• Please log in to reply
2065 replies to this topic

#1891 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

I got mine today too.
My postmaster even joked this can't be your package it's not banged up enough. I've had problems lately with banged up packages lately...
Posted Image

#1892 afterburn999

afterburn999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:46 AM

Anyone know what Rogers return policy is on used games ? I bought LA Noire a few weeks ago but i don't really want it anymore.

#1893 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:43 PM

Their policy sucks. They sold me a defective used game and they didn't have a second copy for exchange but they refused to give me a refund. They insisted on me exchanging it for another game. I tried to reason with the guy in charge and they FINALLY agreed to give me a gift card with credit for the purchase. No refund, still got $21 credit there. I was not pleased. They told me it's their policy to not give refunds on used items.

#1894 king_bronx

king_bronx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:54 AM

If anyone knows where I can buy this in Canada (even better if you can tell me for Ottawa) I would be really appreciative.

http://www.coolest-g...rio-3ds-holder/

Edited by king_bronx, 17 December 2011 - 02:24 AM.

#1895 CrushEm

CrushEm

Stay Classy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:35 AM

At the moment FS has a 320G PS3 bundle for $250 with God of War III, Uncharted 3 & Metal Gear Solid 4.
http://www.futuresho...26b88bc85d1en02
I was going to wait until boxing day to pick up a PS3 but I'm just wondering if this sale will be as good as they get before Boxing day or should I wait? I just have a couple gift cards I've never got around to using that I was thinking about using to purchase a PS3. Thanks for any heads up.

PS. Another question I had to go with this is the PS3 still worth picking up? The console was released in 2006 and I don't really want to pick one up if it's just going to be replaced within the next year.
PPS. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this in.

#1896 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:42 AM

Universal PSN code for free Last of Us dynamic theme: G2LJ-GTNE-NKHM

#1897 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:47 AM

Universal PSN code for free Last of Us dynamic theme: G2LJ-GTNE-NKHM

Sweet, thanks! This game sounds interesting, I hope that it has co-op multiplayer.

Posted Image

#1898 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:56 AM

Doesn't look like a multiplayer kind of game to me, but they did it with Uncharted so who knows.

#1899 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:26 AM

Rewardzone certificates can only be applied to the pre-tax cost of an item, right? I want something that costs $17.99 and got a $20 cert. Pretty sure I can't do it without losing the last $2 of my $20 value. :(

#1900 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:34 AM

If anyone knows where I can buy this in Canada (even better if you can tell me for Ottawa) I would be really appreciative.

http://www.coolest-g...rio-3ds-holder/

If you're still looking for it: Futureshop.
Best Buy has em too.

#1901 Shinn23

Shinn23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

Rewardzone certificates can only be applied to the pre-tax cost of an item, right? I want something that costs $17.99 and got a $20 cert. Pretty sure I can't do it without losing the last $2 of my $20 value. :(

I'm pretty sure it's post-tax. At least that's how it's always how they scan mine in.

#1902 king_bronx

king_bronx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

If you're still looking for it: Futureshop.
Best Buy has em too.

Awesome! Thanks!

I was at BB looking for it this weekend and they didn't have any. When I couldn't pull it up on their site, I assumed neither them or FS was carrying it.

#1903 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:12 AM

Last time I was there it was pre-tax. So for a 17.99 item you'd need to get something else to bump it to $20, at least that is what I was told.

Posted Image

#1904 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:22 AM

Or forfeit the last $2.01. That's how they get ya! Thanks.

#1905 omfgkevin

omfgkevin

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

anyone know if Uncharted 3 is going on sale on boxing day?

#1906 ShoryukenII

ShoryukenII

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

anyone know if Uncharted 3 is going on sale on boxing day?

I believe that Sears has everything 50% off but I've read that they have a horrible selection of games (much like Costco, I'd assume). The person that went there said that they saw only a few games. Uncharted 3 was one of them (in that person's region of course). So it is possible that they might have it. I'd suggest that you check the your store before boxing day.

#1907 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

What happens if you buy something with Best Buy rewardzone certificates and then want to return it for a refund? I think I read somewhere that they give you cash, anyone know?

#1908 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:44 AM

I learned today that you can't use rewardzone certificates on an item valued at less than the certificates. I was trying to buy something for $29.97 pre-tax and they wouldn't allow me to use my $30 coupon. Had to add a plastic bag for 5 cents for it to go through.

#1909 Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:34 AM

Has anyone seen or heard anything from HMV for Boxing day? They usually had good game deals but this year I haven't seen any ads or flyers.

#1910 Leshita

Leshita

Guy Incognito

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:46 AM

I learned today that you can't use rewardzone certificates on an item valued at less than the certificates. I was trying to buy something for $29.97 pre-tax and they wouldn't allow me to use my $30 coupon. Had to add a plastic bag for 5 cents for it to go through.

Crap, you can buy bags? I had to purchase a chocolate bar last time. :/
On your other question, you can actually return any purchase done with rewardzone certificates and get a giftcard in return for the same amount. ;)

#1911 xCobalt

xCobalt

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:48 AM

Do you guys know of any places that may be selling an Xbox 360 headset for around $50?

#1912 Shinn23

Shinn23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:43 AM

Crap, you can buy bags? I had to purchase a chocolate bar last time. :/
On your other question, you can actually return any purchase done with rewardzone certificates and get a giftcard in return for the same amount. ;)

Some stores charge for bags, some don't. The only stores that I shop at that charges for bags are RCSS.

#1913 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:42 PM

Virtually every store in Toronto charges for plastic bags. It's an environmental thing to get people to use reusable bags.

#1914 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:56 AM

Anyone know if I can redeem an EBgames gift card on their website? I would assume so.

#1915 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

Yep, you can use it towards orders.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#1916 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

Virtually every store in Toronto charges for plastic bags. It's an environmental thing to get people to use reusable bags.

Ford's putting an end to that. A lot of stores went back to the old habit of bagging things for me and "Would you like the receipt in the bag?"

#1917 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

Thanks Ford, for putting the gravy back onto the train! yum yum gravy.

#1918 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:08 AM

Anyone know if Sears has a period after Xmas where they don't accept returns, like Best Buy does? I need to return a coat!

#1919 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:32 AM

I thought all the Sears stores were closing down? Or is that just in the US?

Edit: Nm, just 120 stores in the US. None in Canada.

TORONTO, Dec 28 (Reuters) - Sears Canada's stock dropped on Wednesday after parent company Sears Holdings Corp said it would close as many as 120 Kmart and Sears stores in the United States.
A spokesman for Sears Canada said the company would not close any outlets in Canada. Shares were down 7.1 percent at C$10.74 in early trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#1920 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:41 AM

Well Sears pulled kind of a scumbag move to get out of issuing non-expiring gift cards. I returned a Xmas gift which I had the receipt for but didn't have the credit card it was purchased with. Instead of giving me a gift card for the value of the gift they gave me a special card with store credit on it that expires in one year. They gave it a different name than a gift card so they could put the expiration on it, that's pretty shady. If the item was paid for and returned you shouldn't be given expiring credit.