Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

• Please log in to reply
2065 replies to this topic

#901 musdy

musdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:19 AM

Has anyone used Eb's gaming guarantee??? If so do they just give u a new sealed copy or just the discs in the envelope??

#902 neksus

neksus

tivs.ca ftw!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:23 AM

Earth Defense force is the same way. I've been keeping the lookout on that game for a loooong time, and have never even found it anywhere at any price. It's like 35 or 40 bucks with shipping on ebay which is brutal. More hesitant to trade some games in lately as I don't know if I'll ever be able to find them in a local store again.

I'll sell you mine for $10 once I effing beat it...
GD achievement OCD...
Only...I dunno, 80 more levels to beat!

#903 Bencherstyle

Bencherstyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:23 AM

Has anyone used Eb's gaming guarantee??? If so do they just give u a new sealed copy or just the discs in the envelope??

lawl, imagine if they did. naw they give new sealed copys. just like haze.

#904 musdy

musdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:46 AM

I'm getting a conflicting reports as I heard someone say they open a new copy.

Edited by musdy, 12 March 2009 - 09:25 PM.

#905 Dragon52

Dragon52

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

Why does the Loonie such so much? Searching up prices on PlayAsia for some games I want to import make me sad...

#906 Bencherstyle

Bencherstyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:04 AM

lawl, just wanted to share this with CAGS, cuz im amazed by EB's employees.

just got a call from them right now, to pick up RE5 that i pre-ordered.

just one thing, i canceled it long time ago :0

how does EB's Pre-order list work anyways? if a employee forgets to cross off your list, do you still get a call? ( if you cancel it)

igot my deposit back when i canceled btw.... i told him i canceled it and he told me to pick up my deposit.... im confuzed.

#907 cm matty

cm matty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:35 AM

I'm getting a conflicting reports as I heard someone say they open a new copy.

nope. you buy the game as normal. the only difference is that if you pre-order it you can take it back for full credit. i've done it before (smackdown vs raw 2009). the only difference in the whole process is that their computers records show you preordered it.

#908 Spades22

Spades22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:42 AM

lawl, just wanted to share this with CAGS, cuz im amazed by EB's employees.

just got a call from them right now, to pick up RE5 that i pre-ordered.

just one thing, i canceled it long time ago :0

how does EB's Pre-order list work anyways? if a employee forgets to cross off your list, do you still get a call? ( if you cancel it)

igot my deposit back when i canceled btw.... i told him i canceled it and he told me to pick up my deposit.... im confuzed.

Do as he says and double your money or pick up the game. You don't want to go against EB's orders!

Posted Image

http://www.gaminglagoon.com/?ref=49176 <--Gaming Lagoon - Xbox live points, Wii points, Amazon gift cards, etc. :D

http://www.prizerebe...index.php?r=113 <-- PrizeRebel

Points2Shop <-- Points2Shop

#909 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:50 AM

what EB is this?
going to get all my games there...

#910 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:30 AM

I also got a call from my favourite EB games (should-be) manager informing me I can pick up my copy of RE5 in the morning; I was surprised since I usually never get calls that something will be in the next day.

And if you can get your deposit back (again), i don't think you have much to complain about. :p

#911 AndyTwobeats

AndyTwobeats

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:55 PM

Sorry for the n00b question, but for anyone that has Resident Evil 5 for the 360, am I correct in assuming you'd need a Gold Xbox Live account in order to play 2 player online co-op? Silver members would only be able to play single player with the computer AI?

I already have RE5 preordered from Amazon for PS3, but it's not shipping till Mar 25 [wtf], so I was debating whether or not to pick up the RE5 360 bundle instead, since I'm planning to get a 360 eventually lol.

#912 neksus

neksus

tivs.ca ftw!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:04 PM

Yes, Gold is required for any type of online play.

#913 TripleQ

TripleQ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

FWIW RE5 comes with a 48 hour gold trial

#914 slam09

slam09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:44 PM

Anyone know the cheapest place to get RE5? Seems like everyone has it at 69.99

#915 AndyTwobeats

AndyTwobeats

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:57 PM

Yes, Gold is required for any type of online play.

FWIW RE5 comes with a 48 hour gold trial

Thanks for the help guys :D

Anyone know the cheapest place to get RE5? Seems like everyone has it at 69.99

I think the cheapest now is Zellers, $59.99 [only the 360 version is advertised in their flyer, but I assume the PS3 version would be the same price].

Amazon.ca was $53.99 until a few days ago, but now they raised it.

#916 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

RCSS also has it for 59!
PLEASE EMAIL ME: gamer602 at gmail.com
DO NOT POST ON RFD!:bomb:
WAY too many HOARDERS THERE!

#917 neksus

neksus

tivs.ca ftw!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

Microplay for $39.99 :D

#918 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

Nah I have nothing agaisnt Pokemon (except its' anime is pretty crusty). Heck I'm anticipating the release of Platnium...

I meant more so then raising virtual cats and dogs in my youth I was too busy training my electric rodents.

fair enough. the anime is pretty much trash except for Ep 08 "The Path to the Pokémon League" the greatest episode of all time in which Ash loses badly to a real trainer and the twist at the end is that he doesn't squirrel a victory at the end for whatever random reason he's been using all season. I was already a fan of Sandshrew but I could watch him smash Pikachu over and over and over again. I'm tempted to download the episode just for that purpose.

oh.. and since we've moved on from that to RE5... RE4 was better. blah blah blah. ^_^

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#919 tymcg

tymcg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:14 PM

Hey guys has anyone seen any deals lately on ds3 controllers? I'm tired of no vibration on games that I feel should have it (They know who they are).

#920 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

Hey guys has anyone seen any deals lately on ds3 controllers? I'm tired of no vibration on games that I feel should have it (They know who they are).

I have a few...PM me
PLEASE EMAIL ME: gamer602 at gmail.com
DO NOT POST ON RFD!:bomb:
WAY too many HOARDERS THERE!

#921 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:18 AM

Hey guys, how does cancelling a pre-order at EB Games work? I put down $5 for Suikoden Tierkreis, just in case they actually get the CD/digital artbook and no one else does. However, I never asked the full price....today I asked and before tax the guy said it was $45.99!!

Is it possible for me to cancel after the game comes out (to see who gets the bonus or not)? And I know I'll get refunded in credit, but I've heard people say something about it getting put on an edge card? Is that bad?

#922 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:15 AM

At worst, you can just transfer the credit to another preorder or to something you're buying.

Depending on the cashier and their mood, they'll probably just refund you the preorder.

#923 Bencherstyle

Bencherstyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:25 AM

getting the 5 bux put on a edge card is better if you ask me...no tax! whooot!

or else the gift card, or as the above gentleman said, transfer it to something else.

#924 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:42 AM

Ok, thanks guys. Hopefully they will just add the $5 to a gift card I already have, since there are no other games I want right now (except Pokemon Platinum, but I paid that off already).

#925 zeze

zeze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:08 AM

How much does Pokemon Platinum cost at EB Games? I pre-ordered it but forgot to ask. Also when does it come out. March 22 or 23?

#926 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:38 AM

Pokemon Platinum is $39.99 at EB Games. As for when it comes out....I'm not sure. I know when Diamond and Pearl came out (April 22nd of 2007), it was on a Sunday. Platinum might be out this Sunday as well.

#927 greywolf501

greywolf501

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:45 AM

I'm pretty sure it's Sunday, the 22nd, all Nintendo first party games are released on Sundays.

#928 Bencherstyle

Bencherstyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:46 AM

question for more .... knowledgeable ppl...

i finished SF4, (unlocked all characters cept seth, Fuck seth)

mastered all quarter circle x2 super/ultra attacks so im basically done with the game.

i know that TIV is 40 bux, i want to sell it,

anybody think/know if EB is going to have a Trade 1 get it for 9.99 deal on any new titles?

#929 neksus

neksus

tivs.ca ftw!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:15 AM

Knowledge doesn't hold a grain of salt against being able to predict the future :razz:

#930 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:20 AM

Just sell it for $50/55.