Gamerush deals thread (50% off Select Nintendo Titles / B2G1 PO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMMR

Banned
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR Blockbuster/GAMERUSH and Traditional Blockbusters (pm/post with any suggestions)

This First Post has all the basic information you could ever want. Please consult here before just asking a question. Or don't, it's entirely up to you :)

Please keep all discussion regarding "flipping" in the following thread.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=994838#post994838

Current Trade-In Deals

None at this time :(

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

50% off Select Nintendo Titles (New only). May 31 - End of June?

Gamecube
StarFox Assault
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (without Bongos)
Paper Mario
Pikmin 2
Mario Power Tennis
Legend of Zelda Four Swords
Custom Robo
Pokemon Colosseum
Mario Party 5
Eternal Darkness

GBA
F-Zero GP Legend
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green
Zelda II, Metroid and Castlevania (Classic NES Series)
Donkey Kong Country 2
Mario Pinball Land
Final Fantasy I & II
Mario Golf

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 Preowned PS1 Games for $15!

Was 5 PS1 Games for $20 or 10 for $35... see a trend?

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. May 17 - June 20th

Due to rampant abuse, this deal will be ended early. It was scheduled to last until September.

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Due to rampant abuse, this deal will be ended early. It was scheduled to last until September.

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of

The most recent flyer is dated June 14, 2005. Thanks to Zon27 for typing it up.

Front top: advertises Buy 2 get the 3rd Free on all Pre-owned games.
Front bottom: advertises Pre-owned PS1 games 5 for $15

Trade prices:
$35:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas XB

$30:
Doom 3
Forza Motorsports
God of War
Gran Turismo 4
Jade Empire
NBA Street 3 (all sys)
Star Wars Episode III (ps2, xb)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (all sys)
Unreal Championship 2

$28:
Advent Rising
MVP Baseball (psp)
NBA Street Showdown (psp)

$26:
Area 51 (ps2, xb)
Pariah

$25:
Mario Party 6

$22:
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (psp)

$20:
Batman Begins (ps2, xb)
Madgascar (ps2, xb, gc)
Medal of Honor European Assault (all sys)
Need for Speed Underground (ds)
Star Wars Episode III (ds)

$18:
Pokemon Emerald
WarioWare: Touched!

$15:
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Outcast (gc)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tiger Woods 2005 (ps2, xb)
WarioWare: Twisted!

$12:
Polarium

$10:
Major League Baseball 2K5 (ps2, xb)
Outlaw Volleyball: Remixed (ps2)
Suikoden III

$8:
Burnout 2: Point of Impact (gc)
Def Jam Fight for NY (ps2)
Frogger Beyond (gc)
Simpson's Road Rage (gc)
Star Ocean: Til The End of Time
Tales of Symphonia
WarioWare Inc. Mega Party Games

Hardware:
PSP $160
PS2 Slim $85
XBox $85
PS1 $10

Accessories:
GC Steering Wheel (any brand) $5
GC Wavebird Battery pack (any) $3
PS2 Memory card (any) $7
PS2 AV-S Video Cable (any) $3
PSP Safe Case (any) $3
Universal LSC Game Screen (any) $20
XBox DVD Remote (any) $7
XBox value Wireless Controller (hip Brand) $6
XBox High def AV Pack (any) $6
XBox Controller (any) $5
XBox Dance Pad (any) $5
XBox Component Cable (any) $3
XBox Headset only (any) $2

Credit for the following goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy

$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00
$49.99 / $35.00-38.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Conker XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)
XBox 360 Games

OTHER INFO

Deals usually end on close of business on Monday and begin on open Tuesday (some special ones do start on Thursday usually around labor day, memorial day, etc.)

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must be 18 and have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush. If you are not 18, you can trade under a parent or guardian's BB acount, but they must sign a trade agreement.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by "flipping" games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to. Remember, discussion of "loopholes" and "flipping" should be kept in the thread linked at the beginning of this post. We've all had a year's worth of discussion on the ethics of capitalizing on the loopholes, but the fact remains - you sign a Trading Agreement and are subject to the conditions you agreed upon. If you abuse the system, chances are it'll catch up to you one way or another.

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...sj41 has access to these, but really there is no reason for you to want them except for nostalgia.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.

Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.

CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He was the second in charge of the GameRush OP.

drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.

Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.

And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

Looks like I need to round up some cheap games and go to Game Rush and hope they work as part of the trade 3 get any used for $5. I wish my GR was closer, but I guess 1 trip will be enough. Thanks for the update JAMMR

So I've taken on the duties of maintaining the OP.

I think we all know how much we owe to CoryCubed for all his work on the thread in the past few months... so 3 cheers for CoryCubed!

:applause::applause::applause:

Great work from all individuals that have worked on these threads over the last year and a half, since I've been going to GR atleast.

That sure sucks for CoryCubed (I noticed he changed his explanation from legal to personal), I warned him a little while back that his posting may bring him heat within the BB organization. Even though he was not giving us any inside information, just sharing the actual deals, my guess is his actions were viewed as against BB's best interests. It's quite surprising how combative the upper BB management are, they certainly don't seem to be a customer service orientated company. And seem to act in a very punative manner against those people who they feel are working against their goals. I would not be surprised if CheepyD is subpeoned any day soon for his entire user list in some sort of BB legal action.

I'm really conflicted as to my own input into these discussions, in an earlier thread "The Watcher" implied that some of the trading behaviours discussed in this and the flipping thread could be considered illegal and reported to the police. I mentioned this to my friends at my local GR and they said, sure if we suspect that the games being traded are stolen, but the watcher's point was that activity construed as fraud, could also be reported. Clearly buying games and trading them back is not fraud, but proving that every game you trade is not stolen is certainly going to be a waste of some poor bastards time. I once beleived the number of class action suits issued against BB was just lawyers being lawyers, but of late I'm seeing patterns of discrimination and retaliation that just smack of intimidation.

Good Luck to you CoryCubed, If you have been fired for information sharing I hope your wrongful termination suit is highly profitable for you.

when did all this with cory happen, i missed last night and get on tonight and tthe poop has hit the fan, nevermind i read the post. i saw somebody in the old post got some snes games for .99, i believe him, i got castlevania for the 64 for 2.99, i dont know if good deal but i know 3 dollars aint bad

I don't know anything more of Cory's reasons for leaving CAG beyond what he posted in the last thread, I just agreed to take on the OP.

Considering Cory has his own things to deal with, I am sure he does not need his troubles voiced on here, so stoned99 you may want to edit your last post accordingly (pointing out someone's edits kinda defeats the purpose sometimes).

Also, again, this is the thread for discussion on deals, plain and simple. This is not the place to discuss "flipping", the "watcher", cory, sj41, me, whoever or whatever.

Great yet another "Only POST what I approve". Maybe we should have a moderator (preferably from BB), vet each and every post for approval purposes. If you don't agree with my analysis, post your own.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Wait a second what happened to cory he got fired and he left CAG?? This thread is nothing without cory.[/QUOTE]

The bottom of the previous thread covered it, and to be honest I don't know that he was fired, but he certainly seemed distressed in his final posts.

i also got 3 sega genisis games on the b2g1f deal
aladdin
college football national champions 2 (one of my all time favorites)
eternal champions

[quote name='JAMMR']So I've taken on the duties of maintaining the OP.

I think we all know how much we owe to CoryCubed for all his work on the thread in the past few months... so 3 cheers for CoryCubed![/QUOTE]

Sorry JAMMR, but I reserve the right to have my own opinion.

[quote name='JAMMR']I don't know anything more of Cory's reasons for leaving CAG beyond what he posted in the last thread, I just agreed to take on the OP.

Considering Cory has his own things to deal with, I am sure he does not need his troubles voiced on here, so stoned99 you may want to edit your last post accordingly (pointing out someone's edits kinda defeats the purpose sometimes).

Also, again, this is the thread for discussion on deals, plain and simple. This is not the place to discuss "flipping", the "watcher", cory, sj41, me, whoever or whatever.[/QUOTE]

Sorry JAMMR, but I reserve the right to my own opinion. My post is a reaction to Cory's post, I can't post in the locked thread so this is the next best thing. I really believe that along with the deals posted in this thread, the consequences should also be discussed. I'm not advocating boasting about how someone screwed BB, but I do think a dialog that includes how to get banned belongs in the same thread as what deals are running. After all a niave reader would believe that heavily using the deals posted is acceptable behaviour. My experience in that regard would say otherwise. I'm assuming your only using these deals one time ever, because you're not worried about being banned for abusing a deal.

Look, obviously we don't know what happened with Cory (though I doubt he got fired - probably just caught hell from a higher up in BB - if he got fired he could let BB have it on this board :D).

However, his post on another site
http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3848&page=3&pp=10
*seems* to imply he thinks someone there might have "turned him in" - NOT THAT he did anything wrong, I might add.

'nuff said about that. He will be missed and I wish him well.

Now, has anyone seen anything new in the preorder system? They have GOT to have new stuff in there sooner or later.

Also, it seems, from looking at sites as varied as EB Games and EA Sport itself, that, in fact, they are NOT releasing NCAA Football 2006 for the Gamecube (though this information seems to be more difficult to find than it should be!). I have this preordered at Gamerush. Since I just picked up a copy of NCAA 2005 for GC at Best Buy, I might just play that and switch the preorder to something else. They had better let me do that if the game doesn't exist :D. I guess I'm going to have to fire off an email to the EA empire to see if the game is really going to be released for GC.

Edit - EA SUCKS! They have no way of sending an email from their web site - their "support" page just looks up articles by keyword. Can't they say under their NCAA Football 2006 page that they NO longer support the Gamecube? It is a bit odd since they put out the 2005 version and they seem to be supporting the Gamecube for all the other games they made 2005 versions for... Very annoying. I don't want their stupid crap any more... They owe me the last 10 minutes of my life back :D. I'm definitely switching that preorder - to a non-EA game if I can.

[quote name='io']Look, obviously we don't know what happened with Cory (though I doubt he got fired - probably just caught hell from a higher up in BB - if he got fired he could let BB have it on this board :D).

However, his post on another site
http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3848&page=3&pp=10
*seems* to imply he thinks someone there might have "turned him in" - NOT THAT he did anything wrong, I might add.

'nuff said about that. He will be missed and I wish him well.[/QUOTE]
It's amazing how bad of a reaction CAG has earned itself, isn't it? And it's not even the majority of us. It's the asses who milk the system and use flipping to take advantage of the stores.

If things don't change soon, I sense some very bad blood about to flow between CAG and GameRush...

[quote name='stoned99']Clearly buying games and trading them back is not fraud, but proving that every game you trade is not stolen is certainly going to be a waste of some poor bastards time. I once beleived the number of class action suits issued against BB was just lawyers being lawyers, but of late I'm seeing patterns of discrimination and retaliation that just smack of intimidation.[/QUOTE]
Thank God I've kept every receipt for buying games and trading since I started doing things with GR. They can just try and pull some crap with me and my unhealthy habit to keep almost everything will finally pay off.

I hope everything works out for Cory. All the help and information he has shared with us has been invaluable. Thanks for everything Cory!

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']It's amazing how bad of a reaction CAG has earned itself, isn't it? And it's not even the majority of us. It's the asses who milk the system and use flipping to take advantage of the stores.

If things don't change soon, I sense some very bad blood about to flow between CAG and GameRush...[/QUOTE]

Hmm, you know whats really funny about this is the cloak and dagger approach being used by the BB Corporate staff to police this board. This board has provided so much free advertising for GR it's just plain silly and Cheepy has not benefited from a penny of it. (No click through's to count, so no sale). The open discussions that permeate this board share ideas, both good and bad. Most of the bad ideas are flamed for what they are, BUT, we also share details that are advantageous to us all, such as the trade in prices. The same discussions provide feedback to the marketing folk at BB, this information in the past would have never reached them without expensive marketing studies. I for one feel like I should send BB a bill for all my instructive feedback. But like I said before, it looks like this board is now at odd's with BB. The bottom line is BB sales system is a dog, it turns like the Titanic, they cannot build in the safeguards they so need to run promotions like the trade 3 get 1 for 5$. And just one last point, the asses you mention are mostly gamers maximizing their dollars, no one can make so much to earn a living from flipping. BB is not just against flippers, BB is against anyone who is not making BB a profit. I dont recall EB ever getting reamed like this since the PSP fiasco, and look how quickly they caught on and canned the program.

Thanks Cory for all that you've done. You're the reason that I actually started going back to Blockbuster after years of being away (and I haven't even traded any games in yet, only made purchases).

Thanks again.

i know no management people over there care, but if i find out he got fired after going out of his way to help me other day, taking the time to call and make sure i got the games i was supposed to get (he thought i might have had an empty case with no disc), i will go into the store and let them know i will not spend one more penny in their stores....my screen name is what i do for a living and i do have quite a bit of disposable income that i spend mainly on theater equipment, DVDS AND GAMES !!!! he did nothing but inform people of ongoing deals....the same info is available in store....granted he did let us know days or occasionally weeks before but how is that hurting BB corp? i am pissed....

Thanks again Cory for all of your insight into the deals. It was great while it lasted.

Also, thanks to all those before Cory and Jammr for taking up the responsibilities of the new board.

It's actually a shame that it had to come to this with Gamerush. I enjoyed getting the most out of these deals (without flipping). It's just too bad that after June 20, we probably will never see a deal like this one again.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']Thanks again Cory for all of your insight into the deals. It was great while it lasted.

Also, thanks to all those before Cory and Jammr for taking up the responsibilities of the new board.

It's actually a shame that it had to come to this with Gamerush. I enjoyed getting the most out of these deals (without flipping). It's just too bad that after June 20, we probably will never see a deal like this one again.[/QUOTE]

And once again I will never set foot inside of Blockbuster if these deals end.

Game deals and what not are the only reason I would ever go there. Thanks a lot Cory for your insight. It's some bullshit that the BB man is holding you down. It's not like you did anything illegal or were "Martha Stewarting" information...

sorry to hear that Cory had to leave. i wish him the best of luck in the future.

i passed by a GR today and i got chrono cross for 6.99 and got un jammer lammy for free with the b1g1 free ps1 deal.

Just wanted to list some other titles not on that list that are ringing up $4.77 each, NEW. They are Legend of Zelda (Classic NES Series), Zelda II Adventure of Link (Classic NES Series), and Castlevania (Classic NES Series). I'm assuming the other (Classic NES Series)titles are ringing up the same or less. These had stickers of $14.99, $14,99, and $9.99, so I think they were a hell of a deal! I also received Eternal Darkness, NEW for $4.99. I went to 4 different locations to get these. Thanks to the original poster for taking the time to make this thread.

Also, I traded in:
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (PS2) $1.50
Maximo (PS2) $1.50
SSX (PS2) $1.50

and received:
Lego Star Wars for $5.00. :)

Soonerdoc, call the BB Cory worked at and ask to speak to him...see if he's atleast still working there. Keep in mind, sharing this info cannot get you fired, what they did to him what scare him enough to where he won't post in fear of losing his job. Cory, if you read this thread, and I'm sure you still will, GET OUT.

traded in:

gran tursimo 4 - 30
astro boy (2x) - 8 a piece

i got sw: episode III on xbox for 5. i also picked up paper mario for 25, and castlevania: sotn for 6.99 and got final fantasy ix for free. has anyone in the southern california area seen a psychonauts on xbox? i am really looking for this game. thanks to whoever can help another CAG out

Cory's posts put more money into the pockets of Blockbuster than the Gamerush website has ever contributed. Cory, if you've been penalized at all for your contributions to this site I highly recommend finding a company that will appreciate you.

I'll most likely stop up at my store tomorrow afternoon or Friday afternoon, so if the map updates haven't been posted yet I'll put em up.

[quote name='camelking6969']when did all this with cory happen, i missed last night and get on tonight and tthe poop has hit the fan, nevermind i read the post. i saw somebody in the old post got some snes games for .99, i believe him, i got castlevania for the 64 for 2.99, i dont know if good deal but i know 3 dollars aint bad[/QUOTE]

That was me.

Here is the link to the receipt:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b398/heat_fusion/?action=view&current=Untitled-1.jpg

All were carts only.

$0.99 each...can't beat that...except for being free.

ff2 and ff3 for 99 cents are excellent scores, very nice :whistle2:D

and from what I understand, BB workers get crapped on by corporate as bad as any retail workers.

From what it sounds like, they are making you a goat for people abusing these deals? typical.

This deal came and went (soon) fast... was this promo really supposed to run until to September (originally)?

That would have been a long promo... too bad BB is pulling it early. I was hoping to trade in for games like GTA:SA (Xbox) but I doubt games like that will ever see the light of day on the used rack before 6/20!

Blockbuster is running themselves straight out of bussiness! MY friend bought a re4 guide on tuesday from gamerush, when he got home he realized the poster and a few pages were missing. He returned to the store and they told him they do not take returns to call the manufacturer.

Hah, thats amazing. You know, even though I've admittedly flipped, I brought a crapload of games to them that weren't bought from them. I'd say I got around $400 in trade value from my own games, then my old ps2, ps1, xbox (got a drive i didn't want), and old controllers. The management have become assholes because I started trading in the duplicates of games that I picked up for free (free after coupon at BB) and other insanely low priced deals. Now I'm a flipper, and I can't say that I ever would have if they didn't start being total jackasses. What's really annoying is that they told me that I couldn't trade them any more racing 3 packs, even though all the ones that they had are already sold. You know how dumb the average texan gamer is. They'll buy anything that's racing! Cory is responsible for actually showing me that BBV sold games! I didn't even know they had a game section such as this. As far as I knew, it hadn't changed since the regular stores I used to go to in the 80s. Big FU goes out to the BBV management, Cory seems to be the only good one among you, except for a few that are around an hour drive from me. Get out while you can, Cory, these corporate idiots are going to force their CAG business to never return.

Well even though this deal is ending, gamerush still will continue to be the place where I will trade and buy games (except for a few pc titles here and there). Here's why...

• They offer unbelievably good trade in values beating everyone else most times
  • They have a HUGE number of used titles and current games will be seen again on the racks after this deal ends
  • The B1G1 free or B1G1 half off usual daily deals makes for the best used game values anywhere
  • In my case i've had nothing but the most helpful service there, much better than past experiences with EB and Gamestop

Yah corporate types are nasty, but thats pretty much the written rule for most retail chains.

If we ever get this deal again but it only lasts for a 1 or 2 weeks at a time with heavier restrictions on trade-ins, hell thats just icing on the cake for me...

whoops that was alittle ranty... :p

anyways

Traded in today

Pikmin 2 - $18
Mario Power Tenis - $18

Pre-Ordered the new Zelda

so did anyone actually try the trade in promotion at regular blockbusters or is that a typo since I don't remember them ever taking in games from outside of BB

Ps2
Ncaa march madness 2005 $12.50
Beyond Good and Evil $5.00

Xbox
Splinter Cell- CT $30

Got Advent Rising for $5

[quote name='Zon27']And once again I will never set foot inside of Blockbuster if these deals end.

Game deals and what not are the only reason I would ever go there. Thanks a lot Cory for your insight. It's some bullshit that the BB man is holding you down. It's not like you did anything illegal or were "Martha Stewarting" information...[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Now with no one letting us in on the deals, and Gamerush seems to be against advertising their own deals, this store becomes worthless to me, once again.

Hell, I *never* would have known about the %50 off Nintendo deal if it wasn't for Cory, and I bought at least four games through it. Good job Blockbuster.

[quote name='Roufuss']Same here.

Now with no one letting us in on the deals, and Gamerush seems to be against advertising their own deals, this store becomes worthless to me, once again.

Hell, I *never* would have known about the %50 off Nintendo deal if it wasn't for Cory, and I bought at least four games through it. Good job Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, we visited a store to pick up GTA and my gf was looking for the 50% off deal and couldn't find it, after some wandering since we KNEW it existed we finally found it on one of the end caps farthest from the GR counter with a tiny sign advertising the 50% off the games on the end cap.

I'm sure that I'll still take games into BB since they do give high trade-in values, altho who knows if that will continue forever.. however, I do know that I will start contacting the other stores to compare trade-in values from now on... and will be making my purchases of new games from other stores since they actually get them in on the release date and Fry's even sells them at an intro low price for most... since GR popped up I've used them exclusively for all of my gaming, I guess I'm a flipper tho, since I normally get sick of a title within the first week so I'm 'flipping' it back to them quickly (SW3 in two days, Doom3 in 4 days).

[quote name='Roufuss']Same here.

Hell, I *never* would have known about the %50 off Nintendo deal if it wasn't for Cory, and I bought at least four games through it. Good job Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I would never had known about the 50% off Nintendo, 99 cents retro, or B1G1 PS1 deal at all. Thank you Cory, it won't be the same without you:cry:. May your future endeavors be fruitful...ok that didn't come out right but you know what I mean.

Is there any sort of preorder list for xbox360 games? Normally i would never consider getting a new console at launch(mostly bc the games are expensive, and the console is expensive) but gamerush apparently is giving me a cheapass alternative to waiting 5 years after a console is out :D

I keep finding Dreamcast games at mine for 99 cents

Looney Tunes: Space Race (complete)
Mortal Kombat Gold (disc - only)
Soul Fighters (disc - only)
Jet Grind Radio (Complete)
NFL 2K2 (Freebie - buy 2g1 free)
NFL Gameday 97 (PS1, Freebie - buy 2g1 free)

It's only on the back by the barcode - just cut that part off of the back sleeve before you return.

----------
Has anyone got GR to take the metroid prime game that came bundled with the wavebird?

I tried today and they wouldnt take it because it says "not for resale." If i take the cover off, does the disc say not for resale as well? My copy is unopened so I hate to open it just to find out it says not for resale on the disc.

[quote name='soulwish2003']It's only on the back by the barcode - just cut that part off of the back sleeve before you return.

----------
Has anyone got GR to take the metroid prime game that came bundled with the wavebird?

I tried today and they wouldnt take it because it says "not for resale." If i take the cover off, does the disc say not for resale as well? My copy is unopened so I hate to open it just to find out it says not for resale on the disc.[/QUOTE]

They won't take it sealed anyway so if you are trading it in just open it.

[quote name='sabin23']This deal came and went (soon) fast... was this promo really supposed to run until to September (originally)?

That would have been a long promo... too bad BB is pulling it early. I was hoping to trade in for games like GTA:SA (Xbox) but I doubt games like that will ever see the light of day on the used rack before 6/20![/QUOTE]

Me, too. But you never know I will try my local Gamerush and just pray they have one. But if all else fails I can just get a new copy with the trade 2 for $30 deal.

[quote name='jim2011']so did anyone actually try the trade in promotion at regular blockbusters or is that a typo since I don't remember them ever taking in games from outside of BB[/QUOTE]

yes, both bb I have been to have this promotion (trade 3 get one for $5)

[quote name='dracula']Is there any sort of preorder list for xbox360 games? Normally i would never consider getting a new console at launch(mostly bc the games are expensive, and the console is expensive) but gamerush apparently is giving me a cheapass alternative to waiting 5 years after a console is out :D[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is like only 11 games long though. Some one posted it in the old thread but you probably would have a hard time finding it. Plus it is YMMV because some Gamerushes won't let people Pre-order 360 games with the Trade 2 for $30 Pre-order or New because of the price point being $59.99.

[quote name='roguejedi5']I agree, I would never had known about the 50% off Nintendo, 99 cents retro, or B1G1 PS1 deal at all. Thank you Cory, it won't be the same without you:cry:. May your future endeavors be fruitful...ok that didn't come out right but you know what I mean.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling Gamerush will lose quite a bit of business now, since Cory isn't around to post the sales and most people don't even know they exist, INCLUDING the employees 95% of the time.

Hell, I started shopping at Gamerush alot more because of CoryCubed, even found out there were two more stores in my city, and half of the time drove out of my way to buy / trade in there.

I did hear a radio commercial for GR the other day... but honestly, who listens to the radio (well, besides me because I was hooking up the Ipod).

[quote name='Roufuss']I have a feeling Gamerush will lose quite a bit of business now, since Cory isn't around to post the sales and most people don't even know they exist, INCLUDING the employees 95% of the time.[/QUOTE]

I would take a guess that CAG only accounts for maybe 5-10% of Gamerush's total customers at most. All I can say is that almost every gamerush around me always has the games area updated with the latest sales and deals. Heck 3 out of 4 stores that are within 10 miles of me all had the Nintendo 50% off up on endcaps the day the sale started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back