Photo
- - - - -

Why is it so hard finding gamecube titles at stores?

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#61 HyperWrench

HyperWrench

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:14 AM

I don't care if a game stays sealed. I like to play 'em. I do like to have nice copies, but I draw the line at having a "shelf" sealed copy and a "playable" open copy.

;)

I did buy it for the sole reason of playing it. I beleive my though process was "Hey I've always wanted to play that" and "I have $10". I didn't even know it was a sought after item.:oops:

I also take my action figures out of their original packaging so I can play with them.

#62 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:21 AM

I don't care if a game stays sealed. I like to play 'em. I do like to have nice copies, but I draw the line at having a "shelf" sealed copy and a "playable" open copy.

;)

i agree with you on that. i cant imagine buying a version of a game just to keep it or buying 2 one to play and one to keep sealed. most of the stuff i got through cag were games i was curious about but wouldnt pay full price for or game i knew i wanted to keep. as far as completness yeah id love to have complete games use or new but some games to me are so good or worth it as long as i can at least get the disk i dont care.

i had to settle for the game only for jedi kight jedi outcast 2 since its so hard to find. maybe someday ill find a complete copy somewhere but im just glad to have the game. the star wars games look like they will start to become rarer. i think star fox is hard to find too.

#63 mcelfour

mcelfour

Level 10 Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:29 AM

I did buy it for the sole reason of playing it. I beleive my though process was "Hey I've always wanted to play that" and "I have $10". I didn't even know it was a sought after item.:oops:

I also take my action figures out of their original packaging so I can play with them.

Oh yeah. I don't have any sealed Transformers!

I also would like to say that if someone wants to keep a sealed copy, that's their business. I just was expressing an opinion. :)

Posted Image Posted Image

Friend Codes
Spoiler

#64 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:00 AM

;)

I never said you planned on keeping it sealed. $10 sealed means it's brand spanking new when you open it. I don't like buying used games often due to being anal about who or what touches my games lol, so that's why I'm jealous you found one sealed for so cheap.

#65 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:43 AM

Those sealed Pikmin 2's sell for about $50 each. You're lucky you can still find that game sealed.

I saw a copy at Blockbuster for $20 sealed. I was waiting for a sale but by then it was too late. :-(

I still have Fire Emblem sealed I got from Sears in May 07 for $15. I just never got around to playing it.

Wow lucky. EB Canada sells it for $35 used and eBay is $20+.

I find that now is a good time to buy Gamecube games since the Wii is out now. Yeah I'm a generation behind but there are a lot of great games for the Gamecube that I can get for cheap. I like my games to be complete but if it's cheap it won't matter. Just the other day I picked up StarFox Assault (no case) and Mario Golf (no manual) for $5 each.

#66 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:13 PM

I saw a copy at Blockbuster for $20 sealed. I was waiting for a sale but by then it was too late. :-(

Wow lucky. EB Canada sells it for $35 used and eBay is $20+.

I find that now is a good time to buy Gamecube games since the Wii is out now. Yeah I'm a generation behind but there are a lot of great games for the Gamecube that I can get for cheap. I like my games to be complete but if it's cheap it won't matter. Just the other day I picked up StarFox Assault (no case) and Mario Golf (no manual) for $5 each.

you should be able to get those manuals from the nintendo website unless theyve stopped selling all gcube stuff.

#67 mcelfour

mcelfour

Level 10 Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:06 PM

I find that now is a good time to buy Gamecube games since the Wii is out now. Yeah I'm a generation behind but there are a lot of great games for the Gamecube that I can get for cheap.

I disagree. I think the best time was prior to Wii, or just after launch. GC games have gotten harder to find, and more expensive in the last year in my experience.

you should be able to get those manuals from the nintendo website unless theyve stopped selling all gcube stuff.

If they don't have any original manuals, you might get a color printed copy. It's a bit of a gamble, or at least it was when I ordered manuals. I think I ended up at 3/4 originals. Not too bad. These were GBA manuals though, in case GC is different.

Friend Codes
Spoiler

#68 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:43 PM

yeah alot of the top teir stuff ( if youre looking to get it new) you wont be able to find too many places unless you want to pay full price at places like cc where theyre still selling tp for 49.99. you can find most games used but then again some games new or used are damn impossible to find unless you want to pay someones jacked up price. i still say cag is a good place to get gc games since most of the people here take good care of their stuff and if you cant get them to sell it you can at least trade for it. damn this post has got me wanting to hurry up and finish my gc collection i only need a few more games most of which are easy to find. im just still not sure if i really want to pay the price for mario tennis and golf.

#69 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:12 PM

i guarantee you mario tennis will NOT fall in price, i've been waiting since it released :cry:
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#70 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:49 PM

I disagree. I think the best time was prior to Wii, or just after launch. GC games have gotten harder to find, and more expensive in the last year in my experience.

Hmm you may be right. I didn't start actively hunting for GC games until the past few months though.

i guarantee you mario tennis will NOT fall in price, i've been waiting since it released :cry:

Cheapest I've seen is the bundle with a controller for $48 at Zellers ($60 - 20%) off. There was also a coupon for 10 off 50.

#71 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

Hmm you may be right. I didn't start actively hunting for GC games until the past few months though.

Cheapest I've seen is the bundle with a controller for $48 at Zellers ($60 - 20%) off. There was also a coupon for 10 off 50.

id actually pay that price for the game with console but i refuse to pay that price for just the game. but unfortunately for the theres no zellers in america unless they have an online store.

#72 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:40 PM

truth man.. truth. it's almost all online now.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#73 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:27 AM

I still need RE4. I'm hoping with the Wii version I would be able to find a copy for cheap. I don't think I have ever seen a copy in a store through.

That and Mario Tennis I really want. Wario World (big Wario fan) I would like to find too. But pretty much now I just buy some $10 games, they are kind of fun.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#74 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:50 PM

I was actually going to go buy that next week, do you happen to know if the oakridge one still has it? last time i was there it did, but that was MANY months ago
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#75 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:10 PM

id be curious to know if you all could find one at this place because id be willing to pay you for a bundle if you could score an extra one. i tried the website but they didnt have any gc stuff listed at all and being american zellers isnt a brnad of store we have ( to my knowledge).

#76 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:32 AM

Nintendo only sells manuals for 1st party titles, 43 at this time -- Fire Emblem is still available:
http://store.nintend...mment=&dropOff=

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#77 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:41 AM

They still make gamecube games, they just changed the name to Wii.

I kid, I kid.

#78 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:47 PM

i'll see what i can find lokizz, gonna check it out today
Posted Image

Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#79 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:31 PM

i'll see what i can find lokizz, gonna check it out today

cool thanks for looking . if they have an extra one ill gladly pay you the price for it , shipping pluss something extra for your trouble.

#80 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:44 AM

I still need RE4. I'm hoping with the Wii version I would be able to find a copy for cheap. I don't think I have ever seen a copy in a store through.

That and Mario Tennis I really want. Wario World (big Wario fan) I would like to find too. But pretty much now I just buy some $10 games, they are kind of fun.

RE4 is actually the easiest Gamecube RE game to find, probably because it's the newest and the most popular. I've never seen it new in stores though, just EB Games and ebay. It might be better to get the Wii edition since you get the extra PS2 content.

Anyone else but mcelfour have any experience with ordering manuals from Nintendo? If they're colour photocopies I won't mind, but I do prefer originals. Has anyone ever bought just cases/manuals from EB/GS?

#81 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:19 AM

Anyone else but mcelfour have any experience with ordering manuals from Nintendo? If they're colour photocopies I won't mind, but I do prefer originals. Has anyone ever bought just cases/manuals from EB/GS?

For $2 you will not be getting color copies. I remember reading somewhere that someone ordered one and it was just a regular copy (black and white) and he was pissed off. You get what you pay for and it won't be much.

#82 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:23 PM

Last fall I stumbled across 2 used copies of DDR Mario Mix missing the manuals (1 for me I found in August, and 1 for my brother and his kids in Sept). The Nintendo site states that they may ship you photocopies, but I took a gamble and ordered one to see what I would receive. They sent me the original 4-color manual that shipped with the game on its release in a flat envelope. USPS bent it a little, but it was still nice and pretty.

I needed some replacement cases too (so I would not have to look at all the darn yellow stickers) so I ordered a second manual, and got lucky again.

It is a gamble as to what you will receive, photocopy or original manual -- u need to decide for yourself if it is worth a couple of dollars to gamble.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#83 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:33 PM

You found Mario DDR?! :(

#84 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:11 AM

I have a mint/complete black label RE4 i'd be willing to part with for another gc game, lmk if you're interested
Posted Image

Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#85 NTolerance

NTolerance

Vich one of you is crying

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:13 PM

I saw this coming shortly after the Wii's release and stocked up in early 2007. It took me a while to find what I was looking for, but I rounded out my collection of about 30 AAA GC titles for mostly under $20 per game.

The one exception was the always rare Ikaruga which I bit the bullet on and paid $50 for a used copy on Ebay. Naturally the seller used the word "mint" in the description but the case and cover were pretty well beat up. :wall: Of course back in those days you couldn't leave negative feedback on a seller without fear of retribution.

At any rate, the best solution to used games that have been "gamestopped" is to order some new GC game cases from Nintendo's site. Once you get a mint case your game starts to look a hell of a lot better.

#86 io

io

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:02 PM

My local Gamecrazy just pulled out at least 4 more copies of Mario Sunshine for display on the shelves - I'm not sure if they just had them in the back or if they got a new shipment though.

NTolerance - Hopefully you don't start doling out negatives on eBay just because you can in May ;). I know I'm going to stop selling a few things as a result of the changes - who wants to deal with Buyer blackmail? If the game was truly that bad you could have contacted the seller and told him you weren't happy with it. And besides, if you are just a buyer the negative (IF the seller retaliated) won't effect you one bit - it hurts sellers much more though. I know I held off negging blatantly bad buyers (ones who say repeatadly they will pay "next week" and then string that out for 4-5 weeks before finally not responding any more) because of the potential for retaliatory feedback against me as a seller.

#87 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

i managed to score a $40 brand new copy of ikaruga a few years back, but this was long before everyone started jumping on the bandwagon
Posted Image

Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#88 io

io

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:01 PM

i managed to score a $40 brand new copy of ikaruga a few years back, but this was long before everyone started jumping on the bandwagon

I've been kicking myself ever since I passed on a clearance copy at my local Fred Meyer a few years ago as well. It was there forever at $39.99 and then went on clearance - probably $29.97 or so. I just didn't think that was nearly cheap enough (at the time ebay prices were only $40 or so and I was hoping for a second drop). Of course, the day I finally decided I should get it, it wasn't there any more.

But then again, I would never have gotten around to playing it, so the $30 I would have spent would have been just to "have it" and I got enough games I don't play :lol:.

#89 mcelfour

mcelfour

Level 10 Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:13 AM

I've been kicking myself ever since I passed on a clearance copy at my local Fred Meyer a few years ago as well. It was there forever at $39.99 and then went on clearance - probably $29.97 or so. I just didn't think that was nearly cheap enough (at the time ebay prices were only $40 or so and I was hoping for a second drop). Of course, the day I finally decided I should get it, it wasn't there any more.

But then again, I would never have gotten around to playing it, so the $30 I would have spent would have been just to "have it" and I got enough games I don't play :lol:.

I'm not good enough at shoot em ups to justify ever getting Ikaruga. I get schooled enough on Gigawing etc. on Gametap.

:P

Friend Codes
Spoiler

#90 Iron Clad Burrito

Iron Clad Burrito

Not a real fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:40 AM

I found one at GameCrazy for $19, after the bandwagon had already begun rolling. :)

Patience, local shops, and the occasional Craigslist gem are key... lots of people selling games on Craigslist won't check eBay's values on something as trivial as a Gamecube game. :)
[URL="http://www.netwinner.com/?signupCode=Iron+Clad+Burrito"][/URL]