Nerf Wii-Blaster - Zapper Alternative

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
wiimoteblasterog0.jpg

Larger Image

Hidden the depths of EA's financial report is this: A Nerf Wii-mote gun doohickey. It doubles as both an actual Nerf gun and a Wii-mote gun peripheral. Details are scant, but it looks like it's connected to EA's in-development title Nerf N-Strike, which we brought word of earlier. Would we buy this? Yes, yes we would.

http://kotaku.com/355806/wii+mote-gets-rad-nerf-blaster-peripheral

[quote name='topnotch97']so... it fires Wii-motes instead of styro foam bullets? LOL!!! :lol:[/quote]

You think Nerf will have a mail in order form for Wii-mote refill packs?! I always lost most of my darts :cry:

I admit I'm interested in this -- being able to use it as a Nerf gun when I'm not using it for Wii games is a plus IMO. :)

--R.J.

I'm sure if it was in all black, people would probably give it a chance. Too bad painting it all black would make it look like some sort of real gun.

What would be cool is if there was some type of shell that resembled the Time Crisis guns and provided feedback like the arcade.

Unless reviews come along and say the trigger is bad, I'm definitely buying this.
I don't know how some of you can overlook the coolness. A transforming gun that actually shoots stuff! So rad.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm wondering how good it is compared to the Nyko Perfect Shot.[/quote]

The nyko one looks way more cool.

Just a bump to mention that IGN has a "hands-on preview" article up. Apparently this gun is going to be bundled with a lightgun game that's being developed by EA Salt Lake. Overall, both the gun and the game sound pretty good.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/899/899072p1.html

Unfortunately, the bundle will cost $59.99. That strikes me as about $20 too high, but what do I know.

[quote name='option.iv']I'm sure if it was in all black, people would probably give it a chance. Too bad painting it all black would make it look like some sort of real gun.

What would be cool is if there was some type of shell that resembled the Time Crisis guns and provided feedback like the arcade.[/QUOTE]

what real gunsa re we talking about? Or do you just mean in general (i.e. orange tip for police).

[quote name='D. Monic']Unfortunately, the bundle will cost $59.99. That strikes me as about $20 too high, but what do I know.[/QUOTE]
I believe the Nerf gun will also be sold separately for $20.

--R.J.

As a point of clarification, I'm asking because I would like a blaster game where I wasn't shooting people (or animal-like things) in a lethal way. My wife and I really like playing link's crossbow training, but don't really want to expose our daughter to shooting people or animals for the fun of it.

And for the record, I'm not some PC freak. I just prefer to avoid my daughter having nightmares if possible.

A friend of mine is getting one of these at Xmas, when he gets his wii. I am also interested in how this thing is gonna perform. More than likely I will pick up a nyko perfect shot. the Wii zapper just feels odd.

looking at the gameplay vids, this game looks terrible. It looks even worse than an old PC nerf game from 10 years ago. Unless otherwise proven wrong by personal experience, I'd say the game ought to be free with the gun.

If you've ever played the on rail shooter minigame from Raving Rabbids, you've played this game. Just replace the plungers with Nerf darts and the rabbids with various robots with targets on them.

Its somewhat enjoyable and I could see kids having a blast with it. Its hard to find a game my nephew can point and shoot things with, for that reason alone it may be worth a pick up. I certainly am not going to sit down and play through it though.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Its somewhat enjoyable and I could see kids having a blast with it. Its hard to find a game my nephew can point and shoot things with, for that reason alone it may be worth a pick up.[/QUOTE]
Ghost Squad? Granted, it's got "gun violence," but the game is safe enough for kids to play at the local arcade/minigolf anyway.

But yeah, Nerf N-Strike is essentially Ghost Squad/Virtua Cop/House of the Dead for the younger set. Having a combination lightgun shell/Nerf gun is just a bonus. ;)

--R.J.

I got a chance to play this game a little while ago. I don't know what I was expecting from NERF...

Wii railshooters order of coolness:

HotD: Overkill
Ghost Squad
Wild West Guns
RE: Umbrella Chronicles
Link's Crossbow Training
Wii Play
NERF N-Strike
---Need to play---
RE: Darkside Chronicles
HotD 2 & 3
Target: Terror (for the lulz)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (2 and TV Party too?)
Ultimate Duck Hunting or some shit

pretty sure I saw the gun being clearanced out at Target. Think it was only 30% off as of now ($14) but possibly something to keep an eye on if it hits 75%...any impressions of just the shell?

-mattyp

[quote name='mattyp33']pretty sure I saw the gun being clearanced out at Target. Think it was only 30% off as of now ($14) but possibly something to keep an eye on if it hits 75%...any impressions of just the shell?

-mattyp[/QUOTE]

The gun itself was $14.99 retail and is being clearanced out at 10.48 at most Targets. I picked one up last week and I'm pretty impressed with it so far. So much so that I might pick up another one or two if they go down again. It only comes with 3 darts though, and they get banged up quickly. Other than that it's a very sturdy accessory and functions well with the on-rails shooters. I've never played the Nerf game, though.

I got it on clearance about $10.48 and returned my original one that was around $14. My son played with it a little I got him the wii nerf game new for $5 one day at Target.

bread's done
Back