Photo
- - - - -

Anybody still playing PS2? What games are you playing?

• Please log in to reply
648 replies to this topic

#91 depascal22

depascal22

Daddy Fat Sacks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:55 PM

I still play Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, SF Alpha Anthology (2 most of the time), Arcana Heart, Tekken 5, Capcom vs SNK 2, and Guilty Gear X2. Can you tell I'm a big fighting game fan?

I'm also getting ready to start Okami, Metal Gear Solid 3, or Radiata Stories.

Are you going to play imports at all? There are many more quality fighters that never hit our shores.

#92 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:16 PM

Been putting in more time on Persona 3 lately, also still inching toward the end of Wild ARMs 5. With the release of Re:Chain of Memories, I decided to start up Kingdom Hearts to see what the series is about.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#93 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

Yesterday (and ongoing) I played DDR Supernova 2 (Japanese version). My kids have been playing Madden '07 a lot of late (they are 6 and 7) as well as Sly 2 and Klonoa 2 and I've dabbled a little in latter and plan to continue with it. I've got lots of stuff on the backlog to play. I'm partway through Shadow of the Colossus and need to get back into that - great game!

#94 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:53 PM

Are you going to play imports at all? There are many more quality fighters that never hit our shores.

You mean me? Not unless I can get a swap magic and I'm not much for fighters.

sig.gif

#95 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:49 PM

i'm still stuck on persona 3. i have been busy with school for the past few months so i couldn't get around to finishing it.

#96 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:15 PM

Started Suikoden V, but put it aside before I got to the good parts. I had read it was slow to start, but goodness gracious...

#97 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:03 AM

Right now I am working on Rockband and Guitar Hero Rock The 80's, I also just opened up Burnout Dominator.

#98 riddler

riddler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:06 PM

Gow I and II

#99 farfus

farfus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:21 PM

ps2 is still the console im putting any quality time into and currently im playing a rare horror game called Kuon. Im a big fan of the fatal frame series and this game has a lot of similar points yet is different and very fun! Been playing a few weeks. Ive played and beaten Dark Cloud 2, ZOE 2, Shadow Hearts 2, Drakan, Onimusha 3, and a few others this year, been fun!

#100 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:29 PM

should i wait till i get P3/P4 before i play P3 FES or should i just play FES?

P3 and P3 FES are the same game , FES is just the "complete" version of it. I would recommend (as its been recommend to me) to play P3 FES before you play P4. Both are great games but since P4 has some gameplay improvements over the P3 , it might be hard to go back and play the third game if you play the fourth game first.

On that note , I just started P3 FES myself. I almost done with the first month (April) and enjoying the game so far , even if its been taking some getting used to.

#101 Ryandb2

Ryandb2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:02 AM

I just started P3 FES today and played for almost the whole day. Rare that it happens. It also made me order P4. This is really a great game, glad I didn't miss it just because it is PS2. It also plays flawlessly on my 80GB PS3, no issues so far.

#102 rc18tbrushless

rc18tbrushless

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:42 AM

Gran Turismo 4 is a pretty good racing game, it got me familar with a lot of different cars from all around the world.

I play Call of Duty 2 online once in a while, I can't beleive there is still people playing it online. I played COD3 too and it is just as good but I never went out and bought it.

I've also got the first three Ratchet and Clank games, they were my favorite when I was younger but now I never play them anymore.

GTA games are awesome!!!

#103 joemoedee

joemoedee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

Anyone still playing on-line? What games are worth checking out? I assume Madden is still going well, what else?

#104 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:53 AM

^I dunno about online^
Is God of War supposed to be fun? I played it for about 10 minutes and wasn't having very much fun mashing buttons.

Jak 3 is okay I guess, need to play more to be sure. Fuck Daxter. When designing him they looked at Shadow the Hedgehoh, Crash Bandicoot, and Navi, and were like "We can top that".

Katamari is great.

sig.gif

#105 PawnTakesKing

PawnTakesKing

The Analytical Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:25 AM

Just started playing Shadow of the Colossus. I know I'll be flamed to death for saying this, but I think this game is vastly overhyped. I just beat my first two Colossi, and I'm thinking, "Is this all there is?" My retarded horse won't go where I want it to go half the time, the camera is horrible, and I'm sick of riding from point A to point B just to fight another boss without any adventuring/puzzling in between. It feels almost like a poor man's Zelda.

Does the gameplay change whatsoever after I get further into it, or is it pretty much this repetitive all the way through? I'm looking for a reason not to trade this in tomorrow.
Posted Image

#106 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:39 AM

ICO, sniper elite and persona 4 for me. ICO is a bit overhyped I think. The bad guys take like 5 minutes of run and pound (too long for this sytle of game). Partly fun but I wish I could just leave ICO I would get further. I just started and I am stuck after the first save point I fall down this wall and she can't follow there is a box on the other ledge I can move and some stairs behind a doorway that can't open for her to join me.

#107 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:10 PM

Just started playing Shadow of the Colossus. I know I'll be flamed to death for saying this, but I think this game is vastly overhyped. I just beat my first two Colossi, and I'm thinking, "Is this all there is?" My retarded horse won't go where I want it to go half the time, the camera is horrible, and I'm sick of riding from point A to point B just to fight another boss without any adventuring/puzzling in between. It feels almost like a poor man's Zelda.

Does the gameplay change whatsoever after I get further into it, or is it pretty much this repetitive all the way through? I'm looking for a reason not to trade this in tomorrow.

I agree with you there. I really have no idea why so many gamers cream themselves just mentioning the game. It was good, but not "best game I have ever played, I will never be the same after this" good. I say just keep playing. The last boss is pretty epic.

#108 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:31 PM

I agree with you there. I really have no idea why so many gamers cream themselves just mentioning the game. It was good, but not "best game I have ever played, I will never be the same after this" good. I say just keep playing. The last boss is pretty epic.

To me it was a case of it being just a great experience that everyone should check out. The sense of scale was amazing , and the soundtrack was great too. Totally fit the mood. The game really felt like an interactive movie at points. Sure the controls could be iffy at times , but to a point it added to the tense moments while fighting some of the battles. Plus as a game that really is at its simplest , a series of 16 boss fights , all but like 2 or 3 were fun and challenging to fight (boss 8 , the turtle , was probably the only one I never enjoyed).

#109 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:38 PM

Is God of War supposed to be fun? I played it for about 10 minutes and wasn't having very much fun mashing buttons.

The God of War games pump me up like no other. The gameplay may not be as refined as Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden but Kratos entertains me to a much higher degree than just about any other protagonist in videogaming. Mashing buttons won't get you through the whole game (well maybe on the lowest difficulty, I haven't tried that). Even if you can't push through the whole game, you have to at least play through the Hydra battle. You'll know it when you get there.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#110 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:39 PM

To me it was a case of it being just a great experience that everyone should check out. The sense of scale was amazing , and the soundtrack was great too. Totally fit the mood. The game really felt like an interactive movie at points. Sure the controls could be iffy at times , but to a point it added to the tense moments while fighting some of the battles. Plus as a game that really is at its simplest , a series of 16 boss fights , all but like 2 or 3 were fun and challenging to fight (boss 8 , the turtle , was probably the only one I never enjoyed).

Oh yeah no doubt it was a really good game. I'm just saying, it's over hyped up the ass. Some people think it's literally the greatest thing ever. It was a lot of fun, but it's not in my top games of all time list, or even in my top PS2 games list. But that's just me. I'm probably in the minority.

#111 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:13 AM

Shadow of the Colossus was probably my... I dunno, 4th favorite game of 2005 behind Splinter Cell : Chaos Theory, Resident Evil 4, and God of War. I remember playing it and wishing they had held off on it until the PS3 came out. The frame rate drops bothered me more than any gameplay issues.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#112 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:27 PM

I can't get enough Twisted Metal I guess. Since Twisted Metal Black has been GH and $20 for years and hasn't dropped at all to my knowledge, (outside of clearance maybe) I included it in my $10 World of Goo order to get FSS. Otherwise, WoG would be $15, which is the price I turned it down on from Steam. Meanwhile, SotC was $10, and GTA is really really cheap used.

sig.gif

#113 joemoedee

joemoedee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:39 PM

I just picked up Twisted Metal Black used, copy was in really good shape. Not a whole lot different than the early versions, which is good.
Posted Image

#114 gunstarheroe

gunstarheroe

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:18 AM

Right now I'm playing Musashi Samurai Legend. I just beat Hitman Blood Money.

#115 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:15 PM

I haven't finished it, but I really like Shadow of the Collosus. In fact I was pretty blown away by it. I just haven't had a lot of time to play it. It did take a little bit for me to get into it, but then it just clicked. There's something pretty incredible about the game. Something very unique and original about it. I love the atmosphere and the gameplay and it does get more challenging and fun as it goes. You're making me want to make the time to get back to it.

I have God of War 2 but only played it for, literally, like 2 minutes. I only tested it to make sure it worked. Seemed OK, I guess. I'm thinking it may not really be my cup of tea, but I'll give it some time when I get to it eventually.

Otherwise the main thing I play on PS2 is still DDR. Lately I'm playing DDR X, which I think is the best US release to date, aside from the awful announcer. I always turn the announcers off anyway, so not a big deal. Great DDR game if you like DDR, so pick it up if you haven't already. Cheap too!

#116 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:32 PM

I started Persona 3: FES and Dragonquest VIII over Christmas. Got rid of Dragonquest, and haven't played Persona since. I do like it, though. Too many other 360 games to play right now.

#117 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:52 AM

I'm playing Yakuza right now. I'm not sure what I'm going to play next, but I'll be playing ps2 for awhile until I get my ps3 fixed.

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#118 EDiddy0042

EDiddy0042

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:43 PM

Silent Hill 2 is a good creep-out game. The story is pretty complex though, so if you aren't one for a deep story, it's probably not for you.
Posted Image

#119 OldGreggi

OldGreggi

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

Right now I'm playing Mercenaries: World in Flames, GTA San Andreas, and Destroy All Humans 2. They're all really good sandboxy action games with good replayability.

#120 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

If you go in expecting the usual trappings of an action platformer (weapons of escalating intensity, enviornmental puzzles, cool gadgets) you're bound to be dissappointed.

SOTC is more of an experience then a game.