Call of Duty 4 & Assassins Creed (360/PS3) $39.99/each @ KMart 2/24-3/1

It seems like every store has had a special on COD4 or AC at some point in the last 2 months.

I wanted to make an analogy, but this is the main board.

Come on official price drop!!

[quote name='Liquidrmx']does anyone know if Best Buy will price match this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, so will Circuit City. And they should beat the price match by an extra 10%.
I've got a BB coupon so I'm definitely gonna pick it up there. My CC price matched the FYE/Sam Goody sale for Bioshock at $20 and that was even without a printout.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Yes, so will Circuit City. And they should beat the price match by an extra 10%.
I've got a BB coupon so I'm definitely gonna pick it up there.[/QUOTE]

You cant pricematch and use a coupon at BestBuy. It's one or the other.

If it was BestBuy's own sale, you could, but cant with competitor's.

IMO CoD4 is worth picking up at full price so this is definitely a steal. Had the 360 version but sold the system for a Ps3. Since I'm low on money and I like playing new games, I don't know if i should get this or wait till Rainbow Six Vegas 2. So tempting though.

[quote name='NoZoL']man why would u sell ur 360 for a ps3! lol[/quote]

o.o
because he wanted to play more than just fps games.

I have a 360, and pretty much all i play is Sports games and CoD4. No offense, 360 PWNZ ps3. Now, i dont want a fight started in this thread, lets all just move on, im sure ps3 is fun, but i just prefer 360.

[quote name='sasukekun']You cant pricematch and use a coupon at BestBuy. It's one or the other.

If it was BestBuy's own sale, you could, but cant with competitor's.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can. It's not supposed to be done, but it's the cashier's discretion. Nothing prevents the coupon and the pricematch going through on the computer at the same time.
At least, it didn't six months ago when I last tried.

[quote name='shaveice']o.o
because he wanted to play more than just fps games.[/QUOTE]

haha, yeah its kinda like that. Besides alot of games are going multi platform and most of the other games I like are Japanese made games and those end up on the Ps3 (like Disgaea, Tales of ...., or the Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza) series) and not on the 360.

[quote name='shaveice']o.o
because he wanted to play more than just fps games.[/quote]

The dirty secret about the 360 is that this simply isnt true. I've had my 360 for almost a year and the only FPS that I played was a couple of matches on the Halo 3 Beta. Contrary to popular wisdom, there *are* more than first-person-shooters on the 360.:bomb:

[quote name='hostyl1']The dirty secret about the 360 is that this simply isnt true. I've had my 360 for almost a year and the only FPS that I played was a couple of matches on the Halo 3 Beta. Contrary to popular wisdom, there *are* more than first-person-shooters on the 360.:bomb:[/quote]

Sorry I had the system too and other than Gears and Mass effect (third person shooters) pretty much any AAA title on the 360 was a FPS. (COD4, Bioshock, Halo3, Orange Box, Graw II) even oblivion is first person but can be third person. Now there are other non-FPS out there but rentals at best.:whistle2:#

[quote name='shortaznkid99']Is Call of Duty 4 worth $40 just for the single player campaign?[/QUOTE]

Might as well rent it if you are going to just play SP.

[quote name='shortaznkid99']Is Call of Duty 4 worth $40 just for the single player campaign?[/quote]

I would say yes. I actually had a great time with the campaign. But sometimes it's extremely hard and frustrating, especially on veteran. You don't need Live to get all the achievements.

BUT...

This game really shines on Live. I would pay $75 or more for this game just for Live. I scored it for under $40 back last November with a pricematch/coupon combo.

PS3, xbox360, who gives a fly fuck?! COD4 should not be missed at this price! I'm rocking it on 360 but if you have a PS3, I heard it's pretty evenly done on that system (though you don't have friends list and achievements ;) )

[quote name='hyperlink225']how do i do a pricematch if i have NO KMarts in my area what kind of proof do i need to present to Best buy?[/quote]

Its really YMMV on proof. Usually a printout will work, so you could try printing out the online ad.

Look in your Sunday paper or get one from out of town that has a Kmart, and look for the circular in there. I would bet this will be advertised if its on the website.

You could also look up the nearest Kmart and bring the # and have BB call them to do the price match. I've pricematched at BB before having them call the store to check the price there and they did it.

Damnit, how did I miss this thread. I've been having a friend nag me to death about getting CoD4, so I use my $10 gift card tonight at WalMart.com to order it for $50, then I see this thread. And I can't cancel my order from Wal-Mart.

Argh!

[quote name='Teqonix']Damnit, how did I miss this thread. I've been having a friend nag me to death about getting CoD4, so I use my $10 gift card tonight at WalMart.com to order it for $50, then I see this thread. And I can't cancel my order from Wal-Mart.

Argh![/quote]
Buy one for $40 at K-Mart, return other one to Wal-Mart store (or to Walmart.com). Problem solved.

That'll teach you to support Wal-Mart. ;)

I need help to decide which version to get, I already rented the 360 version(So I do not need to worry about achivements),but I heard the PS3 version has 32 players online.

[quote name='Liquidrmx']I need help to decide which version to get, I already rented the 360 version(So I do not need to worry about achivements),but I heard the PS3 version has 32 players online.[/quote]
nope it doesn't it has 18 max like the 360 only the pc version has 32. both online are good though there are alot more players on the 360 and if you look at the history of cod on both consoles youll notice that they still haven't given the ps3 version of cod3 any of the downloadable content. but on a technical level they are equal

awesome. i been wanting to get COD4 for PS3. A bunch of my friends have it on ps3 and ive had it on 360 since launch.

[quote name='DrunknDragun']haha, yeah its kinda like that. Besides alot of games are going multi platform and most of the other games I like are Japanese made games and those end up on the Ps3 (like Disgaea, Tales of ...., or the Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza) series) and not on the 360.[/quote]

Not the proper forum for this, but it is rather ironic that the next Tales of game has been announced for the 360 and not the PS3 ;)

Link: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/854/854144p1.html

Back on topic, COD4 is a steal at that price. It' was great at full price. The SP is great, but the MP lasts a long time. My friends and I haven't been back to Halo 3 since...well at least not as frequently.

I'll pay anyone who will ship it to J2G2C4 in Canada (j2g2c4 is my zip code). PM me!

EDIT: How much with the taxes? Tell me how much you want to send it to me and we'll discuss.

[quote name='NDPsycho']Not the proper forum for this, but it is rather ironic that the next Tales of game has been announced for the 360 and not the PS3 ;)

Link: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/854/854144p1.html

Back on topic, COD4 is a steal at that price. It' was great at full price. The SP is great, but the MP lasts a long time. My friends and I haven't been back to Halo 3 since...well at least not as frequently.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised when I heard that about Tales of Vesperia. Then again now that I remember Tales of Symphonia was on the gamecube and its sequel ,Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, will be on the Wii.

[quote name='DrunknDragun']I was surprised when I heard that about Tales of Vesperia. Then again now that I remember Tales of Symphonia was on the gamecube and its sequel ,Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, will be on the Wii.[/quote]

Multi-system seems to be the way to go. I was kind of surprised at this myself. Maybe ES did better than they had expected. Oddly enough, I'm actually looking forward to the two games Atlus is bringing over for the 360. I'm probably one of a handful of posters that like Idea Factories games....especially what I've played on the PSP. I'm looking forward to Spectral Force 3 the most. Can't get enough SRPG's.

[quote name='shortaznkid99']Is Call of Duty 4 worth $40 just for the single player campaign?[/quote]

I would say no. Although it is a good time, it only lasts about 6 hours. I beat it in 1 sitting. A rental would be enough time to be able to complete the single player campaign and still have time left for another game.

[quote name='thespamofpower']I would say no. Although it is a good time, it only lasts about 6 hours. I beat it in 1 sitting. A rental would be enough time to be able to complete the single player campaign and still have time left for another game.[/quote]
I have to add that it is a very memoriable single player campaign. There are moments in the game which are engraved as some of the best videogame moments I have ever witnessed. Personally, these scenes are worth the price of admission alone. The amazing multiplayer is worth even more.

If you love FPS, then it is a crime to not have this game in your collection (IMO of course!).

On topic: I may have to pick up Assassins Creed on the PS3...

Saw this post and was planning on picking up Assassin's Creed for the PS3 -- I just checked out the online ad at kmart.com and all I saw was the 360 version for $39.99 -- does the ad say it's for the ps3 version too (the ad online is too low res to tell)?

Just this week I told myself I'd pick up CoD4 as soon as I could get it for $40, but then I spent three hours playing TF2 today. Since I still haven't finished CoD2 on Veteran, and I haven't finished CoD3 at all, now I think I'll just wait.

...I've got a week to convince myself otherwise.

[quote name='defiance_17']Just this week I told myself I'd pick up CoD4 as soon as I could get it for $40, but then I spent three hours playing TF2 today. Since I still haven't finished CoD2 on Veteran, and I haven't finished CoD3 at all, now I think I'll just wait.

...I've got a week to convince myself otherwise.[/quote]
If you have the cash, I'd say pick it up. But I wouldn't open it until you want to. That way you got yourself a good deal and game to play right away once you are done with the others!

$40 seems to be the sweet spot for this game, so I wouldn't imagine it being cheaper until possibly the end of the year. But it's your money ultimately!

bread's done
Back