63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#62 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

I love CAG and CheapyD... but guys, c'mon.

The 360 podcast is great. It's the only other one I listen to on a consistent basis. Quit being so mad that they talked about Cheapy and calm the hell down.

it could be great if they all act their age and become more professional. IGN is an established presence in this industry so they should be careful in bashing other people. they are being immature. they need to listen to that cagcast again and humiliate themselves.

hilary said "who's cheapy d?"

its funny that you mention this. but the last i recall, people look are other peoples game review. but they dont look at their names or even gives a shit on whos reviewing what. so whos hilary again?

#63 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:49 PM

its funny that you mention this. but the last i recall, people look are other peoples game review. but they dont look at their names or even gives a shit on whos reviewing what. so whos hilary again?

he's one of the most hated reviewers on IGN, it's pretty funny how much he gets flamed whenever he reviews a new game :lol:
63362.png
Blog | Twitter

#64 XTommyDonX

XTommyDonX

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:56 PM

Their smart-mouth attitude is definately one of the reasons for their comments being more offensive. They show almost no respect for CAG and other sites. This is because they think so highly of themselves on their fake radio show with no quality whatsoever. They call themselves "professionals" yet they act completely childish, even compared to other IGN podcasts, such as Wii-k in review.

#65 InuFaye

InuFaye

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:08 PM

lol internetz.

#66 It'sMagneto

It'sMagneto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:09 PM

lol Ign.

#67 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:11 PM

DVD players and discs were selling like hotcakes when they came out, people were eager to move on from VHS. That isn't happening today, and those numbers support that conclusion.

The first year DVDs and DVD players were available in the US, 1997, they sold 2 million discs. The next year, they sold 7.2 million discs. By the time the PS2 had come out in 2000, 8.5 million DVD players had already been sold, most of them costing more than a grand a piece. This is what I call a "driving force" that propelled PS2 (which cost less than standalone DVD players at the time). Blu-Ray is simply not catching on at anywhere near the same rate that DVD did.

So yes, drop in the bucket. Its clearly not doing for the PS3 anything like what DVD did for the PS2. If anything, its PS3 thats helping the Blu-Ray format, which doesn't say much for how they're doing.

It didn't help that they had to fight a battle at retail with HD-DVD, whereas DVD had no competitor, unless you count Laserdisc, which no one ever does. HDTV adoption rates in the US are lagging and HD movie buyers are a subset of HDTV owners. Subscription movie services, legal and illegal movie downloads and copies are all taking a bite out of the pie from Blu-Ray. There's no way that Blu-Ray will ever come close to the success that DVD was. I can't think of any consumer electronics technology that has caught on and grown as fast.

#68 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:48 PM

Wow, an inter-feud. Boring, who cares. I don't go to IGN anymore since they were bought out by Fox/Rupert Murdoch. They've turned into crap for a long time. I urge anyone with common sense to boycott everything Fox/Mudorch related

They were bought by News Corporation of which Murdoch is the chairman and CEO. Fox, 20th Century Fox and it's relations are also owned by NWS, but Fox does not own IGN, just as it doesn't own Barrons, Harper Collins, TV Guide or other NWS holdings.

But have fun, boycott if it makes you feel good.
gwensigol8.png

#69 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:29 PM

This just in... CAGs have no sense of humor and are more sensative than a bunch of 13 year old girls on their first period.

I mean really people. As one poster said, it was clearly tongue in cheek. (And actually even if it was unintentional, it is a funny comment on the last couple of Cagcasts where some posters accused Cheapy of the same thing).

Also, Didn't Cheapy do the same a while back by comparing alexa results with some podcast that called him out? I like the CAGcast, I like the IGN podcasts but let's face it, neither have a monoply on maturity or are above name-calling.

#70 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:39 PM

Just listened to the clip and I'd have to agree that the guy was just joking around. Seems like his schtick is being upset at stuff and it was clearly only read to get him to respond in this way.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#71 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:58 PM

Just listened to the clip and I'd have to agree that the guy was just joking around. Seems like his schtick is being upset at stuff and it was clearly only read to get him to respond in this way.

Yep, it's just Hilary being Hilary. He's a jerk, but in a light-hearted way.

#72 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:49 AM

It didn't help that they had to fight a battle at retail with HD-DVD, whereas DVD had no competitor, unless you count Laserdisc, which no one ever does. HDTV adoption rates in the US are lagging and HD movie buyers are a subset of HDTV owners. Subscription movie services, legal and illegal movie downloads and copies are all taking a bite out of the pie from Blu-Ray. There's no way that Blu-Ray will ever come close to the success that DVD was. I can't think of any consumer electronics technology that has caught on and grown as fast.

All true. I'm not criticizing Blu-Ray as much as I'm trying to point out that DVD was a sales phenomenon that we might not see again.

#73 H.Cornerstone

H.Cornerstone

LaserCannonDethSentence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:54 AM

Even if it is tongue and cheek, I never liked hilary, and never will. and agree with Cheapy, while Blu-ray is a selling point of the PS3, it's nothing more than a feature. What will drive the sale of the PS3 will be it's exclusives, such as MGS 4 and Little Big Planet. Exclusives are always the system selling points of a system, always will be.

#74 firehawk12

firehawk12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:12 AM

I thought this was just like when CheapyD and Wombat were joking about the PA guys eating each other's shit. It was just a joke - they also made a 1up joke about James Milke, new EIC of 1up "Video Games".

Besides, they call their podcast Three Red Lights and use a bell they call Jeff Bell, so really...

#75 PawnTakesKing

PawnTakesKing

The Analytical Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:25 AM

Geez, someone makes one off-the-cuff comment about Cheapy and the whole site goes up in arms.

Fact: Hilary Goldstein is a dick. Anyone who listens to the IGN podcasts on a regular basis knows this. It's how he copes with having a girl's name. However, part of his whole character is making a lot of sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek comments just to get listeners riled up. Sadly, 95% of everyone here seems to have taken the bait. Hilary's probably laughing his ass off at how many of you he got to download and listen to the Three Red Lights podcast.

I'm as anxious to hear Cheapy's response as the next guy, but some of you take the internetz way too seriously.
Posted Image

#76 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:11 AM

99.9% of all podcasts suck.

IGN as a website sucks and the IGN insider pay for free information sucks to.
Do not support IGN. I will not waste my time listening to a stupid IGN podcast.
Maybe IGNs podcast needs more hits and are trying to get cags to come and help them out?

I will wait until the next Cagcast is uploaded to hear about it.

Cagcast = Awesome.

#77 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:32 AM

Lighten up guys. As his fellow IGN editors stated themselves, that is Hillary being Hillary. The "To Catch An Editor" Podcast stated directly that riling up people and being an ass is perhaps how Hillary makes up for his name. That's people that work with him day in, day out.

#78 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:35 AM

Lighten up guys. As his fellow IGN editors stated themselves, that is Hillary being Hillary. The "To Catch An Editor" Podcast stated directly that riling up people and being an ass is perhaps how Hillary makes up for his name. That's people that work with him day in, day out.

Ass or not, can anyone clear up whether or not he invited Cheapy onto the IGN podcast?

#79 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:42 AM

Ass or not, can anyone clear up whether or not he invited Cheapy onto the IGN podcast?

Yes, he did. Initially, he stated he'd come on the CAGcast and then added he'd contact Cheapy or Cheapy could contact them and they'd be happy to have him on.

I finally listened to it. This was clearly Hillary being Hillary. Stand down CAGs. Not that big of a deal. He's an editor who knows how to troll and piss people off. I rather enjoy his personality on the podcasts.

#80 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:51 AM

Who or what is a Hillary Goldstein? Also why is she a dick? I don't follow these podcasts at all.

#81 InuFaye

InuFaye

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:20 AM

He was just being a dick, I laugh at everyone who went up in arms about this.

Its a joke people.

Jesus lighten up.

#82 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:59 AM

Everyone who says "She" about Hilary makes me laugh a lot.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#83 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:17 AM

Yes, he did. Initially, he stated he'd come on the CAGcast and then added he'd contact Cheapy or Cheapy could contact them and they'd be happy to have him on.

I finally listened to it. This was clearly Hillary being Hillary. Stand down CAGs. Not that big of a deal. He's an editor who knows how to troll and piss people off. I rather enjoy his personality on the podcasts.

I still think Cheapy should go on. Publicity ++

#84 Xenomorph52

Xenomorph52

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:25 AM

it could be great if they all act their age and become more professional. IGN is an established presence in this industry so they should be careful in bashing other people. they are being immature. they need to listen to that cagcast again and humiliate themselves.

Immature? I don't recall IGN having a ten minute segment about how they almost shit their pants once. Though I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Both shows are immature, and it's awesome. I'd clip the actual part where they mentioned CAG, but I'm about to fall asleep as I type this. When they "called out" Cheapy D they weren't serious. Learn to take some jokes, sirs.

Oh, and Cheapy needs to take them up on their offer. That'd be great.

#85 Nixon's Revenge

Nixon's Revenge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:41 AM

Up until this was posted, I had no idea who Hilary was or that IGN even had a 360 podcast.

Gotta agree with Cheapy on the latest episode as well, must have been a bitch growing up with a girl's name.

#86 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:14 AM

lol internetz.

seriuz bizzness
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#87 threesixeight

threesixeight

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:04 PM

Ah man, where to begin. I wonder how many of the people who complained about IGN not bothering to listen to Cheapy bothered to listen to an episode of Three Red Lights? Listen to just one and you'll see that Hilary was just joking around to be an ass. They don't take themselves seriously and never have. As someone else pointed out at the end of each show they apologise to there listeners for making another terrible podcast. All the people jumping up and down about this need to relax, don't take them seriously because they don't even take themselves seriously. Even the PA rant done by Hilary (as Rob the Robot) was just him being a douche to be funny, so chill.

And the guy who said "Who's CheapyD?" wasn't Hilary, it was Nate Ahearn, the most annoying guy on any podcast anywhere.

#88 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:31 PM

I added the clip to the OP for easy reference.

#89 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:39 PM

I added the clip to the OP for easy reference.

i heard the clip, i hate when unfunny people try to be funny.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter

#90 vanilla_shakin_it

vanilla_shakin_it

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:46 PM

Who or what is a Hillary Goldstein? Also why is she a dick? I don't follow these podcasts at all.

Oh I get it...cuz it's a guy but you said she...