Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:45 PM

Excellent. Viva la revolution!
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... -Einstein

#1562 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:15 PM

I didn't know my Member of Parliament gave a crap. Apparently he moved fast like a swift hammer of justice and righted this wrong.

#1563 kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:49 PM

My sons been asking me to find it on sale somewhere everyday for the last few weeks. 10 minutes ago he just finished telling me $40 is too much for a DS game and he won't buy it till it's cheeper. Every store we go into he checks the price.

cheap ass son, nice 8-)

#1564 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:48 PM

Just a question that I didn't know where else to post, but...how do I change my avatar? =/

#1565 1_blue_pixel

1_blue_pixel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:21 PM

Just a question that I didn't know where else to post, but...how do I change my avatar? =/

Near the top of the page where it says "Retailers" there's a little cog symbol. Click that and a drop down menu should appear giving you the avatar option.

#1566 Clark.Griswold

Clark.Griswold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:09 AM

I had trouble finding it the first time as well.

#1567 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:51 AM

I had trouble finding it the first time as well.

That's what she said.

#1568 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:47 AM

Does anyone know how cheap DS Lites ever get, and how often they're on sale? My launch one is acting up and I want to retain the GBA slot so I'm not interested in a DSi. Thanks.

#1569 Clark.Griswold

Clark.Griswold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:08 AM

Well played. I love the Office. I annoy the hell out of my coworkers with That's what she said lines all the time.

Does anyone know how cheap DS Lites ever get, and how often they're on sale? My launch one is acting up and I want to retain the GBA slot so I'm not interested in a DSi. Thanks.

Well if you get lucky, the best (new) deal I've seen is on sale for $99.99 at RCSS combined with a no tax event. Although those are like rednecks and fine wine. Rarely seen together.

#1570 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

Heheh nice one. My DS top screen turns white if I tilt it up at a 90 degree angle and it doesn't always recognize that there's a game in it. I wonder if I could just dismantle it and check the screen connector and clean the contacts or something.

#1571 Clark.Griswold

Clark.Griswold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:08 PM

Heheh nice one. My DS top screen turns white if I tilt it up at a 90 degree angle and it doesn't always recognize that there's a game in it. I wonder if I could just dismantle it and check the screen connector and clean the contacts or something.

You could probably just replace the screen. Order one check from Deal Extreme / eBay and install it yourself. Or if you check kijiji there are usually local guys that do console repairs.

That or just wait for a few months until the 3DS comes out.

#1572 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:19 PM

A long shot, but the Walmart anniversary sale should be coming up in September. They may have cheap DSLites, I think they did last year.

Posted Image

#1573 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

Don't really want a 3DS cause you lose the GBA support, maybe after it's been out for a year I'd consider it based on the game library. The fact is mine still works totally fine and the problems it has don't really affect me, I'm just looking for ways to rationalize getting a brand new blue one! I think I'd really consider getting one for $100 but I don't know. Saw some on kijiji for $80-110ish but I wouldn't buy a used console. Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Oh yeah, anyone know what EB pays for a used DS Lite? And also, are dead pixels very common with them? My launch one had none but I read that some did. I'd want to buy a new one from a store with a good return policy.

#1574 Dashboard

Dashboard

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:00 PM

Anyone know if there is still new copies of Dirt 2 at FS/BS. I check the store availability online and nothing comes out for PS3.. only PC,Xbox360 and PSP... Amazon.ca is out of stock and don't know if it will be available again. Is the game discontinued for PS3? :cry:

#1575 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:41 PM

haven't had any dead pixels ever. not on my original DS which i haven't checked in years.. but it still works nor my first black DSL which I lost on a train (good by MPrime Hunters Demo) nor my second black DSL which I still rock.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1576 cashinstinct

cashinstinct

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:46 AM

Don't really want a 3DS cause you lose the GBA support, maybe after it's been out for a year I'd consider it based on the game library. The fact is mine still works totally fine and the problems it has don't really affect me, I'm just looking for ways to rationalize getting a brand new blue one! I think I'd really consider getting one for $100 but I don't know. Saw some on kijiji for $80-110ish but I wouldn't buy a used console. Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Oh yeah, anyone know what EB pays for a used DS Lite? And also, are dead pixels very common with them? My launch one had none but I read that some did. I'd want to buy a new one from a store with a good return policy.

Recently, they offered $40 + $50 bonus credit during July (it was $30 + $50 bonus) for DS Lite when they traded DS Lite for a new console.

You would only get $30 now I assume considering there is no promo.

They probably have thousands of DS Lite and do not know what they are doing.

#1577 kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:41 PM

Anyone know if there is still new copies of Dirt 2 at FS/BS. I check the store availability online and nothing comes out for PS3.. only PC,Xbox360 and PSP... Amazon.ca is out of stock and don't know if it will be available again. Is the game discontinued for PS3? :cry:

some local stores probably still have it, i remember seeing nascar08 & skate1 over half a year ago, where they were gone from the website

check some other stores or just goozex/rogers/blockbuster it

#1578 spzero

spzero

It's NEVER Lupus...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:09 PM

Does Best Buy trade-in credit ever expire?

I have $200 sitting around from about a month and half ago and I don't want to forfeit it.
Posted Image

#1579 Clark.Griswold

Clark.Griswold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:19 PM

Does Best Buy trade-in credit ever expire?

I have $200 sitting around from about a month and half ago and I don't want to forfeit it.

No, never expires. It's actually a law now that gift cards can't expire.

#1580 notwen

notwen

born to be down

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:36 PM

May/may not be the adequate place to post this, if not I'll gladly hassle amod to move or edit this post.

I have a friend up in Canada who would like to take advantage of the lower ms points prices down here in the states. I know points codes are region locked and won't work w/ his account. What I would like to know if it's common practice for others in similar situations to create a silver US account on the same Xbox to use US ms point codes to download the content to use w/ their Canadian gamertag? Outside of having to move the licenses for the DLC to a new Xbox in the event of a RROD are there any other cons to worry about?

Anyone able to shed some insight and/or thoughts? Thanks =]

Edited by notwen, 12 August 2010 - 05:44 PM.

. cml . my collection .
buying . : nada, i'm broke =]

Honestly, this game deserves to be bought even if you don't plan on playing it.

#1581 spzero

spzero

It's NEVER Lupus...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:45 PM

Awesome. This isn't the first time you've assisted me Mr. Griswold
Posted Image

#1582 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:43 PM

I think it's a province-by-province basis.

#1583 Clark.Griswold

Clark.Griswold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:42 PM

I think it's a province-by-province basis.

I thought it was Canada wide, my bad. Do you know what provinces they still CAN expire in?

#1584 spzero

spzero

It's NEVER Lupus...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

Another question -

So in terms of those trade 2 + $ deals for EB games or any deal of that variety where it specifically asks for case + manual, can the Forza 3 CE work for that?

I called an EB games a few days ago and they said that for the CE, they only accept the game disk and they don't care for the extra goodies. However, if anyone has seen the case for the Forza 3 CE, it's just a regular black case with a different cover that has no serial code or anything of the sort. Do you think that works as well?
Posted Image

#1585 TripleQ

TripleQ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

Another question -

So in terms of those trade 2 + $ deals for EB games or any deal of that variety where it specifically asks for case + manual, can the Forza 3 CE work for that?

I called an EB games a few days ago and they said that for the CE, they only accept the game disk and they don't care for the extra goodies. However, if anyone has seen the case for the Forza 3 CE, it's just a regular black case with a different cover that has no serial code or anything of the sort. Do you think that works as well?

Probably depends on the rep.. might have to go to a couple of stores before you find someone who will take it for a promo.

#1586 Jbently

Jbently

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:37 PM

Another question -

As long as the game has a cover and manual you should have no problems with it being accepted for promos.

#1587 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:30 PM

Anyone seen a DS Action Replay for cheap? It's apparently standard $20 in the US and over $30 here. Going to check out Game Centre in a few minutes.

#1588 Clark.Griswold

Clark.Griswold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:38 PM

Anyone seen a DS Action Replay for cheap? It's apparently standard $20 in the US and over $30 here. Going to check out Game Centre in a few minutes.

If you can find one, EB has 30% off today and next Monday as well with coupon.

#1589 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

If you can find one, EB has 30% off today and next Monday as well with coupon.

I just read that EB thread, but how would I get that coupon? Hmm nevermind, the one store near me that shows it in stock on the website didn't have it when I called. Game Centre doesn't have it either, maybe Kijiji... Damn nothing on Kijiji or Craigslist.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 16 August 2010 - 09:58 PM.

#1590 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

Not sure if I can ask this here, but...does anyone have any experience buying from the website AmiAmi? There’s this figure that I want, and it’s cheapest here ($65ish), but they don’t give shipping charges right away. I’ve actually already preordered the figure from Play-asia, because I wanted to know the total ($84, but $104 after shipping), but if AmiAmi is the better choice, I’ll gladly switch.

Anyone here bought from them before, or have any experiences they’d like to share? I’m completely new to the figure-collecting scene.

For the curious, the figure I want is the amazing Yuri Lowell.
Posted Image