Contest (CAGcast #106) Win tickets to Wizard World LA - from WizardWorld.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a Marvel character i would choose Jean Grey because here super power are great including when she turn into the Phoenix either hero or when she was evil. I even have a Phoenix toy from the 90s.

I of course still like wolverine. Iceman was the one the hardest toys to find along with storm. Magneto is my favorite villain in Marvel series.

230px-Jeangre.png

I'm gonna go with Bucky/ Winter Soldier/ Captain America. Simply because his resurrection exceeded ALL of my expectations in originally wanting him to stay dead, to disbelief that Marvel would do something as fucking ridiculous as that, to accepting him as one of the most badass and well written characters currently right now in Marvel 616 Universe. Not to mention him as Captain America is something that basically isn't seen as just someone to replace Cap for time being until inevitable resurrection of original Cap, but as actually his own take with him taking the mantle.

So Bucky, simply because most developed character in such short span of time.

Iron-man. Next to Spidey, Iron-man is my #2. I love his origin tale and the whole premise of a hero who isn't born, but made. Post-civil war, being an Iron-man fan will get you a lot of flaming, but to hell with it.

Been out of comics for a good while now, but my favorite non Spidey/Wolverine Marvel character was always Havok (aka Alex Summers). Always thought he got short shrift, and the Meltdown Wolverine/Havok miniseries was awesome and continued the theme of Uncanny at the time.

daredevil.. or the punisher.. those two are my favorites.. I have a punisher skull shirt (like from the movie) and a leather jacket and I wander around prentending to be as cool as him..

I really like Captain America (Steve Rogers). I'm a fan of heroes in comics that have no super powers (which in this case might be debatable, but for the sake of arguement, let's just throw Cap in), especially when they're highly skilled in hand to hand combat. I like to think he's like Superman mentally and Batman physically. I haven't read the new Cap where Bucky takes over the mantle, so I can't comment on him.

My favorite is absolutely Storm.

She can call down the most powerful things to all her enemies and enemies of the X-men and it is deifnatly cool to see her levitate and just rain down (pun intended) pain on her enemies.

My favorite is Gambit

Guy is a pimp, charges objects with his hands, and of course throws those charged objects at villians =).

I would say Steve Rogers (Captain America) but he dead. And since WOmbat disqualified Spidey. I'm gonna have to go with a darkhorse (not the company) and say the heroic Green Lantern. One of my favorite 13 issue series ever. I'm a fan of Stumble-into-powers-and-not-know-what-to-do-Heroes.

My favorite Marvel character (s) are the first couple of the X-Men: Cyclops and Emma Frost. Cyclops has always been my favorite X-Men since I first watched the X-Men cartoon on Fox (my introduction to the XMen since I had no comic book stores where I grew up) and Emma has fantasied me because of her going from bad girl to good girl and landing the ultimate good guy. I have her entire prequel series in the 3 small trade books and it intrigued me even more.

Oh to have been a fly on the wall of their Savage Land vacation in Uncanny X-Men 495 ...

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Forsythe Pendleton Jones III aka Jughead; he likes to sleep eat, and can't pay his debts, the quintessential American archetype.
Jughead_jones.gif
[/quote]

well since the punisher did visit riverdale once...does that make riverdale part of 616 marvel?

as for my entry.

Deadpool is just great for all the 4th wall antics.

Honorable Mentions

Taskmaster, he's the more realistic character in the MU, "oh shit I have photographic reflexes, screw helping people, I'm off to make money!"

the 4channer in me wants to say Squirrel Girl

hell, Squirrel Girl has beaten Dr. Doom, Thanos and probably anyone they throw at her.

For me, the character "Darkhawk" from the early 1990's would have to be one of my obscure, favorite Marvel Characters.

That comic book was like a mix of "The Guyver", "Iron Man" and "Spider-Man" (with good ol' Spidey stopping by for guest appearances every now and then). I never got to read what happened to the character at the end of the series.

My favorite Marvel character has always been beast. I liked how he shows off his smarts and brute strength but isn't as flashy as the incredible hulk. He was an original X-men character too despite not being as blue (and furry).

I really loved Blink and Magneto in Professor X's shoes during whatever that story ark was. I also loved X Man for a while. I also was a big Gambit fan and would have loved to see him in the movies before those went to shit.

But for currently the only Marvel character I get into (I only read TPB now) seems to be Spidey.

My favorite was Cable. I was a huge X-Men/Factor/Force fan back in the day, I had a complete X-Force run from issue #1. I haven't collected for a long while now, and sold my entire collection (!) to my brother (for waaaay less than they were worth), but I still occasionally read them.

Cable was just a bad-ass. :) BFG's FTW!

250px-Cable-promo-image.jpg

[quote name='youruglyclone']well since the punisher did visit riverdale once...does that make riverdale part of 616 marvel?[/QUOTE]

No, I'm just a comic newb. I'm more into games, and a bit into sci-fi.

my favorite marvel charecter is and has been The Punisher. hes so bad ass especially now in the marvel MAX series, nothing is toned down, tons of blood , swearing and violence. cant wait the new punisher movie to drop later this year

The Thor is one of my favorite characters. Especially the newest re-vamp of the character where he's a crazy hippy activist.

My favorite Marvel character is Colossus. I think he is an over looked character that has so much power and potential. I was so happy that he was in the third X-Men movie, but it's too bad that he didn't get more screen time though.

colossus.jpg

I've got to go with Nightcrawler. It's all about the BAMF! my friends. Think about how many cool things people pulled off in a game like Portal, but you wouldn't actually have to "set" an exit point, the possibilities are only limited by your imagination.

[quote name='JMEPO']
mr-freeze.jpg
Deffinatley hands down MR FREEZE! cmon hes the best and we all know it[/quote]

That's DC dammit. Get yo shit correct.

Anyway, I gots to go with Luke Cage.

250px-Lukecage.PNG

Luke_cage1_2149.jpg
Can't go wrong with a mini-fro

373px-Luke_Cage.jpg

Peep the buckle...and the braggadocios quote.

Nightcrawler! My cuz and I thought he was the best xmen, nothing ever got him down, he was funny, good natured, and could get a hottie like kitty pride. I also liked that he was an outcast even with some other mutants cause of his looks. Oh, and you can't tell me you didn't want a nightcrawler plushy.

Cyclops because he's a leader, loyal, dependable, usually keeps his cool no matter what's going on. His optic blast is pretty powerful too.

Archangel (the one with metal wings) was pretty cool. His costume always caught my eye; too bad they never really found anything cool for him to do. The only instance I remember was in X-tinction agenda where he was pitted against wolverine. That splash page drawn by Jim Lee will be forever ingrained in my mind.

Am I the only one who kind of dislikes wolverine?

[quote name='jngx80']Cyclops because he's a leader, loyal, dependable, usually keeps his cool no matter what's going on. His optic blast is pretty powerful too.

Archangel (the one with metal wings) was pretty cool. His costume always caught my eye; too bad they never really found anything cool for him to do. The only instance I remember was in X-tinction agenda where he was pitted against wolverine. That splash page drawn by Jim Lee will be forever ingrained in my mind.

Am I the only one who kind of dislikes wolverine?[/quote]
No worries, I hate Wolverine too. I don't need him in at least 10 different Marvel titles a month, especially when he's a part of two or three X teams along with the Avengers.

I really like obscure B list characters in the Marvel universe. Sombody mention Darkhawk, who I love but I would have to say that Quasar is one of my favorite marvel character. Not the new one from Conquest. I was dissapointed when he was killed off in the Nova series (Annilation). His 50 issue run was some of the best cosmic series I read. He's the owner of the quantum bands and nominated as the protector of the universe. He can pretty much use the bands to do almost anything if he can just use his imagination. You might think he's a ripoff of Green Lantern but Quasar is way more interesting to me. Written by Mark Gruenwald, who wrote Captain America longer then anybody in history (Yes, even Kirby). Gruenwald loves using obscure characters in his books and also started the Marvel Universe Handbooks because he knows so much about the universe.

Darkhawk upgraded to a new armor and was actually turned into the darkhawk, instead of having his body replaced with an super android. Sadly, Marvel forgot or ignore all that and put him back in his old costume and throw his character with the Loners and Runaways.

Another character I like is Doctor Doom. The man took over the world and changed it back because he brainwashed the world, and thought it was a cheap bitter victory. So he gave Magneto his free will just to see if he can reassemble the Avengers to stop him.

Doom goes to hell every year to fight Mephisto for his mother's soul. And he challenge Doctor Strange to become the new Sorceror supreme, and used the contest as a smoke screen to get his mother's soul back from Mephistos, and got it back!

During the whole acts of vengence storyline, everytime doom fights or show up, is a doom bot. How badass is it that you just send look-alike robots to fight for you because you don't feel like it.

He stole the silver surfer, beyonder, tyrax, galactic's power

The man has diplomatic immunity.

He so badass, he put a hot metal mask on his face because Doom doesn't wait.

Got to go w/ Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat for the recent stuff they put her through. Made her a much better character. Plus she gets to keep Lockheed.

Does the Wombat announcement have to do with something about Wizard??

I was just in LA last week but live in NJ and haven't missed a Wizard World Philly since they started. Any chance in having WW Philly tickets or NYCC ticket giveaways in the future?? I'll have to get a picture with you at NYCC April 18-20 Wombat?.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back