is there a cheaper place to import games to Canada other than play-asia?

#870 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:25 AM

I usually use P-A to import my games since they usually have sales, tho I don't know if they're the cheapest.

And in terms of customs, it's a coin flip if they'll charge you or not tho I find if your order is under a certain amount (20-25), it's less likely you'll get charged.