Photo
- - - - -

Anybody still playing PS2? What games are you playing?

• Please log in to reply
655 replies to this topic

#121 Mufasa

Mufasa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:18 AM

Just picked up Kingdom Hearts 2, God of War, and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater at gamestop's buy 2 get 1 free sale.

This is going to be my last run until I hit next gen, I hope to knock all of these out this semester, but we will see.
Posted Image

#122 Spoon_si

Spoon_si

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:26 AM

I was messing around w/ odin sphere (1 hell of an amazing game) & Wild arms 4. last month

for some reason I just can't get into it no more.. after playing w/ PS3 & 360 months on end... plus visual just looks plain nasty on a 42" wide screen LCD. I need to 20" flat tube TV w/ S-video input.
Trade List: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=213284
Updated: 02-03-09

Posted Image

#123 depascal22

depascal22

Daddy Fat Sacks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

Started playing Okami last weekend. Great great game. I'm still playing Arcana Heart, Street Fighter Alpha 2, and Capcom vs SNK 2.

#124 Sofa King Kool

Sofa King Kool

Is srsly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:17 PM

Need to sack up and get through Silent Hill 2...

Posted Image

#125 SierraNight

SierraNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:47 PM

I've been playing Persona 4. Awesome game. Also just got Ar Tonelico II w/ bonus RQ soundtrack, although I haven't even gotten around to playing the first one yet. Ah...backlog.
631261.png

#126 SilentSinr

SilentSinr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:53 AM

on the ps2 i mainly play DDR, and other rhythm games like Taiko, beatmania.
but its still a great system after all these years for survival horror fans, RPGs, and action games like god of war
Posted ImagePosted Image

#127 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:27 AM

I neglected to mention that I played Twisted Metal: Black, and it is nowhere close to the fun to be had in Twisted Metal: Head On: Extra Twisted Edition. I should have just got SotC or We ♥ Katamari. :-( I can't beat the first level, on pussy difficulty, with a friend in co-op! Fuck!

Opened Viewtiful Joe on Friday. Damn, great style. I know it's a button-masher at heart but playing one level at a time my hands didn't hurt that much and it involved some strategy. God of War may get a second chance, I haven't played it since Christmas.

I finally have the time to really play METAL GEAR SOLID 2: Substance. Wow. I didn't think I'd played that much but I'm already
Spoiler
Maybe I need another one of my METAL GEAR SOLID weekends. I beat MGS over a normal weekend, with President's day off I might be able to pull off beating MGS2. Although playing it on normal instead of very easy (IIRC that's what I played MGS on) could alter my playtime.

My next purchase will probably be Okami, followed by SotC or We ♥ Katamari. But first I'm finishing MGS2, MGS3, and VJ.

sig.gif

#128 Concealed Identity

Concealed Identity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:17 PM

I just got Sly Cooper 2 (never played any of them before), and I really like it. It still has some platform game staples that I hate (breaking stuff to collect coins is kinda annoying, and there is NO FUCKING WAY I'm collecting all 30 bottles in the level to unlock an ability), but it's a really fun game. The retarded hippo is kinda lame, but the other two characters are a bit more fun.

#129 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:31 PM

I just got Sly Cooper 2 (never played any of them before), and I really like it. It still has some platform game staples that I hate (breaking stuff to collect coins is kinda annoying, and there is NO FUCKING WAY I'm collecting all 30 bottles in the level to unlock an ability), but it's a really fun game. The retarded hippo is kinda lame, but the other two characters are a bit more fun.

You're fine. The abilities suck anyways. Mostly useless.

#130 Concealed Identity

Concealed Identity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:50 PM

You're fine. The abilities suck anyways. Mostly useless.

Nice one. I was pretty miffed when I was told I couldn't open a safe until I collected all of the bottles. Maybe I'm just a lazy(ass) gamer (new idea for a website?), because really I can't even be bothered to find all of the bottles using a FAQ, but I see it as a lazy way for programmers to artificially extend the gameplay of a game while only having to take one or two days to do it.

#131 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:33 AM

I pretty much spent the last 12 hours playing METAL GEAR SOLID 2. Problem is I kept getting discovered+game overs. That combined with breaks means I'm only on hour 7, and whne I started I was on hour 4 I think. Damn I suck. A great game so far, might surpass METAL GEAR SOLID as my favorite game ever. I just
Spoiler
, how far am I % wise?

sig.gif

#132 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:29 PM

You are very early. Maybe 1/3?

#133 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:56 PM

Yakuza has shipped to me through Goozex. I also added Okami and Yakuza 2.

#134 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:09 PM

You are very early. Maybe 1/3?

Yeah, I thought so. I hate how much that first part seemed like busywork.

sig.gif

#135 Concealed Identity

Concealed Identity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:57 PM

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned (search isn't working for me right now for some reason), but Mercenaries is a freaking great game. Still has the best explosions I've seen in a game, better than anything I've seen on the newer consoles even. I somehow accidentally deleted a bunch of my saved games, so I'm gonna play this one over. Same with Resident Evil 4 (my saved games didn't get deleted, but I'm at a part that's fairly early in the game with barely any ammo and figured I should maybe just start over).

I just ordered Black as well, since I've been craving some gunplay.

#136 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:19 PM

I just picked up Rogue Galaxy at CC. It's one of those supposedly good PS2 games I missed because it was unfortunate enough to come out when I was already in full next-gen mode. Looking forward to popping it in.

33126.png

#137 chimpian

chimpian

Now 10% more chimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:20 PM

it is a great time to grab a ps2 and ps2 games enjoy,
right now i am finishin gup my collection of ps2 games and looking hard to get stuff.
i am also playing smt: nocturne cool game, gonna take a while though. :)
vivat grendel

Posted Image

#138 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:13 PM

I just picked up Rogue Galaxy at CC. It's one of those supposedly good PS2 games I missed because it was unfortunate enough to come out when I was already in full next-gen mode. Looking forward to popping it in.

It's alright. Great character/art design. Fun voiceacting with a semi-predictable story path. The combat is very hands on but gets repetitive after while. The dungeons can grow stale after a while. I stopped playing because I wasn't having fun anymore. I give it an 8.0 ish.

#139 BostonCollegeFan

BostonCollegeFan

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:53 PM

I retired my PS2 last week. Made my sad, but it's going to enjoy console heaven with the DC in my room. I'll miss Frequency and Amplitude the most, but MLB Power Pro's was great and of course the MGS games.

I highly reccomend Frequency though to anyone who likes music games and want to see what we accomplished at HMX when we first started.

#140 Ronin317

Ronin317

The Yinzer Slayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

I can't put my PS2 to bed yet...because I'm grabbing SamSho anthology on March 10. I still have to play GoW, FFXII, and Rogue galaxy in my backlog.
Posted Image

#141 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:02 PM

It's alright. Great character/art design. Fun voiceacting with a semi-predictable story path. The combat is very hands on but gets repetitive after while. The dungeons can grow stale after a while. I stopped playing because I wasn't having fun anymore. I give it an 8.0 ish.

Thanks for the info. Probably worth the five bucks I paid for it then, even if I never finish it and it just ends up a pretty game on the shelf.

33126.png

#142 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:42 PM

Silhouette Mirage - fun old-school 2D platformer, they don't make imaginative games like this anymore.

#143 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:32 AM

Playing God of War 1, friggen hard. Gonna play GoW2 right after!
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#144 JJc14

JJc14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

Been chipping away at Dragonball Z Budokai 3, and even though the 'Dragon World' mode has a bare-bones presentation, it does bring back childhood memories of watching the TV show. Graphics top anything the first two games could do as well. Are the Tenkaichi games even worth playing after this?

#145 fizzywix

fizzywix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:29 PM

Currently trying to finish RE4 before 5 comes out.

Also, I've got some RPGs that I could only imagine having the time to play right now.
Star Ocean: Til the end of time
Rogue Galaxy
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Radiata Stories

#146 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:19 PM

Playing:
Culdcept
Tekken 5
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Resident Evil 4 (1st ps2 run through, like my 4th overall)

#147 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:45 AM

Jesus Friggen balls God of War 1 was hard... time for God of War 2
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#148 TruthinessFC

TruthinessFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:23 AM

Recently picked up Devil May Cry cheap.. so I'm just getting into that now. ...Yes, I've committed a lot of PS2 gaming sins, aren't I a terrible person?

Now Playing
:ps3: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
:pc: Dota 2, Diablo III: RoS, Heroes of the Storm

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

#149 TeeInMinny

TeeInMinny

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:45 AM

I have been playing my ps2 lateley to get my old school remake fix....Maximo, Neo Contra, and a Sega Genesis collection disc.

#150 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:47 PM

I have been playing my ps2 lateley to get my old school remake fix....Maximo, Neo Contra, and a Sega Genesis collection disc.

Yeah I beat Maximo Army of Zin last summer. Fun game, but I remember the first being hella hard (which caused me to only briefly play it.)