Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

• Please log in to reply
2065 replies to this topic

#1621 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:54 PM

Is it possible it's the item I ordered from Blizzard? When I placed my order at Blizzard, it said it was being delivered w/ UPS Worldwide Expedited, is it possible it switched hands over to FedEx while crossing the border?
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#1622 kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:39 PM

they dont state for what package? weirdos...

#1623 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:48 AM

Ended up being the 'Echoes of War Limited Edition' CD set I ordered from Blizzard, it arrived so quickly I didn't think that's what the package was!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1624 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

What is the best deal for Fallout NV at this point? I wanted the Best Buy 800 points but they won't let me order it, no stock. Seems like Futureshop with free Mad Max is the next best option but I don't really care about Mad Max. After that Amazon has it for $60 with some pre-order items (don't care too much about these) and then everyone else has it for $65-70 with no bonuses. Am I missing anything? I looked at Best Buy's trade 2 list but I either don't have the required games or don't want to give them up.

Well I went to Best Buy and pre-ordered there, one employee said if it shows 800 pts on the website then I'll get them. The other employee told me they have never done pre-orders online. I said WHAT?

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 17 October 2010 - 10:27 PM.

#1625 CrushEm

CrushEm

Stay Classy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

Has anyone bought a used console from Gamestop at all? They have a "Wii System (Gamestop Refurbished) - Used " for $170. Seems like a good deal.

http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=253387

#1626 killmak

killmak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:00 PM

Has anyone bought a used console from Gamestop at all? They have a "Wii System (Gamestop Refurbished) - Used " for $170. Seems like a good deal.

http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=253387

Or you can buy it new from Walmart for $179. http://forums.redfla...prefixid=Games9
Posted Image

#1627 CrushEm

CrushEm

Stay Classy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:52 PM

Or you can buy it new from Walmart for $179. http://forums.redfla...prefixid=Games9

Wow, going to try and PM at my local FS as well. Thanks for the heads up! 8-) Been wanting to pickup a Wii for quite sometime now.

#1628 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:43 PM

Watch out, last time I tried to price match at Futureshop they gathered a group of literally 5 employees to pore over the ad and tell me all the reasons why they don't have to and won't match it.

76561197996799113.png

#1629 craig64

craig64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:20 AM

Has anyone been to Gamestop lately and noticed the new or used price of MAG? I wouldn't mind picking it up, but their website shows it still as 59.99... where as everywhere else it is 29.99. It seems odd, considering it is a greatest hits. I just wanted to see if anyone had seen it for 29.99 in stores or not.

#1630 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:37 AM

Speaking of Gamestop and funny pricing, a few weeks ago I was looking at Resident Evil 5 and on their website a new copy was $30 and a used copy was $35.

#1631 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:54 AM

They do that from time to time, not quite sure why though.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#1632 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:13 AM

Also speaking of crazy pricing, Best Buy have had these PSP download vouchers for games like LBP and God of War at $40 forever while the UMD and PSN store versions have dropped to $20. Get a clue, jeez. It's been that way for months.

#1633 Skardee

Skardee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:02 PM

Hey, anyone know if any places, particularly in Montreal, are doing a midnight release for New Vegas?

#1634 kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

only way to find out is to scan them, not trust printed prices

#1635 TripleQ

TripleQ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:34 PM

Has anyone been to Gamestop lately and noticed the new or used price of MAG? I wouldn't mind picking it up, but their website shows it still as 59.99... where as everywhere else it is 29.99. It seems odd, considering it is a greatest hits. I just wanted to see if anyone had seen it for 29.99 in stores or not.

I've seen it as 29.99 new in store

#1636 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:18 PM

sorry for the lame question but I forget if I've asked before.

I have a US account. Since there's no way to change it to Canada I've pretty much had to buy it using my US credit cards. My question is if I buy some PSN cards will they work or are they region locked like say UK cards would be.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1637 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:44 PM

Region locked. Tried using a US and EU PSN card on my Canadian PSN, and it wouldn't work. US PSN cards have to be used on US accounts.

#1638 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:59 PM

blast.. the internet should make it easier to move. i mean seriously what a pain in the neck. and now that paypal doesn't let me generate virtual CCs anymore I'm kinda stuck on what to do.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1639 Norieaga

Norieaga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:24 PM

A few questions! Best deals on the following (Toronto area):

PSP 3000
Dante's Inferno (PS3)
Alan Wake (360)
God of War Collection (PS3)
Army of Two: 40th Day (360)
Alpha Protocol (PS3)
Dead to Rights (PS3)
Forza 3 (360)
Nier (PS3)

Thank you!

#1640 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:48 PM

Region locked. Tried using a US and EU PSN card on my Canadian PSN, and it wouldn't work. US PSN cards have to be used on US accounts.

I can confirm, US card wouldn't redeem on my Canadian account. Most if not all other codes are cross-compatible between Canada/US but not money codes.

76561197996799113.png

#1641 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:55 PM

PSP 3000
Dante's Inferno (PS3)
Alan Wake (360)
Alpha Protocol (PS3)
Dead to Rights (PS3)
Forza 3 (360)
Nier (PS3)

Thank you!

Did you try searching the usual suspects? Check out the websites for VideoGamesPlus, Future Shop, Best Buy, Amazon, GameStop...check out the flyer thread to see if there are any sales.
Dante's Inferno is $9.99 at the Sony Store right now, YMMV though.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1642 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:32 AM

PSP 3000
Dante's Inferno (PS3)
Alan Wake (360)
Alpha Protocol (PS3)
Dead to Rights (PS3)
Forza 3 (360)
Nier (PS3)

Thank you!

you're looking for the deal request section try here
http://www.cheapassg...isplay.php?f=78

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1643 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:30 PM

I'm thinking about getting a Guitar Hero 5 guitar. Anyone have any tips/suggestions other than Best Buy's $50 price tag?

#1644 cm matty

cm matty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:43 PM

I'm thinking about getting a Guitar Hero 5 guitar. Anyone have any tips/suggestions other than Best Buy's $50 price tag?

depending on where you are, check craigslist...i was not sure about it, but i just got a mint GH5 guitar and brand new rock band 2 drums for $75.

Also, check out your local blockbusters...I found a GH: Aerosmith guitar + game bundle for $30. It's not the GH5 guitar, but it's a cheap alternative.

#1645 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:41 PM

I'd be extremely hesitant to buy a used guitar/music accessory since they have a tendency to break through usage. I wouldn't know how many hours of use were on something, risky. I'll check though, see what I come up with. It would have to be pretty cheap for me to buy used vs $50 new.

#1646 CrushEm

CrushEm

Stay Classy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:43 AM

Just wondering if anyone has seen if NBA Jam (for the 360) will be sold in Canada? So far I can only find it listed on American sites so just checking to see about Canadian availability.

#1647 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:36 AM

Every game sold in the US is also Canada. The Canadian sites usually list games later than most of the US ones. Amazon.com will list stuff that doesn't appear on .ca til months later.

#1648 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

Also, check out your local blockbusters...I found a GH: Aerosmith guitar + game bundle for $30. It's not the GH5 guitar, but it's a cheap alternative.

sold. Since I decided to switch to PS3 for my music games I need a guitar and I don't have Aerosmith for the PS3 either. off to blockbuster I go.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1649 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:45 PM

I ended up getting the GH5 guitar from Best Buy at $50. Pleased with it, I think it has a better strum bar than the Rock Band 2 guitar and the fret buttons are different but I don't really prefer one style to the other.

#1650 wplayer

wplayer

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

Hello all,

Is there a minimum trade in value a game has to be at before it can be used for a power trade?

Thank you in advance!