Deals to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl Cheap!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I figure I'm not the only one that wants to save some cash buying Brawl on launch. I figure we should compile all the coupons and deals that can be used to get the game cheap on launch.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171563
-10% off Coupon for BestBuy
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171110
-10% off Coupon for Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp
-20% Trade in Bonus towards SSB:Brawl at Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172792
-Trade in 2 select Wii games, get Brawl for $9.99 (trade in 2 copies of Heatseeker, $10 to $15 each at Circuit City)
http://www.strikebang.com/showthread.php?p=35273#post35273
-$10 off $50 at Play-Asia.com

Buy 4 copies of Pimp My Ride for $30 and trade in to GameRush for $60

Please contribute!

I pre-ordered my copy the other day at Circuit City.

I used my gamer's card to save 10% and then you get a $10 gift card when you pick it up.

[quote name='quadomatic']Is that on any games?[/quote]

No. Just Smash Bros, Devil May Cry 4, GTA IV and Lost Odessey. They are the Power Trades and don't require a coupon (although, you do need to mention it at checkout). There will be a sign hanging in the store with the four games listed on it. This has been going on for, at least, a month. I just called them and verified that it's still active.

[quote name='Cindaddy']No. Just Smash Bros, Devil May Cry 4, GTA IV and Lost Odessey. They are the Power Trades and don't require a coupon (although, you do need to mention it at checkout). There will be a sign hanging in the store with the four games listed on it. This has been going on for, at least, a month. I just called them and verified that it's still active.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, found it on the gamestop site too. But, after checking CagWiki, the games I would trade in are next to worthless (maybe $1 each) so I'd be better off selling the games online to get some cash for Brawl.

I posted this somewhere else.

Relating to the 20% extra trade credit at Gamestop, you get 30% with your Edge card. I traded in Mario Galaxy for $39 and put it towards Brawl. Cost me 11 bucks out of pocket. It was a good deal considering I got Galaxy with the free $25 gift card at Toys R Us.

been hesitant to preorder this waiting for any deals to come thru. but it doesnt really seem like theres guna be any. so im probably jus guna wait til it comes out and pick it up at a local best buy or something.

you guys think the stores are guna run outta stock??

basically, to preorder or not to preorder?

Buy 4 copies of Pimp My Ride at Circuit City for $30 and trade them into GameRush for $60 to pay off your copy.

[quote name='NightNinja7']is there a particular link for this?[/QUOTE]

They occasionally email these. Not sure of a link though.

The one currently posted here expires February 29th.

[quote name='quadomatic']They occasionally email these. Not sure of a link though.

The one currently posted here expires February 29th.[/QUOTE]

ah sounds good, gotta look for that thread now and hope it updates. Thanks.

[quote name='NightNinja7']ah sounds good, gotta look for that thread now and hope it updates. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ah, apparently you could use that to preorder brawl...nice. I think I'll go for that and maybe do trade in credit. Maybe that'll take the price down to the $30s

Anybody know if any of these particular stores will have midnight releases?

I figured Gamestop will, but don't want to go the trade route.

I gotta get the game at midnight, and will just go to Wal-Mart if nothing else is open.

im going to hold my breath for a better deal. but the $36 (or $39 w/ edge card) trade in value for mario galaxy at eb is great

I am pretty sure ToysRUs will offer the best deal again. I think they offered the SMG deals solely to have people wait for the SSBB deal that will inevitably be the same or maybe better than the SMG one (25$ GC w/purchase, or Buy SMG, GOWIIGMFREE)- the main goal of ToysRUs ads is to get people in the store and purchasing only from them.

[quote name='burningrom2']im going to hold my breath for a better deal. but the $36 (or $39 w/ edge card) trade in value for mario galaxy at eb is great[/quote]

And the $4 gas/subway beats Ebay? Nope.

[quote name='yowoe']I am pretty sure ToysRUs will offer the best deal again. I think they offered the SMG deals solely to have people wait for the SSBB deal that will inevitably be the same or maybe better than the SMG one (25$ GC w/purchase, or Buy SMG, GOWIIGMFREE)- the main goal of ToysRUs ads is to get people in the store and purchasing only from them.[/quote]

I could be wrong, but I doubt TRU will have a deal as good as the one on SMG.
TRU offered the gift card because it was just before the holiday season and they wanted parents to come back and buy all of their gifts from TRU while redeeming their gift cards. Offering such an incentive hurts their bottom line if people do not come back spend as excessively as the marketing guys are hoping.

The goal of every advertisement for every company is to increase sales.

I'm hoping TRU has something good. Either way I'll probably end up using my $25 gift card from Galaxy on it then.

Its just that its been a while since the last B2G1 sales from TRU, and it doesn't hurt to wait for the week or s before launch to see what the ads will hold.

[quote name='BowserClownCar']Any news if TRU is offering any pre-order or pick-up bonus?[/QUOTE]

I crossed the border to NH last weekend (no sales tax!) and picked up a Wii at the Salem TRU. The employees were pushing Brawl pre-orders pretty hard claiming they already had taken over 180 and didn't plan on being able to get more than around 200 copies, "if you don't pre-order it you won't get it" blah blah blah. However, they claimed if you put down the $5 for the pre-order, you could get any other in stock Wii game 50% off when you pick up and pay for Brawl (I believe they said it had to be within the week following the release date). Checked quickly online and found no mention of this deal elsewhere so highly YMMV...but it can't hurt to ask.

[quote name='ratpimples']return fraud is stealing then returning no?[/quote]

Return fraud is returning an item you did not originally purchase from the vendor you are returning to.

[quote name='NAmato']they claimed if you put down the $5 for the pre-order, you could get any other in stock Wii game 50% off when you pick up and pay for Brawl (I believe they said it had to be within the week following the release date).[/QUOTE]

I really hope that turns out to be true at every store! I just got a Wii and I need Super Mario Galaxy.

Another good way of doing this is by trading in at least (2) 360, Ps3 or Wii games to get the additional $10 towards the trade in credit (current promo). Then stack your edge card to it for an additional 10%. Now stack that credit to the reservation of Brawl (for an extra 20%) and I think you have a pretty good deal.

[quote name='briandadude']I could be wrong, but I doubt TRU will have a deal as good as the one on SMG.
TRU offered the gift card because it was just before the holiday season and they wanted parents to come back and buy all of their gifts from TRU while redeeming their gift cards. Offering such an incentive hurts their bottom line if people do not come back spend as excessively as the marketing guys are hoping.

The goal of every advertisement for every company is to increase sales.[/quote]I have to agree toysrus does have the good deals but, that was around christmas. They might not have a gift card but they'll probably have the best incentive of all.

[quote name='vgmben']problem is they never get their games in on time, not one single time this year
have they had it when the store opened[/QUOTE]

I also got the gamer's card so i get another 10% off. With my backlog I can deal with getting Smash Brothers a day day.

[quote name='briandadude']I pre-ordered my copy the other day at Circuit City.

I used my gamer's card to save 10% and then you get a $10 gift card when you pick it up.[/quote]

Do they still give the $10 gift card? I would have to order it online I doubt they do that way.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Hm... Can i still use the Gamestop coupon if I already put $10 down on Brawl?[/QUOTE]

keep your $10 on it, when it comes out cancel your preorder, get $10 back, then just buy your copy with coupon. Its a little dirty but its worked for me.

[quote name='quadomatic']I don't think we can count on a TRU deal just cuz they had one on Super Mario Galaxy...[/quote]

Imagine the chaos....

bread's done
Back