Photo
- - - - -

Anybody still playing PS2? What games are you playing?

• Please log in to reply
646 replies to this topic

#571 Angel.Sofiel

Angel.Sofiel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:05 PM

Right now, I am playing Unlimited SaGa and am enjoying it despite the heavy criticism the game has received. :)

#572 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:09 PM

The original "Siren".

If Dead Space made you need a new pair pants, Siren will make you mop the floor...

And probably make you throw a controller at the wall (very hard, trial and error gameplay).

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#573 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:06 PM

I'm actually replaying the Legacy of Kain series, starting with Soul Reaver on the Dreamcast, but then Soul Reaver 2, Blood Omen 2, and Defiance on the PS2.

#574 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

Thought about buying Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2.

#575 oremites

oremites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:41 AM

I'm slowly working my way through the backlog of RPG's. Who knows if I'll ever make it through them all.

Currently I'm working on Shadow Hearts: From the New World. I didn't like it the first time I tried it, but this time I'm enjoying it for what is instead of hating because it wasn't what I thought it should be. I'm not taking it too seriously and just enjoying the goofy story and characters. I like the way there are lots of little side things you can do.

After this one, I'll think I'll finally get to Suikoden V.

#576 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:32 AM

Just finished my first playthrough of Subsistence in almost 4 years. Good stuff.

I need a new signature.

#577 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

Persona 4

Going through all of my Atlus games
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#578 caldazar

caldazar

RiderOnAPaleHorse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:24 AM

I still have most of my PS2 library (well, over all consoles/systems) to complete - currently I am playing Lego Star Wars 1, 2 and Lego Indiana Jones 1 with my son on the PS2 and having a lot of fun.

** Caldazar **

#579 dkfugate

dkfugate

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:01 PM

I'm just trying to complete games that have sequels out/coming out on PS3 so I can be rid of the console.

Just played through Shadow of the Colossus, Zone of the Enders, and am working on the Jak series.

(Okay no sequel to Jak or Zone of the Enders officially announced yet...but come on.)

#580 Fonz72

Fonz72

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:19 PM

Just picked up Kingdom Hearts on the Amazon sale. And a disc only copy of Gran Turisimo 3 from GS for $1.99! Hooked up the PS2 for the first time in two years!

#581 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:34 PM

I'm just trying to complete games that have sequels out/coming out on PS3 so I can be rid of the console.

Just played through Shadow of the Colossus, Zone of the Enders, and am working on the Jak series.

(Okay no sequel to Jak or Zone of the Enders officially announced yet...but come on.)

Sadly, I don't think we're ever going to see a ZOE sequel -- the fact is the game didn't sell well, and the first not being particularly good didn't help sales of the second one (which was much better).

It's Kojima's IP so the possibility exists but I see Konami probably pushing him towards reviving its own franchises such as the recently released Castlevania.

#582 ctrek3

ctrek3

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:32 PM

still playing ps2. 90 hours into p3 FES, and still have a while to go. tons of ps2 rpgs to play through still. thinking about just getting rid of some of them, just don't have the time
Posted Image

#583 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

Finally started playing Final Fantasy X-2. Not quite used to the lightning-fast battle system yet, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Still have about 20 games yet to be played.

#584 a wolf at fullmoon

a wolf at fullmoon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:40 PM

Playing Resident Evil: Outbreak. I stayed away from it because of the criticism it got, but even offline it's so much fun. Looking forward to unlocking Lone Wolf Mode though, those NPCs are pretty useless.

#585 satanicjesus

satanicjesus

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:47 AM

Currently playing Yakuza 2.

#586 Rollo

Rollo

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:30 AM

I still play my PS2 and enjoy it very much. I'd never dream of getting rid of it. It still has the absolute best library of games, in my opinion. I just finished playing God Hand and now I'm debating on whether I'm going to give Final Fantasy XII another chance or play Okami.

I've actually been stocking up on PS2 games that I missed or neglected to buy when they came out. It's nice that the games are all pretty cheap. I got 6 games for around 80 bucks a few weeks ago. Kind of sad, really, since my backlog of games was already shameful. Now it's just growing and growing.

#587 Baron O Hell

Baron O Hell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

What kind of setup are you using to play the PS2 games. They look like crap on my HDTV and I don't have a SDTV to use. I was thinking of using an emulator but I found I had to mess with the settings a lot and I could never get my playstation controller to work. On the other hand the games I tried did work and looked great. And these were store bought disk games not pirated crap.

Anyway I just want to know if there is someway I can make the games look good on a HDTV. I'm using a ps2 slim with a hdmi cable on a 42 inch samsung hdtv. The last game I tried was Dragon Quest 8. I couldn't make out faces, it was like someone hit them with bat. It just looked all around bad. I played the first few hours on a SDTV and it looked fine on that. Unfortunately I don't have the SDTV any more.

#588 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:37 PM

What kind of setup are you using to play the PS2 games. They look like crap on my HDTV and I don't have a SDTV to use. I was thinking of using an emulator but I found I had to mess with the settings a lot and I could never get my playstation controller to work. On the other hand the games I tried did work and looked great. And these were store bought disk games not pirated crap.

Anyway I just want to know if there is someway I can make the games look good on a HDTV. I'm using a ps2 slim with a hdmi cable on a 42 inch samsung hdtv. The last game I tried was Dragon Quest 8. I couldn't make out faces, it was like someone hit them with bat. It just looked all around bad. I played the first few hours on a SDTV and it looked fine on that. Unfortunately I don't have the SDTV any more.

I use a GameStop-branded Mad Catz universal component(red, green, blue) cable and the games look great on my 32-inch Dynex HDTV. Every pixel on the wrestlers in Fire Pro Wrestling Returns is clear and defined. Give a set of component cables a try and see if the picture quality improves.8-)8-)8-)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#589 Baron O Hell

Baron O Hell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

I use a GameStop-branded Mad Catz universal component(red, green, blue) cable and the games look great on my 32-inch Dynex HDTV. Every pixel on the wrestlers in Fire Pro Wrestling Returns is clear and defined. Give a set of component cables a try and see if the picture quality improves.8-)8-)8-)

I'll give it a try. I guess if it doesn't work I'll just be out a few dollars.

#590 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:54 AM

I just started RED DEAD REVOLVER for the first time last night. Good fun, and looks pretty decent on the HDTV w/ components.

Still working on GOD OF WAR, too. Oh, and DJ HERO (among other music games).

#591 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:55 PM

Sadly, I don't think we're ever going to see a ZOE sequel -- the fact is the game didn't sell well, and the first not being particularly good didn't help sales of the second one (which was much better).

It's Kojima's IP so the possibility exists but I see Konami probably pushing him towards reviving its own franchises such as the recently released Castlevania.

A current gen ZOE would be insane. There's not a single mech game out there that holds a candle to the concept and style to ZOE. Kojima mentioned making a 3rd one, and I'm hopeful -- because to be honest I'm incredibly sick of MGS. MGS4 kind of overstayed its welcome and every other game being released is damaging the franchises' reputation IMO. But instead of ZOE we get a Raiden spinoff -- yayyy....

I mean, no more ZOE means what? We don't see another cool mech game for how long?

UjCoyFa.png

#592 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:24 PM

Steel Battalion 2's coming, but who knows how that'll turn out with kinect controls.
Posted Image

#593 NeonSynth

NeonSynth

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:42 AM

I Love the PS2 System and I would never give it up and throw it away when I have played all the games that have sequels out on the PS3 the PS2 is the best console out there right now I mean yes its outdated these days thanks to wonderful engines in the 360 and PS3 but you also can not deny what came before it and some games still look new on the PS2 I myself have an HDTV as well and some of the games still look amazing but so on I will always play games on the PS2 even if I have the newer gens because that would be like forgetting the past and that is a dangerous thing to do!

#594 jngx80

jngx80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:12 AM

I have no idea why people covet this version? It's controls are insane and the game plays WAAAAAYYYYY to fast. I loved the original PSX ones but this one is a nightmare to control and target opponents. Wife wanted the game because she was a hardcore Twisted Metal player and even she couldn't tag an opponent. This is going to require more practice from both of us.

I feel the same way. I loved twisted metal 1 and 2 but I tried Black and gave up after 15 minutes. I tried picking it up again but my mind still hasn't changed. It's too fast, requiring you to drive around too much.

Found a copy of the Guy Game at GS. It's kind of fun but unfortunately the girls aren't pretty. Anyone holding onto a copy just to have it in your collection? Since this game was yanked off the shelves I wonder if it'll ever be a game that's rare and coveted.

Currently playing Blood Will Tell. It's just average - it's kind of neat to defeat the demon bosses and get rewarded with a human body part but the fights are kind of boring and the camera is crap.

#595 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

so im dusting off this thread just as i dusted off my PS2. i weeded through my games and im making realistic decisions about what games i really want to play and constructed a list. this isnt a bad idea either because between PS2, PS3, PSP, PC and 360 the backlog is becoming gross. so im trimming the fat selling the games im done with and finishing the games i havent completed yet. the only new games i plan on buying this year so far is Max Payne 3 and Witcher 2 so i really hope to end this PS2 madness by year end. here is said list of games i have/need to finish. in no particular order.

GTA Vice City Stories (played for a few hours)
Hitman Blood Money (few hours deep)
Ratchet and Clank (2 hours in)
God of War 2 (must be around half way)
FF12 (never played)
Persona 3 FES (few hours in probably one of my favorite rpgs)
Kingdom Hearts 2 (never played)
The Suffering: Ties that Bind (never played but loved the first game)
Gun (few hours in)
Yakuza (never played)
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
Sly Cooper 2
Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory

and there it is. my goal is to complete that list by the end of this year. then i'll tackle my much much shorter PSP list.
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#596 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

My backlog is way worse so don't feel too bad.

With the recent news on Silent Hill: Downpour, I was getting ready to reconnect the PS2 and start Silent Hill 3. I've been in more of a sell mode than a play mode as of late ( in fact I was thinking of switching out my copies of Max Payne 1 and 2 for the 360 editions).

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#597 bkjohns1

bkjohns1

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

I'm sure a lot of us still have a PS2 backlog. Its a great system.

Right now I am playing Rogue Galaxy, and I am planning on starting Yakuza.
bkjohns1.pngsig.gif
My goal for 2012 was to fund my gaming habit through reward sites which still continues on into 2014. You can read about my "journey" here.

#598 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:34 AM

so today i started Yakuza and im on chapter 3. so far im freakin loving this game cant believe i havent played it until now. i plan on powering through this game and hopefully be done by the weekend.
Posted Image

#599 bkjohns1

bkjohns1

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

I started Yakuza this weekend and got into Ch. 4. It reminds me of GTA and True Crime: LA. Very story heavy which is what I like.
bkjohns1.pngsig.gif
My goal for 2012 was to fund my gaming habit through reward sites which still continues on into 2014. You can read about my "journey" here.

#600 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

speaking of yakuza..........im near the end of chapter 10 and i wanna rip my face off. i love the story and even the brutal fighting but this one part is INSANE. the odds are completely against me. tons of guys (with guns) hardly any health and a shitty checkpoint. this is going to take some serious effort on my part to see this game through.
Posted Image