Photo
- - - - -

Deals to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl Cheap!

• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#451 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:18 AM

I went to one of the Sam's today while I was in that area (Houston, TX / Dunvale) and not only did they NOT have SSBB, but their games section was horrible overall.

#452 mcroa7

mcroa7

Wow, this is unoriginal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:29 AM

Sams clubs did a midnight launch company wide with wii systems and minimum of 50 copies of the game. So if they didn't have it know you know why.Also as a side note that price is good throughout the entire chain as well.
I started the wilhelm scream

#453 Jinkies10

Jinkies10

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:55 AM

Got Super Smash Brothers, Zack and WIKI and Saving Private Ryan DVD for about 67 shipped (this was with the 20 dollars off 80 bucks at Buy.Com)

I think it is a good deal.

#454 VictimofGrief

VictimofGrief

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:09 AM

Picked up my brawl today for $12.99.

$32 trade in ( 2 Wii games + extra $10 credit)
10% Coupon on here

Lovin' it so far.

#455 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:26 AM

2 Brawls + MySims + Sonic & Mario Olympics.

Came out to $160.45. Two of the games are Bday gifts, so it concludes my bday shopping for a month. Yay.

#456 BULL_Ship

BULL_Ship

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:25 AM

10% Coupon on here

Lovin' it so far.

Correct me if im wrong but isn't it trade 2 wii games and you get brawl for $10

#457 omfglol

omfglol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:33 AM

Hrm, given that EB won't get any Brawls back in for a good long while most likely, my plan to trade in 2 Wii games for the deal will not work. Ugh.

#458 panasonic

panasonic

Joanna Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:42 AM

10% Coupon on here

Lovin' it so far.

HAHAH lol you are a victim you got scammed because they had a trade in deal of 2 wii games get smash bros for $10.

#459 Plat

Plat

Green Bay, WI

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:04 AM

Yay for Green Bayers! :)

#460 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:13 AM

HAHAH lol you are a victim you got scammed because they had a trade in deal of 2 wii games get smash bros for $10.

I believe it was only certain Wii games that qualified for that deal. Not every game would work.

#461 clortho

clortho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:21 AM

I believe it was only certain Wii games that qualified for that deal. Not every game would work.

Yeah basically the best games for the system (Mario Galaxy, Metroid, Zelda, etc.). I don't think you could trade in two copies of "Bee Movie" or "Disney Princesses" and get the deal lol

#462 zedarkness

zedarkness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:12 AM

Sold 4 Wii Games[Mario and Sonic, Truama Second op, SUper Monkey Ball, and Rayman Raving Rabbids] got $20 bonus and 10% extra on edge to get 90. Used the money for Brawl and kept the rest for later =)

#463 icecreamandcows

icecreamandcows

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:42 PM

Would Best Buy pricemath Brawl right frome Sam's Club website because it's listed as 43.66 on there, or are they going to give me crap because you have to pay to shop there and it isn't a "real" store.

#464 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:30 PM

Would Best Buy pricemath Brawl right frome Sam's Club website because it's listed as 43.66 on there, or are they going to give me crap because you have to pay to shop there and it isn't a "real" store.

No, BestBuy doesnt pricemwatch websites, and you also need a Sams membership to get those prices.

//edit//
Forgot, people in California, if you got the $10 gc with brawl pre-order from CC. You can redeem the giftcard for cash.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#465 anthonyd46

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:41 AM

I got it for $3.75 at gamestop

Trade in 2 Wii Games(Resident Evil 4, Rayman Rabbids 1)

That brought it down to 8.15(if u have the edge card u get the 10% even with the deal)

Then i traded in Sims Urbz for Ds $4.00+.40 (edge)=$4.40

8.15-4.40=3.75

So then for the remaining 3.75 i attempted to trade in Catch Me if You Can and i was told gamestop's dont take DVD's anymore

#466 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:12 AM

I got it for $3.75 at gamestop

Trade in 2 Wii Games(Resident Evil 4, Rayman Rabbids 1)

That brought it down to 8.15(if u have the edge card u get the 10% even with the deal)

Then i traded in Sims Urbz for Ds $4.00+.40 (edge)=$4.40

8.15-4.40=3.75

So then for the remaining 3.75 i attempted to trade in Catch Me if You Can and i was told gamestop's dont take DVD's anymore

Yup. They're clearing 'em out w/ their B2G2 or B2G4 promotions... Dunno why actually - they give so little money for them and sell them at such a mark up that even w/ B2G1, they were making a decent profit.

With that and the removal of PC games, they might as well name themselves ConsoleStop instead.

#467 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:13 AM

I just noticed GS screwed me over :/
They didn't use my coupon, and the guy took it.
Fuckers :/

#468 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:25 AM

I just noticed GS screwed me over :/
They didn't use my coupon, and the guy took it.
Fuckers :/

This happened to me the last two times I tried to use a coupon at GS. Either their employees are badly trained beyond belief or this is some extremely shady practice. At least they did correct their mistakes when I brought the games back in, though I would have to produce new copies of the coupon.

#469 bryan78

bryan78

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:32 AM

Thanks to those who pointed out the TRU deal. Picked up Brawl and Zack & Wiki for ~$68 OTD.

Got SSBB and free $10 gift card from Circuit City. Plus got them to price match the TRU ad and got Zack & Wiki for $14.99. Also, picked up the SSBB guide from Fry's for $9.99. All for a grand total of $70.33, counting the GC.

#470 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:56 AM

This happened to me the last two times I tried to use a coupon at GS. Either their employees are badly trained beyond belief or this is some extremely shady practice. At least they did correct their mistakes when I brought the games back in, though I would have to produce new copies of the coupon.

Yeah.
Gonna go in soon.
Been to lazy.

It was like 2 in the morning, so I didn't check my receipt.

#471 thenockmlb

thenockmlb

Let's Go Cubbies!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

I received the $10 CC gift card from the online pre-order yesterday, hopefully the game will soon follow.

#472 Furashu

Furashu

CAG Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:42 PM

how do u track packages on CC's website? i click track package and it just goes to my order with no tracking #?
Trade on GOOZEX and get $1 trade credit + a free 100 pt game!
http://www.goozex.co...r=6111658335991

PSN : Dunkindoanuts

#473 MC Hampster

MC Hampster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:52 PM

Picked mine up for $43 and change (before tax) at Sam's Club.

I wasn't too concerned with getting the absolute best deal so I stopped by Game Crazy on the way home from somewhere to pick it up (since it was on the way home). Guy asked if I had a pre-order and I told him no. He replied that the only way he could sell it to me was if I pre-ordered some other game. I told him that I'd be picking it up elsewhere, as I would with the rest of my purchases. Never again Game Crazy, never again.

#474 SolidMetal

SolidMetal

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:05 PM

haha that is a rip off. All I did was go to my local best buy on sunday, there was like no one there, at 11am. And I got the game, ended up spending only 17 bucks, had a 25$ gift card and 10$ reward points, and then I tried to use the coupon on the first post of this and the lady said it didn't work with video games...

#475 thenockmlb

thenockmlb

Let's Go Cubbies!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:26 AM

I received my SSBB game from CC today in the mail. Not bad for coming out Sunday.

#476 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:25 AM

When I picked up Smash Bros. on Monday, the guy had no idea about the $10 gift card even though I had my receipt. He called his manager, and after almost 10 minutes, they finally figured it out. I figure my trouble was worth about a dollar a minute.

After I got the gift card, I left the store, went back in and bought the last copy of Genji for PS3 for $10 and some change with the card.

#477 Darklighter

Darklighter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:52 AM

Mine came in the mail from CC today. Four days after launch for free shipping, not bad I guess.

#478 Agentredd

Agentredd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

I picked up my copy at sams club for $43 dollars not sure what the change was though...

#479 iHabNoTeef

iHabNoTeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:28 PM

Darklighter, did you get a gift card with your copy from CC? I just recieved mine today too but no gift card =( I guess it is a mistake on their part.

#480 dinosaursrock

dinosaursrock

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:09 PM

Keep It from GameFly + 10% off + 5 GameFly Dollars = $35.71 shipped.

Which looks like a pretty sweet deal for a new game (assuming you're the first to rent your copy) until you factor in the monthly membership cost. :/