Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Final Fantasy XIII - Gen. Discussion & Info

• Please log in to reply
1935 replies to this topic

#661 Skippi

Skippi

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:17 PM

The link for the beta app is directly underneath your code for the FF14 item.

You can go back to the Squeenix MEMBERS page, go to the FF13 section, and click Bonus Codes, it should still be there.

I have very few options on the Members site. Just Home which is a banner showing some S-E games, and Account which shows I have one game registered, which I can't click on. I can only edit my personal details or add another game.

Is the promotional code only for those in the US maybe?

#662 halfbent

halfbent

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

The url they point you to makes me think North America, but who knows.

http://member.square...f13/serialcode/

That's the bonus codes page; maybe that will work. Should have a link at the bottom for both ps3/360 versions (depending what you've registered so far.)

#663 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:11 PM

This might be the cleanest looking game I have ever played. I've only missed getting 5-stars on 3 battles. 1 was understandable, but 2 were like 'what, really?'

Also, I think I know who the main character is, and I'm only an hour into it.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#664 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:34 PM

I love the game so far but I hate Hope so far. Hopefully he nuts up or shuts up.

TheVila.png

#665 Skippi

Skippi

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

Got my promo code just a short while ago. :)

Was emailed out.

#666 johnmirra

johnmirra

Damn Fine Cup of Coffee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:01 PM

i registered my copy but there was no mention of any special item or anything.... so idk
Theres nothing worse then a hot pickle - My Dad

#667 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:06 PM

When you register they give you a 20-digit code. That's for the beta. You get another code for an item whenever they feel like it.

I signed up for a beta chance. If I get into it, it will be a miracle of miracles.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#668 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:29 PM

That XIV BETA sign up is stupid... I have no option for saying NO I DON'T RUN ANY WEBSITE... so, according to the survey, I now do. But I don't... but I had to answer and they gave me no choice.

#669 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:32 PM

Well I had already applied for the beta when they were excepting closed applicants, so I made a new account. Now they made me merge my SE ID with the SE-Members one, so I"m pretty sure registering the code and using the beta "invite" isn't going to double my chances... so it's useless for me. Wheeeeee

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#670 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:50 PM

you mean 'accepting'. i hope ff14 won't be pay to play, we are cags after all.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#671 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:50 PM

Actually Saint, the last option is I do not run any fansite. Square just doesn't know english.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#672 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:18 AM

You're wrong King Brory, they speak engrish perfectry fine.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#673 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:27 AM

I wasn't too thrilled to try XIII until I saw the video reviews, it looks fun to me.

PaulManda.png

#674 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:52 AM

I'm trying to fight it, but I don't think I can any longer. I'm going to have to pick this up. Luckily I've got a bunch of gs credit. Is the beginning more or less linear than ffx?
To each his own.

#675 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:01 AM

I'm trying to fight it, but I don't think I can any longer. I'm going to have to pick this up. Luckily I've got a bunch of gs credit. Is the beginning more or less linear than ffx?

It's on rails, baby. Seriously though, it's more or less a straight line with a circle or short branching path here and there. At least that's how it's been for a few hours now.

#676 anubis20

anubis20

Gundamnator Salvation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:03 AM

MY FUCKING GAME GOT STOLEN!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!! I ordered it from Amazon and with their shitty packaging someone opened it and took the damn disc!!!!!! I just got the case, as soon as I opened it I was wondering why it wasnt shrinkwrapped... Shit, now Amazon is sending me a replacement and I wont have it until Thursday!!!! Fuck!, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!!!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#677 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:07 AM

MY FUCKING GAME GOT STOLEN!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!! I ordered it from Amazon and with their shitty packaging someone opened it and took the damn disc!!!!!! I just got the case, as soon as I opened it I was wondering why it wasnt shrinkwrapped... Shit, now Amazon is sending me a replacement and I wont have it until Thursday!!!! Fuck!, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!!!

Be thankful they are sending you a replacement...for free.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#678 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:06 AM

^Wow, that's shitty man. I've always been worried about something like that happening.

How are people liking the game? I really want to pick this up, the last FF game I played (IX) I really enjoyed but I don't know. My interest in J-RPG's has really waned over the last 4-5 years. I've also heard that it's unnecessarily hard, but that was on GameFaqs, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Oh and inb4 the "too linear" comment.

#679 anubis20

anubis20

Gundamnator Salvation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:11 AM

Be thankful they are sending you a replacement...for free.

Amazon is gonna file a claim with UPS and they'll get paid, why should I be thankful they used that stupid packaging that can be opened from the sides. Anyone who has bought a game / blu-ray from Amazon knows how easy that package can be opened.

#680 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:15 AM

I just got the game today and have already played for just over 2 hours. Yes, its very linear, but definitely not a bad thing. In ways I do feel like I'm playing FFX again (not FFXII), which makes me feel very happy. Will put more time into this game mostly this weekend.

Anubis, that really sucks to hear (you don't even live that far from me either). :-( Glad you are getting another, but really sucks to hear.

And yeah, I DO agree about Amazon packaging at times.
Posted Image

#681 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:25 AM

Amazon is gonna file a claim with UPS and they'll get paid, why should I be thankful they used that stupid packaging that can be opened from the sides. Anyone who has bought a game / blu-ray from Amazon knows how easy that package can be opened.

They sent mine in a padded envelope.

#682 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:27 AM

A couple of things about the voice actors. Not really spoilers from the game, but if you want to figure it out on your own, go ahead. These are merely guesses, too. If they're not right, they sound an awful lot like them.

Spoiler

That's all I recognize.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#683 anubis20

anubis20

Gundamnator Salvation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:41 AM

They sent mine in a padded envelope.

Thats how they should send all of them

#684 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:46 AM

Thats how they should send all of them

'fraid you're wrong. I got mine in a box.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#685 anubis20

anubis20

Gundamnator Salvation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:57 AM

box as in box with tape around it or that stupid little box with the window that you can touch and move the packing slip?

#686 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:17 AM

Mine was a box as well, with the small "air bags" as padding.

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#687 anubis20

anubis20

Gundamnator Salvation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:17 AM

Mine was a box as well, with the small "air bags" as padding.

Guess it varies by the distribution center

#688 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:06 AM

Has anyone had trouble creating an account with SE? It said it would send me an email with a link to finish creating my account but I've gotten nothing and it's been like 2 hours.

EDIT - I just received it, how weird.

#689 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:09 AM

Has anyone had trouble creating an account with SE? It said it would send me an email with a link to finish creating my account but I've gotten nothing and it's been like 2 hours.

EDIT - I just received it, how weird.

I'm sure they have been getting hammered all day. I did it earlier, it just went very slowly.

And Ghosts FTW.

#690 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:13 AM

Guess it varies by the distribution center

Did yours come from DE? Mine was just in a small box without padding (put seemed to be wrapped tightly). When it comes from VA, it comes in a bubble mailer. Some Amazon places it comes in a large with air cushions.

Anyway, played for another 30 minutes before bed time. I actually got a game over for doing something stupid in battle, but oh well. :lol:
Posted Image