CAGcast #107: Caring and Sharing

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#91 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:47 AM

I never changed the file in the rss feed.

#92 LittleWildman

LittleWildman

I R Drummer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:59 AM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, I've already posted something like this on the CAGbag but I wanted to know your opinion.

What do you think of this design of the DS. It's a fake but it's still worth your opinion.

Posted Image

Thanks guys, hope to hear a reply.
Posted Image

#93 BladeZ

BladeZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:49 AM

Can we get through one episode without mentioning Apache Chief? PLEASE?

Cheapy - I also remember going to the arcade at Penn station. Yes, it was shady as hell. I loved bringing my long island MKII or SFII skills to the city and see how they stack up (usually pretty good!). I also recall that there was massive EMI on the game monitors due to them being stacked so close to each other. Therefore while every game played ok, the colors were a fruity rainbow of fruit flavor!

#94 Cursor

Cursor

Livin' a CAG paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:44 AM

Very odd...I don't believe I did anything different this time around.

It is, you're right. I just can't understand why it's only happening with the CAGcast and not with other audio (or video) podcasts. I listen to other podcasts that are enigneered on a Mac and they don't do this...

Well here't to hoping that the next CAGcast doesn't kill my Zune...

Thanks for working with us to try to fix it... even if we didn't.

#95 Jackal888

Jackal888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

Grimaldi's Pizzeria is my favorite in New York as a whole but no slices. Two Boots is cool for different toppings. Lombardi's is the best in Manhattan.Joe's Pizza at Bleecker is good in the Village. Patsy's is not my favorite.

Wombat I see what you were doing with your allusions towards our discussion about Game scores.It was subtle yet there. WEll if you check Newsweek's Level Up Blog. Dan Hsu speeaks on the subject and he ends our discussion thusly:

What was the reasoning behind the switch to letter grades for reviews? Are you concerned that gamers who've been accustomed to numerical scores, which are widely deployed across multiple outlets including the now-industry standard Metacritic and Gamerankings scores, will be confused or put off by your new system?
We switched to letter grades because we felt that it'd be more universally understood than our previous numeric scale. You see, in the past, we insisted on using the entire 0-10 range, with 5 being in the middle, rather than an "8-10 is good, everything below that is bad" scale most other outlets seem to use. But just because we insisted on it didn't mean all our readers bought into it. So while a 7 meant "not bad, still good" to us, it looked like it was on the verge of failing to some in our audience. We tried it for a few years and decided it wasn't working, so we switched to a letter-grading scale that we knew would be crystal clear to everyone.
The press release states that all previous reviews will be converted from numerical scores to letter grades; can you share with us the conversion chart, i.e. which letter grades will correspond to which review scores on a ten-point scale?
We're not publicizing the conversion scale because we want our readers to go with our new scoring system and not be constantly translating the new letters back to our old scores. We also don't want our reviewers to be thinking about how they translate. It's just easier for us to have everyone move forward and accept the new ratings. But most people can figure it out. Our old "average" in the 5 range roughly translates to the C letter grades (with plusses and minuses), for example.
Wombat "Someone told me to reboot my face!"
CheapyD "I am having a cucumber day!"

#96 JoeX111

JoeX111

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:38 PM

I think you hit the nail on the head in this show Cheapy when you said “People listen to the show to hear what I have to say.” I just finished a marathon session of several missed CAGcasts in a row and it seems like every show now begins with the obligatory “20-minutes of Cheapy defending his stance on some arbitrary topic.” Unless you have been horribly misrepresented and received an incredible amount of backlash from the community, I think you should forgo the constant backpeddling and tell the naysayers to just deal with it. You shouldn't have to defend yourself all the time when they are the ones tuning in to hear your opinions.

#97 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:07 PM

Finally listened to this, and really only one thing. Wombat-Missions in DMC4 do not take an hour, they're more around 20mins. There really is no need for a save point in a mission.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#98 LittleWildman

LittleWildman

I R Drummer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:49 PM

Finally listened to this, and really only one thing. Wombat-Missions in DMC4 do not take an hour, they're more around 20mins. There really is no need for a save point in a mission.

Are you playing it on Human mode?
Posted Image

#99 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:26 PM

Are you playing it on Human mode?

Going through Son of Sparda right now actually.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#100 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:51 AM

My 80gb Zune would crash when i tried to play it. I deleted & re-downloaded and it was fine. I think it was a ploy by cheapy to get us all to want Ipod Touches.

Poor Hilary, that guy must have been a walking punching bag as a kid. It would be priceless if you did go to where they do their podcasts, and when they go to introduce you to him, look at the first girl you see and say 'Pleased to meet you Hilary'.

I thought it was very comical that you have people on here calling you a 360 fanboy, and then people in other places calling you a PS3 fanboy.

538822.png

#101 Anthem

Anthem

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:08 AM

Another fantastic episode to get me through Geometry class.

#102 insideacube

insideacube

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:37 AM

i sortof agree with that person that said about cheapyD talking about wombats wife it was pretty funny but wombat is really nice and i dont think he deserves that so often if these jokes toweards him were rare itd be funny...but after a while it just makes you CheapyD look mean =(