Nerf Wii-Blaster - Zapper Alternative

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 rjung

rjung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:14 PM

Its somewhat enjoyable and I could see kids having a blast with it. Its hard to find a game my nephew can point and shoot things with, for that reason alone it may be worth a pick up.

Ghost Squad? Granted, it's got "gun violence," but the game is safe enough for kids to play at the local arcade/minigolf anyway.

But yeah, Nerf N-Strike is essentially Ghost Squad/Virtua Cop/House of the Dead for the younger set. Having a combination lightgun shell/Nerf gun is just a bonus. ;)

--R.J.

#32 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:39 PM

So, any hands-on reviews yet? I don't want this game is completely terrible, but if it is like the rabbids shooters I will be all over it.

#33 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:04 AM

Anybody tried this game yet?
Smile

#34 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:01 AM

I got a chance to play this game a little while ago. I don't know what I was expecting from NERF...

Wii railshooters order of coolness:

HotD: Overkill
Ghost Squad
Wild West Guns
RE: Umbrella Chronicles
Link's Crossbow Training
Wii Play
NERF N-Strike
---Need to play---
RE: Darkside Chronicles
HotD 2 & 3
Target: Terror (for the lulz)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (2 and TV Party too?)
Ultimate Duck Hunting or some shit

sig.gif

#35 mattyp33

mattyp33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

pretty sure I saw the gun being clearanced out at Target. Think it was only 30% off as of now ($14) but possibly something to keep an eye on if it hits 75%...any impressions of just the shell?

-mattyp

#36 D. Monic

D. Monic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:52 PM

Nerf 2: N-Strike Elite was just announced today.

http://kotaku.com/53...e nerfs-the-wii

Here's the important info:

Set for a fall release, the new game comes with a new blaster - the NERF Switch Shot EX-3. New to the weapon is a NERF decoder scope, which reveals hidden elements when the screen is viewed through its ruby-red lens.

#37 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:24 PM

pretty sure I saw the gun being clearanced out at Target. Think it was only 30% off as of now ($14) but possibly something to keep an eye on if it hits 75%...any impressions of just the shell?

-mattyp

The gun itself was $14.99 retail and is being clearanced out at 10.48 at most Targets. I picked one up last week and I'm pretty impressed with it so far. So much so that I might pick up another one or two if they go down again. It only comes with 3 darts though, and they get banged up quickly. Other than that it's a very sturdy accessory and functions well with the on-rails shooters. I've never played the Nerf game, though.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#38 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:58 PM

I got it on clearance about $10.48 and returned my original one that was around $14. My son played with it a little I got him the wii nerf game new for $5 one day at Target.
Smile