Photo
- - - - -

Wombat Related Comic Book Poll From Wombat

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you listen to Comic Book Podcast Hosted by Wombat?

Would you listen to Comic Book Podcast Hosted by Wombat?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 UltimoRey

UltimoRey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:42 AM

Excelsior! 'nuff said
Posted Image

#32 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:48 AM

Id listen depending on what comics you talk about. (not just marvel/dc superhero stuff).

#33 miyamotofreak

miyamotofreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:48 AM

Only if you finally reveal your secret identity .
I'll settle for a first name .

Starts with a S.

#34 Simon D I

Simon D I

www.GamerClash.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:38 AM

Hell yeah, fool, I'd listen to it!

As long as you cover plenty of Captain Britain and "the spot!"

shiiiiiiit!

#35 SolidSnake1125

SolidSnake1125

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:34 AM

where do you guys get your comics from? does anyone know of a good site and what series to start out with.

#36 HyperWrench

HyperWrench

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:37 PM

where do you guys get your comics from? does anyone know of a good site and what series to start out with.

I get my comics from my local comic shop, but for an online retailer I've heard positive things about Discount Comic Book Service http://www.dcbservice.com/
I 've never actually ordered anything so I'm not 100% on the service but word of mouth seems good. Amazon is a good place to pick up trades at a cheaper rate as well.

As of a comic podcast, I would definately listen. I loves me my funny books even more than my video games so maybe I'm a little biased.

#37 kyogensho

kyogensho

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:13 AM

from the cheap ass perspective... Barnes and Nobles hour is your best bet. If you want to try out some of the mainstream comics and have a little time to kill just pull up a chair at your local Barnes and read through a couple trades.

#38 TheToiletDuck

TheToiletDuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:46 AM

I'd love to hear it as part of the CAGcast, i don't read comics so wouldnt want to listen to a whole podcast on it, but always enjoy hearing the tidbits you mention on the cagcast.

#39 zerowing

zerowing

makiri ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:25 AM

If it was talking about current storylines and quick story backgrounds, yeah. I don't know enough of comics to know whats going on if you just have a general discussion.
Brawl Friend Code: 0860-2941-1088 PAUL

#40 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:08 AM

if you included stuff like graphic novels to i would be on it like well you get it.

#41 E*Master

E*Master

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:29 PM

I am so far behind in the comic book world. The only thing I still read is anthing by Garth Ennis and anything by Udon. So that is PRetty much anything Street fighter and The Punisher Max series. However I would definitley listen to the first episode and go from there. If you can get Garth Ennis as a guest I am so there!

#42 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:47 PM

I'd love to hear it as part of the CAGcast, i don't read comics so wouldnt want to listen to a whole podcast on it, but always enjoy hearing the tidbits you mention on the cagcast.

I would not want that at all. If it is relevant to the discussion then fine, but the CAGcast is supposed to be about games, that is what the "G" stands for, lol. Anyway, just like the forum has the OTT forum, there can also be off topic podcasts, like the one Wombat is proposing here.

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#43 GAMERMASTERMAN

GAMERMASTERMAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:06 PM

I'd love for wombat to do a comic book podcast.
I've tried to find one for a long time but never found one that I liked.
Most of em, the guys just sound to geeky for me, they remind me of the comic book guy from Simpsons.

Also, I'd like to hear you on a podcast without CheapyD. I thought u were great on the CAG Foreplay. It was nice to hear your opinions without CheapyD interupting you, trying to stay within 2 hours :)
Posted Image
Shipwreck-"They mess with my McDonalds little person set, they're gunna get a little person in the head."

#44 Del Far

Del Far

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:07 AM

Are you looking for Co-hosts/slave interns :-) all I buy now are comics.

#45 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:52 AM

Maybe. I don't read comic books but I do enjoy the storyarks and origins when people talk about them. I would personally like to listen to a nerd podcast where you talk about movies, comic books, TV shows, anime and everything else nerd related besides video games.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#46 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

Are you looking for Co-hosts/slave interns :-) all I buy now are comics.

I may take you up on that offer as my indie knowledge is lacking

#47 SeanNOLA

SeanNOLA

Ohwur? Mybur.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:13 PM

This fits in nicely with what I said on Blaine's "I'll pay..." thread; if we had another podcast that released on Wednesdays (perhaps the CAG Womcast) then the wait between CAGcasts would be more bearable, since we would be entertained 3 times a week.
It can be a comic-based podcast, sure. But I think CAGs are much more interested in a sitcom video podcast called "Life with the Wombats" starring Gary Coleman as Widdle Wombat...

#48 Trenchalicious

Trenchalicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:32 PM

Instead of just Comics, just do a show where you randomly talk about things that tickle your ass, like your job, politics, life, religion, hollywood, comics, and whatever else you feel like. Just have it be Wombat ranting and discussing life. Now that is a show I could sink my teeth into.
1 CENT AUCTION STARTS: XBOX 360 & DS Game @ My ebay auctions!

#49 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:39 PM

Instead of just Comics, just do a show where you randomly talk about things that tickle your ass, like your job, politics, life, religion, hollywood, comics, and whatever else you feel like. Just have it be Wombat ranting and discussing life. Now that is a show I could sink my teeth into.

for sure, im sold there.

As for a comic podcast, I would probably listen to the first episode and thats about it.
Posted Image

#50 OffTheWall16

OffTheWall16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:44 PM

yeah that seems like a very good idea
Posted Image
Currently Playing

:360:Modern Warfare 2 Assassins Creed II
:wii:Super Mario Galaxy SSBB

Want Free 360 Games? Click Below
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=241879

#51 Del Far

Del Far

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:03 AM

Very Cool, I do have an awesome Microphone if you do want a co-host, and I do have good experience with audio editing with audacity, since I already edit my own podcast, if your just looking for a slave intern. And I can always suggest series to read, I just borrowed this very cool comic called Ex-Machina, I highly enjoyed it, its about a superhero who winds up becoming mayor of NYC.

PS: Another Idea, having CAGs recording/writing their own reviews of comics they just read and play/read it on the podcast.

#52 VidPower

VidPower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2008 - 05:04 AM

I'd listen to Wombat talk about anything, even if it is something I don't care about.

I'm with you.

#53 The Question

The Question

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:56 PM

I would love the idea of CAGComCast, But I think your going to need 2 co-host or more CAG's to email in there thoughts each week. Not just so you can be lazy but so there can be a diverse opinion.

What if you start a poll each week in Podcast theard with all comics and brief description or a picture of next week comic releases like CAG Foreplay, then everyone can see what the community is reading or what the listeners wants to hear about.

I Would be happy to join Wombat army of slave interns.

#54 protojeff

protojeff

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:12 AM

Hells yeah! :)

Jeff

#55 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:01 AM

I wish I could be more into comics than I currently am but I don't know where to start!

Wombat I would listen, I love what you bring the CAGcast so I'm sure your own show would be awesome as well.

Would it hosted here? If you need help with anything I can be recruited!

1xz7eo.gif

#56 Chibi_Kaji

Chibi_Kaji

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:15 PM

I would check it out. For some reason I have recently gotten back into comics a little.
"People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children." - Bill Watterson

Posted Image

#57 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:21 PM

Sure, it's a good idea though i'm not really into comics (I prefer manga) but i'd definitely give it a listen.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#58 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:39 AM

I'd listen -- I used to listed to one but it was too long and about 1 hour of it was some guy laughing...

#59 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:18 AM

Ill only listen if you bash Superman and Cyclops...

What publishers would u cover? DC? Marvel? Dark Horse? Topps?

Would you cover games, movies, and other comic book media as well?

I'd volunteer to be a guest on the show.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#60 Wingwright

Wingwright

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:40 AM

I would definitely listen!

I've been out of comics for a while and have been meaning to get back into them, but I have no idea where to start. Hearing some awesome recommendations on your podcast would be very helpful.

Excelsior!!!