Photo
- - - - -

Deals to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl Cheap!

• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#481 Furashu

Furashu

CAG Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:25 PM

got mine in the mail yesterday, got my GC on the 9th already
Trade on GOOZEX and get $1 trade credit + a free 100 pt game!
http://www.goozex.co...r=6111658335991

PSN : Dunkindoanuts

#482 Darklighter

Darklighter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:31 PM

Darklighter, did you get a gift card with your copy from CC? I just recieved mine today too but no gift card =( I guess it is a mistake on their part.

The send the gift card separately. It should have mailed out out the same time you pre-ordered Brawl. I got mine two weeks ago.

#483 dank

dank

for your health

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:17 AM

i really need to pick this up

#484 quadomatic

quadomatic

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:01 AM

Since I couldn't find Heatseeker, I was kinda screwed. Instead, I traded in a bunch of PS2 games that I had no interest in and had no hope of selling online (outside of eBay, which I don't care to use), with 25% bonus credit, as well as a couple DS games that I couldn't sell, both of which sucked. I managed to get about $25 credit. I used a 10% off coupon on Brawl and used the trade-in credit, bringing the cost to be about $23 after tax.

Not bad I guess.
Posted Image
Phenom FX-5000 @ 2.86Ghz (4 core deneb, unlocked Athlon X2 5000+) w/Freezer 7 Pro rev.2
Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H mATX
6 GB DDR2 667mhz (2x2GB Buffalo 800MHz, 2GB Corsair Dominator 1066MHz)
ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB
Hitachi Deskstar 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s | Sony Optiarc DVD-RW

#485 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:57 PM

While good sales were hard to find on Smash Bros. at launch, I'm grateful for all the threads dedicated to deals (such as this one and the weekly ads from speedy). They helped me with my plan of attack last night, when I picked up two copies of Smash Bros. Brawl for $80 plus tax and got a free $10 gift card to boot, all at a local Best Buy. YMMV?

The details:

Okay, so the current Best Buy coupons include 10%-off from the USPS web site as well as one for a free $10 gift card when buying Smash and any other $39.99-and-up game. But then I heard about the $20-off deal at Toys "R" Us for two Wii games $19.99 and up. Price-matching that at Best Buy seemed like a good idea as I had a gift card of my own to use there, so I brought the Sunday ad from TRU and got the PM without any hassle, needing to pick up a game for both me and a friend.

What was surprising was that the customer-service rep then handed me the $10 gift card from the current Best Buy Smash Bros. deal as well. I didn't ask for it and was unaware that it (automatically?) applied in-store, so this was an extra bonus for buying SSBB new. Whether this can be easily replicated or not is unknown, but I guess it couldn't hurt to try. Getting each copy of Brawl for essentially $35 after taxes and (gift-card) credits really made my day.

**Please note:**

I'm really not interested in scanning and posting a receipt for this transaction; I simply wanted to share if it helps anyone else get a similar deal. If something like this has already been posted, I apologize. And if this post seems more like it belongs in the bragging/whatever forum, so be it. Just couldn't keep this to myself.

#486 autche

autche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:58 PM

the local gamestop had a used copy of Brawl; it was in pristine shape and all documentation included in awesome condition. sticker was $44.99 and was able to get it for $35.99 after 10% coupon and edge discount. Hell, if not liked I can probably trade it back in for more than I bought it for (assuming a $35 trade in value, which very well may not be the case + 10% edge bonus), or worse case scenario I have 7 days to return for refund/store credit.

#487 aea414

aea414

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:53 PM

I got a similar deal to dpac but without working so hard or price matching. Just thanks to stupid CC CS reps.

Got SSBB for $29.99 plus tax. I doubt this will be easily repeated but idk.

First off let me say that I did nothing other than pre-order it at CC.(deal with $10 GC)
Also let me state that I DID NOT HAVE MY PREORDER RECEIPT Then I went in today to pick it up(i was out of town for release) and I went and grabbed the last copy off the shelf. I then went to CS and asked if they could bring up my order from my card that I purchased it on and she said "yes."

She then said that since they did not have any games "behind the counter" that she couldn't do it normally. OKAY? She had to refund my card the $5 i put on for pre-order then sold me the game that I grabbed. I asked her about the $10 GC and she said should could just apply it to the game purchase, I then showed her my gamer savings card.
The saving came when she went to do the math(in a normal everyday 4 function calculator), She looked at the refund receipt for the preorder and it showed that i owed them "$44.99" because I put the $5 down. She then took 10% off and then the $10 GC to bring it down to $29.99(idk how it is not $30.5) She then said I would have to pay $29.99 and I looked at her and just "okay"

She then entered the price (i am guessing an override) and then scanned SSBB.

I walked out of there as fast as I could without looking suspicious.

So thanks to CC CS rep lack of math skills I got it for $29.99.

BTW, if you couldn't tell, EXTREMELY YMMV