Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

• Please log in to reply
2065 replies to this topic

#1921 refinedsugar

refinedsugar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

I think it's pretty much standard retail policy everywhere to refund in the manner in which something was paid for, but being a gift, yeah, giving a dated "gift card" isn't right. It's too bad this wasn't weeks ago. Sears is like the last place to go for games typically, but between the 50% off accessories and the 50% off games on boxing day they had, you could have easily spent the balance. :)

#1922 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:28 AM

I wanted to know something, I pre-ordered a game off of Futureshops site with gift cards. How does it work once the game comes out? Do I have to go to their store to pick it up, or do I wait for the guy to deliver it, and use my cards then?

#1923 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

I wanted to know something, I pre-ordered a game off of Futureshops site with gift cards. How does it work once the game comes out? Do I have to go to their store to pick it up, or do I wait for the guy to deliver it, and use my cards then?

When they ship the game they remove the value from your gift cards, just like if you paid with credit card they would take the money off that. Same thing.

#1924 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:37 AM

I think it's pretty much standard retail policy everywhere to refund in the manner in which something was paid for, but being a gift, yeah, giving a dated "gift card" isn't right. It's too bad this wasn't weeks ago. Sears is like the last place to go for games typically, but between the 50% off accessories and the 50% off games on boxing day they had, you could have easily spent the balance. :)

I looked at the card, it says "store merchandise credit." I feel like they're just using a loophole to get around the law (I think it was a law they passed?) that gift cards can't expire. At least it wasn't 3 months like Rewardzone credit.

#1925 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

Does anyone know if EB takes the Signature Edition of AC:Revelations? I tried trading it in to Futureshop, but they wouldn't take it because it didn't appear on their computer.

#1926 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

Does anyone know if EB takes the Signature Edition of AC:Revelations? I tried trading it in to Futureshop, but they wouldn't take it because it didn't appear on their computer.

They should, it's their exclusive SKU. In any case, I'm fairly certain that EB won't refuse alternate versions based on differing UPC's (or lack thereof); they don't require the exact code to exist in their system like other places sometimes do.
Posted Image

#1927 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:02 AM

Would Best Buy take it as a trade in? I don't really want to trade it in to EB, seeing how they're only giving 15$.

#1928 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:22 AM

Would Best Buy take it as a trade in? I don't really want to trade it in to EB, seeing how they're only giving 15$.

I think they work basically the same as FS, so I doubt it. If you have another EB qualifier, you can get a bump-up to $50 for any $49.99+ game or pre-order, I guess...
Posted Image

#1929 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:31 AM

You'd get more money selling it on kijiji/craigslist. I only sell my games there, not worth getting ripped off at the stores unless they have a special deal.

#1930 Wikkidkarma

Wikkidkarma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

You'd get more money selling it on kijiji/craigslist. I only sell my games there, not worth getting ripped off at the stores unless they have a special deal.

Amen.

#1931 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:46 AM

Kijiji kinda sucks for Quebec. I guess I'll just find another qualifier for the 2 for 50$ deal they have going on.

#1932 PapaLau

PapaLau

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

Anybody know if you can use Best Buy Rewardzone Certs towards a preorder?

#1933 afterburn999

afterburn999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

Anybody know if you can use Best Buy Rewardzone Certs towards a preorder?

You can't. You can use them when you pick up the preorder but not before.

#1934 afterburn999

afterburn999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

Have the announced when Zellers will officially become Target ? I have a couple Zellers gift cards i need to use.

#1935 PapaLau

PapaLau

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

You can't. You can use them when you pick up the preorder but not before.

Thanks! I have 30$ expiring in feb and not sure what I'll spend them on by then, had a glimer of hope I could throw them down on ME3. Guess I could always get points cards.

#1936 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

I used to get PSN cards when I had no other ideas but now I don't spend much money on PSN so I try to get family members to use em up and pay me the value.

#1937 afterburn999

afterburn999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

Thanks! I have 30$ expiring in feb and not sure what I'll spend them on by then, had a glimer of hope I could throw them down on ME3. Guess I could always get points cards.

You can give it a shot but last time i tried they only wanted to charge 10 bucks for the preorder and the rest when you pick up.

#1938 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:34 AM

Anyone know the best place to get a cheap deal on eneloop batteries? They're supposed to be the best right? I read they work with any regular old NiMH chargers, is that correct? I'm buying this cheap rc helicopter and someone decided it'd be a good idea to require 6 AAs for the remote control, on a plane that lasts 5-8 minutes per charge of it's internal battery.

Kinda answered my own question, Canada Computers has a 4pack of "second generation" AA for $15.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 07 January 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#1939 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

Anyone know the best place to get a cheap deal on eneloop batteries? They're supposed to be the best right? I read they work with any regular old NiMH chargers, is that correct? I'm buying this cheap rc helicopter and someone decided it'd be a good idea to require 6 AAs for the remote control, on a plane that lasts 5-8 minutes per charge of it's internal battery.

Kinda answered my own question, Canada Computers has a 4pack of "second generation" AA for $15.

IF you are willing to wait it out, Shoppers Drug Mart sells "Duraloops" for $6.99-$7.99 quite regularly. This is for a 4-pack, just make sure they have the white tops. If you don't know what "Duraloops" are, they're just the Duracell branded Eneloops.
Alternately, Costco sells Duraloops for $25. They are basically a 6 pack AA + 6 pack AAA, that may suit your RCs needs better (if you have a Costco membership).

Posted Image

#1940 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

Have the announced when Zellers will officially become Target ? I have a couple Zellers gift cards i need to use.

Zellers isn't becoming Target, just some of the Zellers stores have been sold to Target to come in. Zellers will still exist as its own company, just in less retail spaces than before.

Posted Image

#1941 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

Don't have a membership, do you pay an annual fee or what? Thanks for the info, will wait and keep my eye out for a deal at Shoppers. I have some ancient NiMH batteries that should hopefully last a bit longer.

#1942 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

What about Dell?

http://accessories.d...k=baynoteSearch
Posted Image

#1943 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

That looks like a decent deal, thanks.

#1944 retro.elite

retro.elite

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

Does EB/GS give only store credit on cancelled pre-orders?

Posted Image

#1945 djsaiyan

djsaiyan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:28 PM

Does EB/GS give only store credit on cancelled pre-orders?

No. They will return your money if you paid cash and ask for it back.

If you used trade-in credit however, then yes they will only give you store credit on a gift card.

#1946 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:04 AM

Dooooh! Shoppers had Duraloops for $7.99 Sunday and Monday! 9.99 rest of the week, still a good deal probably. I don't know if they're 2nd generation eneloops though.

#1947 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:54 AM

So I want to preorder Kid Icarus: Uprising from Best Buy (so I can save $5 xD), but my credit card expires in November of this year. The game comes out in March, but they have it listed as one of those 12/31/2012 releases, and won't let me complete the preorder since my card will expire before the "release date" on their site. Anyone know what I can do in this situation?

Edited by TronB, 14 January 2012 - 08:08 AM.

Posted Image

#1948 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:38 AM

I have never done this but I thought I read about someone putting in a fake year for their CC and then updating it when they get the new credit card. Doesn't seem like it'd work but someone said they did it somewhere.

#1949 retro.elite

retro.elite

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:17 AM

It works. But it might raise a flag, when the card is charged. Put the preorder on a gift card that should work as long it has enough credit.

#1950 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hmm guess I'll look into that gift card idea. I wouldn't want to raise flags by changing the expiry date on my card, all over $5. xD
Posted Image