Okay... I'll pay.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:34 PM

I'll pass on paying, thanks. I'm all for advertisements, but this is... Cheap... Ass... Gamer... not "pay for overpriced games gamer"
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#32 doraemonkerpal

doraemonkerpal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:44 PM

Netflix, Gamefly, Gametap, Live and Goozex? Maybe not all of them for everyone, but I bet you everyone pays for at least one.

I don't subscribe to any monthly/rental services you listed. :lol:

Well, to be honest, it's hard for people to be outraged about something once they know the facts. And it takes more effort to dig up facts than be outraged. ;)

Posted Image "Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf. I hate meatloaf."
:whee: http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/

#33 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:17 AM

If they did more shows, I'd get the feeling that they wouldn't have enough to talk about... I don't think I'd care to hear Cheapy's weather forecasts in Japan or hear about his run ins with Godzilla.

Not only that, but I think part of CheapyD's and Wombat's appeal is that they only interact on a limited basis, and that means that we get a really good show each week, instead of many mediocre ones through the week.

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#34 woejipums

woejipums

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:22 PM

Blaine, why don't you just start sending them a check every week. If you like what the guys are doing so much and have an interest in helping them improve, I am sure Cheapy could use a few extra bux to pay for the new servers.

#35 danny90044

danny90044

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:43 PM

Nope!
I din't pay for the computer I'm using, or the internet I'm using, so i'm sure I wouldn't pay for CAGcast.
But hey Mr. fatcat if you can afford it than that might be cool.

#36 siderealshift

siderealshift

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:47 PM

Maybe you can just pay Cheapy and Wombat to call you once a week. I'm sure they'll gladly accept the money. :D

Posted Image

#37 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:49 PM

This may be the first instance where i've seen someone go "Free? Nah, I want to pay for it. Take my money."

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#38 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:00 PM

I think they would run out of things to talk about pretty fast, also I don't think either of them have enough time to do one everyday or even more often. Just my 2 cents.

#39 Blaine

Blaine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:30 AM

This may be the first instance where i've seen someone go "Free? Nah, I want to pay for it. Take my money."

...I'm saying I think that paying them will help make a better CAGcast because they can devote themselves to it more. Not that the current CAGcast is worth $50, but that I think an improved and expanded CAG network would be.

Blaine, why don't you just start sending them a check every week. If you like what the guys are doing so much and have an interest in helping them improve, I am sure Cheapy could use a few extra bux to pay for the new servers.

'

If it were specifically something that I thought a solitary effort would accomplish - not that you know me but, don't you think I would?

It's probably not going to make a difference if one guy does it.

And again, running the risk of being a tool, it also doesn't matter for everyone that says "no".

If I say "I'll give $50, who's with me?" and 5 people say "no". Grand total = $50.
500 people say "no". Grand total = $50. 500 people says "no" and two other guys say "yes", Grand total = $150.

For this example a "no" doesn't offset a "yes".

To take the edge off of the assholeness, I do want to hear what people say. I am genuinely interested... just don't be too offended if I'm undeterred by the "no"s.

#40 H.Cornerstone

H.Cornerstone

LaserCannonDethSentence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:46 AM

I highly recommend Podcast BEYOND!

#41 soccerstud652

soccerstud652

J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:10 AM

Well, to answer the OP, I'd gladly pay for a daily show.
My eBay link.
I am PayPal verified and have 100% feedback since June 2004.

#42 HotShotX

HotShotX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:09 AM

As an Engineer, I've come across the following mantra when it comes to acquiring goods and services:

Cost
Time
Quality

You only get two of the three.

1. If you don't want to pay and get podcasts frequently, expect shitty podcasts.
2. If you don't want to pay and get awesome podcasts, expect them to take a while to make.
3. If you want awesome podcasts frequently, expect to pay for them.

Even though the CAG community could foot the bill, and let CheapyD & Wombat carry on quality and frequency, their supply of quality is finite and therefore cannot be increased with money. As many have also said, it goes against the purpose of the site.

~HotShotX

#43 SeanNOLA

SeanNOLA

Ohwur? Mybur.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:14 PM

I don't think it necessarily comes down to CAGs having to pay for Cheapy and Wombat to have more frequent podcasts. To be honest, if they tried, they would probably get burned out on eachother. One of the things that makes the podcasts work so well is that Cheapy and Wombat can't talk to one another very often, which gives them more to talk about on the podcasts. More frequent CAGcasts would mean less to talk about which may equal shorter or less interesting episodes.

I think a better solution would be to create another spinoff show, like Foreplay, for release on Wednesdays. That way, working stiffs like Blaine and I only have to go CAGless on tuesdays and thursdays. I'm sure there are some amateur podcasters out there on CAG that could make a smooth transition into a new CAGcast.

#44 Xrazor

Xrazor

AmericanPie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:24 PM

I dont pay for any of them >.> thats why i'm a "Cheap Ass" Gamer, I love the coupons and deals CAG gets me!
Posted Image
www.twitter.com/BeastFX - My Opinions:bomb:

#45 Jackal888

Jackal888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:00 PM

Let Advertisers pay. Advertisement would almost guarantee a weekly show on time. Contracts are binding and people want their monies worth. I rather have ads than pay to hear fart jokes.
Wombat "Someone told me to reboot my face!"
CheapyD "I am having a cucumber day!"

#46 SeanNOLA

SeanNOLA

Ohwur? Mybur.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:38 PM

Hey Blaine,
Thanks for the podcast list!

#47 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:46 PM

Goozex isn't a monthly service and I think I've bought trade credits exactly once...and immediately after that referrals kicked in and brought me up to 20 or so.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 souljah420

souljah420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:48 PM

blaine it looks like u wasted a good amount of time in this thread - why dont u just post more often and reply to everyone that flames you - that should make your time at work fly by
For Sale / For Trade List

#49 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:51 PM

Like fucking hell I'm paying. I think CAG is a great site in all, but there is no way that I'm going to be paying for the CAGcast. It's fun, a good time waster, but again, not worth $50. Don't get me wrong, I love the site, Cheapy is the man, but not $50. No, not $10. Oh, have I made myself clear: no payment for CAGcast. Zip - zero - zilch.

#50 Wlogan31

Wlogan31

Economic Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:11 PM

Alright. Educate me further.

CAG's are willing to pay for...? What?

Netflix, Gamefly, Gametap, Live and Goozex? Maybe not all of them for everyone, but I bet you everyone pays for at least one.

To me, being a CAG is about getting value for your money.

Agree w/ the value portion of your argument, but I do not pay for Netflix, Gamefly, Gametap, Live, Goozex, etc. NONE of that...

Buy/Sell/Trade - Come on Down!: http://www.cheapassg...014#post1554014

PS3 Trophies

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Resident Evil 5   :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

#51 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:17 PM

pay? no. i love Cheapy and Wombat but i pay enough for other stuff already. a podcast would be last on my list.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#52 Anthem

Anthem

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:24 AM

I love the CAGcast, but can't see me ever paying for it. Like others have already stated, other free podcasts dispense insider information and the like. Sure it's fair to say that people pay for other services, but that's not a valid response when it comes to "Hey, what's one more?"

I can see myself donating to CAG, and even participating in charity events, but no, not paying a subscription. I'm not sure if this is what Cheapy would want anyway, as a site owner myself, I feel as if actively visiting/digging a website, and spreading the word, is more than I could hope to ask for/expect from a community.

#53 Blaine

Blaine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:48 PM

I love the CAGcast, but can't see me ever paying for it. Like others have already stated, other free podcasts dispense insider information and the like. Sure it's fair to say that people pay for other services, but that's not a valid response when it comes to "Hey, what's one more?"

I can see myself donating to CAG, and even participating in charity events, but no, not paying a subscription. I'm not sure if this is what Cheapy would want anyway, as a site owner myself, I feel as if actively visiting/digging a website, and spreading the word, is more than I could hope to ask for/expect from a community.

And that's a fair point of view. I mean, I'm aware that in order for this to magically make this they're full time job would require a like 2,000 paid subscribers (assuming we wanna say $50k per is a good start considering they, like me, have a wonderful woman who makes more :)) which is an absurd proposition.

So what little spark could be started would only and can only work with what you've mentioned.

For starts it's a drop in a bucket but... It has to start someplace. It has to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now? *CUE THE MUSIC!!!*

#54 Alphant

Alphant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:56 PM

More podcast = shitty quality... how much do you think two guys have to talk about? As already stated here and many times Cheapy and Wombat already avoid talking to each other online. What's next?

The system is fine the way it is. Don't change it!
wattt

#55 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:48 AM

I would pay a small sum, but I think it might get boring doing podcasts more than once a week. I mean, imagine having to sit down for an hour every other day and talk about video games. It would just get old after a while. I think the CheapyD and Wombat might burn out on it after a while, and the show's quality would degrade; plus, I doubt they would have enough time.

I think its just fine the way it is. You can find plenty other video game podcasts (may I recommend GameZoneRadio) that are up to par with the CAGcast to fill in time in between.