Photo
- - - - -

Anybody still playing PS2? What games are you playing?

• Please log in to reply
655 replies to this topic

#61 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:19 PM

Broke down and got more stuff. Convinced my very impressionable mom to pay for Jak 3, God of War, and Katamari Damacy (and a free shipping filler) as a Christmas gift. :bouncy: This BF tops last BF my so much. Last year all I got was The Orange Box on PC for $25. :lol: Staying up till 4AM was so worth it. I've turned this thread into a general PS2 topic like the one in the XBOX forum.

sig.gif

#62 PawnTakesKing

PawnTakesKing

The Analytical Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:02 AM

If you're into RPGs at all, I've heard great things about Odin Sphere. It's a Greatest Hits game so you should be able to find it pretty cheaply. I haven't played it myself, but it'll be my next pickup.
Posted Image

#63 williamspam91

williamspam91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:26 AM

Devil May Cry 4 = $60
Halo 3 =$40
Crackdown = $20

I saw Crackdown for 10 dollars at my GS today and DMC 4 is 13 bux on gamefly

#64 williamspam91

williamspam91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:29 AM

Broke down and got more stuff. Convinced my very impressionable mom to pay for Jak 3, God of War, and Katamari Damacy (and a free shipping filler) as a Christmas gift. :bouncy: This BF tops last BF my so much. Last year all I got was The Orange Box on PC for $25. :lol: Staying up till 4AM was so worth it. I've turned this thread into a general PS2 topic like the one in the XBOX forum.

awww. doode don't worry about it. once you can get a job the PS2 games just ROLL in! I got like at least 30 games for it.
Oh but just be sure you never spend above 10 dollars for any game. ( I didn't) to date the most I've spent for a ps2 game is probably... 20 for odin sphere(new) and 15 for Shadow of the Colossus(rare. :P)

#65 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:40 PM

fucking Jak 3 is only $5.95 today. :bomb:

sig.gif

#66 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:21 PM

I've played a bunch of random PS2 stuff at night recently. Eternal Poison, Dynasty Warriors 6, and Gran Turismo 4. I like GT4 and Eternal Poison seems to have potential. Stay far away from Dynasty Warriors 6.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#67 Wlogan31

Wlogan31

Economic Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:26 PM

I've been playing God of War II, Persona 3, and will be getting into Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories when it drops in a week or two...

Buy/Sell/Trade - Come on Down!: http://www.cheapassg...014#post1554014

PS3 Trophies

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Resident Evil 5   :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

#68 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:37 PM

I've got a bunch of PS2 games "open" right now: Wild ARMs 5 (in the final dungeon), Persona 3 FES (about 20 hours in), Dragon Quest VIII (about 30 hours in), and Final Fantasy X-2 (about 20 hours in). I tend to jump around a lot with JRPGs rather than finish one before starting another.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#69 Baron O Hell

Baron O Hell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

I restarted FF12 since I kind of forgot the story. Moving through a lot faster than before.

#70 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:40 PM

I am playing Persona 3 in anticipation for the 4th. Have like 400+ in credit at gamestop and have no idea what to buy.

Kamagii.png

#71 PawnTakesKing

PawnTakesKing

The Analytical Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:45 AM

God of War is $6.95 at Amazon today. I couldn't resist. I'm going to be very sad when my Prime trial runs out.
Posted Image

#72 aknowlesjr

aknowlesjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:28 AM

i'm playing dragon quest viii and ffxii. The PS2 is a great console.
Posted Image

A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself.

I'm haunted every day by regret upon regret and profound shame over what I've become.

#73 botticus

botticus

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:05 AM

I have finally dug into the PS2 [RPG] collection. Soul Nomad was completed after a year last week, and I've put a good 13 hours into Digital Devil Saga this weekend, awesome game.

#74 cruzfactor

cruzfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:43 PM

I'm currently playing Radiata Stories. I stopped playing Valkyrie Profile 2 for this game. I think it's a much better game than VP2. Much more enjoyable, except for the in-game timer...
"Even if it's free, you can always buy it cheaper."
-Rule 11, The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

Blog Blah Blah

Make time for this shameful referral banner:

Posted Image

#75 davegargamel

davegargamel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:10 AM

I'm currently rockin' Kingdom Hearts II. Every bit as fun as the first one in my opinion.

#76 PawnTakesKing

PawnTakesKing

The Analytical Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:01 AM

I'm currently rockin' Kingdom Hearts II. Every bit as fun as the first one in my opinion.

Heck yeah! Now you're speaking my language. Kingdom Hearts is probably my favorite video game series. I've got Re:Chain of Memories coming in two days...
Posted Image

#77 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:03 AM

Forgot to mention I broke down again and got God of War II when Amazon was offering it for $9.95. My LEGO Batman PS2 slimerer shipped to me yesterday, and thanks to a friend lending me their memory card until mine gets here, I was rockin' Twisted Metal Head On: Extra Twisted Edition's story mode yesterday and today. Although I'd much rather be playing Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, I'm very very scared to start playing it on one, a weeknight, and two, a week where I have a shitload of schoolwork. The MGS Essential Collection shipped to me on weekend where a 200 point project was due the following Monday, and I was playing MGS until 5PM on Sunday. :rofl:

sig.gif

#78 T3kN

T3kN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:29 AM

All I do is play my PS2.
Its the best Console out there.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#79 JJc14

JJc14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:38 PM

Dunno if it really counts, but I'm currently playing Star Ocean: The Second Story on my PS2, a PS1 game I snagged years ago but never finished. I've also gotten into a retro kick as of late running through Atari classics on Activision Anthology. With games getting more and more complex, it's nice to go back to the good ol' days every once in a while...

#80 GameBoyee

GameBoyee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:37 PM

I Just got my PS2 2 Months Ago At Microplay.Me,My brother and my sister love it.My brother Loves Harry Potter games,Ratchet and Klank up your arsenal,SEGA Genesis collection,ATV Offroad fury,SSX Tricky And Marvel ultimate alliance and NHL 2002 and viewtiful Joe

I Like:SSX,SSX Tricky,Bully,ATV Offroad Fury,NBA Street,Grand tursimo 3,Viewtiful joe,NHL 2002,

My sister loves:SSX Tricky And NHL 2002

#81 Sofa King Kool

Sofa King Kool

Is srsly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:37 AM

Got Killer 7 in a trade here on CAG about a year ago, and I finally put it in my PS2 for the first time two days ago. Great game. You have to be extremely patient with it at first, as it's a very unique game, but once you get the hang of it it's a blast. (Even though I can't follow the storyline for shit).

Posted Image

#82 williamspam91

williamspam91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:36 AM

I Just got my PS2 2 Months Ago At Microplay.Me,My brother and my sister love it.My brother Loves Harry Potter games,Ratchet and Klank up your arsenal,SEGA Genesis collection,ATV Offroad fury,SSX Tricky And Marvel ultimate alliance and NHL 2002 and viewtiful Joe

I Like:SSX,SSX Tricky,Bully,ATV Offroad Fury,NBA Street,Grand tursimo 3,Viewtiful joe,NHL 2002,

My sister loves:SSX Tricky And NHL 2002

all 3 of you need to play some God of War. :)

#83 shelisheli

shelisheli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:14 PM

I'm currently playing Radiata Stories. I stopped playing Valkyrie Profile 2 for this game. I think it's a much better game than VP2. Much more enjoyable, except for the in-game timer...

i LOVED Radiata Stories. I had to play it twice so i could play both sides.

I bought VP2 but couldnt get into it. same with Xenosaga. and Star Ocean : 2nd story... im having a rough time right now finding something to play. i was thinking of picking up the new Kingdom Hearts, but i read that it was just a makeover of the first just with a new battle system (using cards)

#84 neverletthem

neverletthem

is all out of gum.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:44 PM

I'm currently playing Persona 3 (A game I am deeply in love with, and have only been playing it for two hours) and God of War.

#85 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:59 PM

MGS2:S is awesome. As is Twisted Metal: Head On. :bouncy: Come Christmas I'm not sure I'll want to play my other PS2 games until I finish MGS2 and MGS3. Lego Batman didn't seem that great... it'll be pushed aside until at least I finish MGS2/MGS3/Katamari/TM.

sig.gif

#86 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:18 PM

I'm currently waiting on Persona 4 to arrive but I'm getting back to playing my PS2 games like Odin Sphere and stuff.
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#87 VAD3R or Fro

VAD3R or Fro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:42 AM

Im playing Okami again.

#88 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:18 AM

I play these more than any games throughout the year, Twisted Metal 1 and Resident Evil 1. Been playing TM1 a lot though recently since it was the best Christmas present ever and it takes place on Christmas :) Been thinking of starting Indigo Prophecy, the setting is good for Christmas time too.

#89 gunstarheroe

gunstarheroe

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:14 AM

Right now I'm playing Robotech Battlecry. Still Have a backlog of games to play on ps2.

#90 defiance_17

defiance_17

You're bastard people.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:39 AM

I just started Persona 3, and I've been kicking myself for waiting this long. Amazing game.
Posted Image