The Yes We CAG Movement - Now to win the Presidency!

fullmetalfan720

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
EDIT: 5/7/08 After last night, most of the media is saying that Obama is the nominee! :whee:
Now, it is time to support Obama in the general election against McCain.

CAGs for Barack Obama. Who's with me?

Cheapy said this thread was okay so...

SenBarackObama.jpg

YES WE CAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to take this time to endorse Barck Obama. I fully support his bid for candidacy for President of the United States.

Thank You.

Barack Obama doesn't say shit in his speeches, all he does is repeat the same lines like the fucking Bob the Builder.

lol, I'm just a pissed off Edwards supporter, he would have been the best president out of the group...and if not him, maybe Dodd, Biden, or Richardson.

Oh well, Clinton/Edwards 08 now. :D Health care's big to me, and Obama will only have universal for children. And BTW, I have family in Ireland, and they said everyone there's for Clinton.

And, oh yeah, all of that bullshit that Obama's been spewing about "partisan politics" is unfair, especially if he goes in against McCain in the general. Obama has a clear, unwavering liberal voting record, while McCain- who will be painted as part of "Old" Washington in the general- actually has been doing what Obama says he will do, which is reach across the table and compromise, his whole life. Obama only looks and acts the part- McCain has been straight talking for his whole life, and almost never spins the truth.

People need to start looking into Obama. There's little substance. And while Clinton is obviously a nerdy, spreadsheet woman, she'll come through and get us universal health care (this time). I think Obama's a very good senator- hell, the more liberals the better- but not a president, at least yet.

[quote name='Simon D I']
uscag.jpg

...and WOMBAT for SECRETARY OF STATE

and here's a SIGNATURE FRIENDLY one

casusabanner.jpg
[/QUOTE]

No, Wombat is the Secretary of the Interior. :lol:

[quote name='Unickuta']Barack Obama doesn't say shit in his speeches, all he does is repeat the same lines like the fucking Bob the Builder.

lol, I'm just a pissed off Edwards supporter, he would have been the best president out of the group...and if not him, maybe Dodd, Biden, or Richardson.

Oh well, Clinton/Edwards 08 now. :D Health care's big to me, and Obama will only have universal for children. And BTW, I have family in Ireland, and they said everyone there's for Clinton.

And, oh yeah, all of that bullshit that Obama's been spewing about "partisan politics" is unfair, especially if he goes in against McCain in the general. Obama has a clear, unwavering liberal voting record, while McCain- who will be painted as part of "Old" Washington in the general- actually has been doing what Obama says he will do, which is reach across the table and compromise, his whole life. Obama only looks and acts the part- McCain has been straight talking for his whole life, and almost never spins the truth.

People need to start looking into Obama. There's little substance. And while Clinton is obviously a nerdy, spreadsheet woman, she'll come through and get us universal health care (this time). I think Obama's a very good senator- hell, the more liberals the better- but not a president, at least yet.[/QUOTE]

Stop threadcrapping.

Yes We Can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']Stop threadcrapping.

Yes We Can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

This is the kind of mindless following that Obama's getting. Sounds like a bunch of fucking preschoolers watching Bob the Builder.

[quote name='Unickuta']This is the kind of mindless following that Obama's getting. Sounds like a bunch of fucking preschoolers watching Bob the Builder.[/QUOTE]

OH NOEZ

teh different opinions and views

how dare we

[quote name='Unickuta']This is the kind of mindless following that Obama's getting. Sounds like a bunch of fucking preschoolers watching Bob the Builder.[/quote]

If you don't like Obama get out of the thread. Make some shitty Hillary thread.

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']If you don't like Obama get out of the thread. Make some shitty Hillary thread.[/QUOTE]

more like

HillaryClinton.gif

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']If you don't like Obama get out of the thread. Make some shitty Hillary thread.[/quote]

I like Obama a lot, I just don't think he should be president. Hell, I like him more than Hilary, but Obama doesn't have a universal health care plan.

Remember what happened when people voted on likability in 2000?

[quote name='Unickuta']This is the kind of mindless following that Obama's getting. Sounds like a bunch of fucking preschoolers watching Bob the Builder.[/quote]

If you haven't noticed, we've had that for the past 8 years with Bush:
"You're either an American and for the war, or you're a terrorist."

But let's discuss it anyway: What would you consider an intelligent following of Obama? Because yes, the thread is simply more of a jubilation of our support for the guy, but not our entire belief that he'll do the best job as President. We get THAT part from reading about his policies, comparing it to the policies and backgrounds of the other candidates, and then selecting him as the best candidate for the job anyway, given our options.

Bear in mind, that just like every other American in this country, we are not political experts just because we get involved with politics for maybe 6-12 months every 4 years. We'll also keep the discussion limited as that isn't the point of the thread.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']

But let's discuss it anyway: What would you consider an intelligent following of Obama?[/quote]

People who look at his policies and all, and agree with more of them than they do with Clinton.

You've got to admit that there has been a lot of blind following for Obama and, before he dropped out, Edwards. A load of people are following him because "they want to be a part of history" and because he'll "make politics cool again."

And while Edwards was the most progressive major candidate in the race, the majority of his supporters were white, conservative Democrats. That says a lot.

But the problem about Obama's capmaign right now is that his campaign is about his capmaign, which is exactly the pitfall that Howard Dean fell into in 2004. I'm totally open to supporting him, but he needs to focus more on the issues (I notice that he has been trying to for the past few days).

[quote name='Unickuta']People who look at his policies and all, and agree with more of them than they do with Clinton.

You've got to admit that there has been a lot of blind following for Obama and, before he dropped out, Edwards. A load of people are following him because "they want to be a part of history" and because he'll "make politics cool again."

And while Edwards was the most progressive major candidate in the race, the majority of his supporters were white, conservative Democrats. That says a lot.

But the problem about Obama's capmaign right now is that his campaign is about his capmaign, which is exactly the pitfall that Howard Dean fell into in 2004. I'm totally open to supporting him, but he needs to focus more on the issues (I notice that he has been trying to for the past few days).[/quote]

I can agree with a lot of that. However, I give Obama credit for having the most energy in his campaign than the other candidates, which in turn attracts newer and younger voters. This is also the same crowd that grew up watching political comedy shows like The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, so while they aren't necessarily the most educated of voters starting out, they do have more of a tendency to actually research their candidate, more so than the previous generation of voters who may simply vote along party lines each election.

Admittedly, Obama has kind of fallen into a rut of continuously keeping the campaign's energy high, and fending off attacks, but these are usually limited to his speeches after he's won a state's primary (which we've had a lot more of recently than actual debates). However, Every time I see him and Clinton debate for 2 hours on TV, I tend to side with Obama in issues like:

*Iraq (staged withdrawal beginning immediately, more focus on finding bin Laden)
*Healthcare (Universal Healthcare with an opt-out option, children covered under parent's plans)
*Economy (More balanced taxes for the middle class while the upper classes pay higher but affordable taxes).
*Technology (Strong emphasis on technology investment, in addition to a focus on placing the responsibility to what children can access online and in media primarily on the parents)

Now that we're kind of between primaries and have a bit of downtime, you'll start seeing debates again, and that's a good time to get an idea of what this guy's like, and whether he would be the best choice.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']
*Technology (Strong emphasis on technology investment, in addition to a focus on placing the responsibility to what children can access online and in media primarily on the parents)

~HotShotX[/quote]

That, right there, is the main reason why I support Obama. All the other candidates either have no technology plans, or their technology plans are either too conservative (I'm sick of America stagnating in the 20th cent.) or they're simply anti-technology (thx Clinton's censorship).

bread's done
Back