Photo
- - - - -

Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2: Preview, the 21 Songs so far...

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#121 Pikachuusb

Pikachuusb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:24 PM

Hey guys I checked on some other boards and they say the DLC is up. I havent got a chance to download yet but here are the songs:

4/29/08:
(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman - Aretha Franklin
Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing (duet) - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
Ain't Too Proud to Beg (duet) - The Temptations
American Woman - The Guess Who (or Lenny Kravitz)
Born to Be Wild - Steppenwolf
Careless Whisper - Wham (George Michael)
Complicated - Avril Lavigne
Do You Really Want to Hurt Me? - Culture Club
Greatest Love of All - Whitney Houston
I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross
Love Will Keep Us Together - The Captain & Tennille
New York, New York - Frank Sinatra
Photograph - Nickelback
Proud Mary - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Stand By Your Man - Tammy Wynette
Straight Up - Paula Abdul
The First Cut Is the Deepest - Sheryl Crow
The Real Thing - Bo Bice
When the Sun Goes Down (duet) - Kenny Chesney & Uncle Kracker
You and Me - Lifehouse

#122 PleasantOne

PleasantOne

It's a TRAAAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:43 PM

Well this is a crummy DLC week (for me, anyway).

If anyone DL's The First Cut is the Deepest, let us know if it's a male or female vocalist... I prefer Rod Stewart singing that..
Posted Image
Currently playing: Grad school... I give it a thumbs down

#123 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:59 PM

It's the female version of it since it's the same version as the other Karaoke Revolution games.

594280.png

#124 buterbals

buterbals

Deliciously Evil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:42 PM

I havent been able to get on xbox live since Im currently moving, so are there just 20 songs this time? or are we missing one? Ill update the OP with the information that was provided, thanks.

Posted Image

#125 typeRJ

typeRJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:07 PM

I havent been able to get on xbox live since Im currently moving, so are there just 20 songs this time? or are we missing one? Ill update the OP with the information that was provided, thanks.

i don't think you're missing any. i was also waiting for the downloads to update last week. i check through the marketplace new arrivals everyday just to see what's new in case there's some surprise update. the KRAIE songs never changed until today.

#126 PleasantOne

PleasantOne

It's a TRAAAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:14 PM

There were 21. "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" is missing from that list. I have no clue who that's by.

*edit* Ah, it's Fall Out Boy

It's the female version of it since it's the same version as the other Karaoke Revolution games.

Posted Image

#127 buterbals

buterbals

Deliciously Evil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:29 PM

There were 21. "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" is missing from that list. I have no clue who that's by.

Posted Image

#128 PleasantOne

PleasantOne

It's a TRAAAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

Thank YOU for keeping the OP updated. I know I find the list very helpful. It's downright stupid that they don't put "made famous by ..." on XBL.
Posted Image

#129 Pikachuusb

Pikachuusb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:22 PM

:oops: sorry I missed that one

thank you for posting it though:bouncy:

#130 PleasantOne

PleasantOne

It's a TRAAAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:58 PM

:oops: sorry I missed that one

thank you for posting it though:bouncy:

Hey, don't be sorry, you posted the other 20 ;)

Today's DLC out yet? Anyone? I'd love to check, but I'm at school.

*edit*
Wait, crap, has it only been one week since we had new stuff? Doh...
Posted Image

#131 rockerangel

rockerangel

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:38 AM

Any news on a DLC this week? I didn't love the last DLC, so I was hoping for good things this week. Thanks!

#132 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:15 PM

So me and a lady friend were having some good times on RB vocals and it got me considering this game. The duet stuff seemed interesting. Is this worth owning or is it a rental at best? If I want DLC its definitely a keeper but I haven't looked at the list yet. I guess I'm asking for an overall opinion of this.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#133 porieux

porieux

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:40 AM

As a game it's not put together all that well, but if you are interested in singing those songs then it's your only option and it works. If you are used to RB though, it's going to be a huge step down in pretty much every way. That said, you can still have fun with it if you take it for what it is.

#134 Pikachuusb

Pikachuusb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:11 PM

I guess noone posted this so I will, sorry its soo late:oops:, I think we should be getting more this upcoming week too so I will post that when it happens.

*Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - Police
*Drift Away - Uncle Kracker
Wide Open Spaces - Dixie Chicks
Lets Stay Together - Al Green
Easy - Lionel Richie
Cant Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley
Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations
I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Tony Bennett
More Than Words - Extreme
Truth Is - Fantasia
When Im Gone - Three Doors Down
Here Without You - Three Doors Down
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Rock & Roll All Nite - Kiss
Im With You - Avril Lavigne
Heaven - Los Lonely Boys
Uptown Girl - Billy Joel
I'll Be - Edwin McCain
Thank You - Dido
I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash
Celebration - Kool & the Gang

although the songs came out around the 17th or 18th, the 1st two songs notated by an * came out a week later I think it was, bringing the total up to 21 songs

#135 turgore2008

turgore2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:42 PM

If they wouldn't have slapped the American License on it I would've bought it . Now I associate it with a game based on a TV show , and games based on TV shows suck.

#136 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:54 PM

Well it's primarily a Karaoke game, and that is the most important. I think it does the karaoke portion well.

594280.png

#137 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:06 AM

I was looking at the wiki to see the songlist, is there a reason why some songs were available then pulled?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#138 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:12 AM

I actually considered buying this game a few times, because I like the tracklist, but I really don't like the idea of the American Idol branding (so I'm kind of sticking to SingStar) and having cover artist. But there's no denying the tracklist is quite appealing and making it hard for me to resist at $50.
Posted Image

#139 Pikachuusb

Pikachuusb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:59 AM

I have Singstar as well and enjoy American Idol more, but thats just personal opinion.

Then again I would just classify games based off of tv shows as automatically sucking without trying it out 1st.

The Mana Knight, if you like Singstar I think youd like AIE too :)

#140 AquaHaute

AquaHaute

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:45 PM

I was looking at the wiki to see the songlist, is there a reason why some songs were available then pulled?

As the person who keeps the wiki article updated - I suspect because it occured to someone that those particular songs really shouldn't be rated E. DLC rated higher than the game's own rating has to be specifically labeled with the new rating.

I don't know whether it'll return, especially if those requirements would mean it would have to show the label in the in-game store as well.

No word on whether they're gone for the PS3 version as well.

If they wouldn't have slapped the American License on it I would've bought it . Now I associate it with a game based on a TV show , and games based on TV shows suck.

Your loss. Neither my husband nor I have ever watched even a single episode of Idol, and yet we love both this game and the previous KRAI game on PS2, because they have more songs we know and love than any other entry in the series. You never have to play in the American Idol mode if you don't want to.

#141 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:05 PM

So as a fan of the KR series, I was disappointed with the last American Idol game. Does this game handle the presentation better? The songlist looks pretty good. How's the online play? Anything I should know before I take the dive?

#142 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:16 PM

What do you mean by "handle the presentation better?"? The main thing is Paula is now in the game. The judges say more of a variety of stuff, but after every round, the people going home is similar to the previous game.

If you had the last version, you'll be disappointed in the character customization on the 360 version. Very limited.

594280.png

#143 buterbals

buterbals

Deliciously Evil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:23 AM

I know its been a while, but has there been any more releases for the game that I missed?

All I know is that the following songs have been taken off the marketplace:

• "Hot Stuff" - Donna Summer
  • "I'll Make Love to You" - Boyz II Men
  • "Lady Marmalade" - Patti LaBelle
  • "Let's Get It On" - Marvin Gaye
  • "Like A Virgin" - Madonna
  • "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" - Fall Out Boy
Anyone know why?

Posted Image

#144 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:32 AM

those songs contain content that wouldn't necessarily be "E" rated. So I think Konami took them off.

594280.png

#145 buterbals

buterbals

Deliciously Evil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:55 AM

those songs contain content that wouldn't necessarily be "E" rated. So I think Konami took them off.

Ah ok, thanks for the info. I haven't played in a while but I had purchased some of those songs listed before they were taken down. Would they still be playable or not? I wonder if MS would refund the points for those songs.

Posted Image

#146 buterbals

buterbals

Deliciously Evil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

Just noticed that the game was announced today. Im not sure what to think as LIPS is also coming out later this year. The good thing though is that all your content transfers over from the past game which is a good thing, hopefully that includes the songs on the disc as well. Here's the information released:

---------------------------------------------------------------

General Features
  • 40 all new hit songs from the 70's to today!
  • 4 brand new venues, including the finals stage from the 2008 season of American Idol and a Music Video venue whose graphical environment transforms with each song
  • Downloadable songs, featuring contemporary hits and classic favorites, including many songs that have been featured on American Idol
  • Perfect for parties and social gatherings: multiple game modes for up to 8 players to compete with or against each other
  • Proprietary technology accurately recognizes and scores vocal pitch and rhythm
  • Create even more unique looks for your contestant with a variety of new accessories
  • Xbox Vision (camera) support in online games
  • New online Co-op head-to-head mode
  • Improved animation system brings the judges right into your living room!
  • Downloaded content from Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore will automatically be imported into Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2 for use in all modes
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be making a thread for it once we have more information on the game, either that or just combine both games onto this single thread.

Posted Image

#147 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:32 AM

I think they need to drop the AI lisence(SP?). I liked the backgrounds in KR Party better. The rooftop and the subway were my favorite stages.

#148 buterbals

buterbals

Deliciously Evil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:12 PM

Updated the OP with TeamXbox's Preview and a list of songs confirmed so far.

Posted Image

#149 PerryD

PerryD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:28 PM

[*]Downloaded content from Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore will automatically be imported into Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2 for use in all modes.

It will be interesting to see if they make Encore 1 songs available for download for those that want to include some favorites from the original game into the new game. Not expecting it to be free like Rock Band, but at least the option should be available, especially to those that passed on Vol 1.

#150 Pikachuusb

Pikachuusb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:57 PM

Has anyone purchased the game yet or played Encore2? I was curious how it is.