Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - Gen. Discussion & Info

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

Rise to rock royalty with Guitar Hero®: Aerosmith®. Light up the stage with some of the best rock and roll tracks of all time, including Aerosmith's greatest hits, and songs from some of the world's best bands. Be a part of the band and become Aerosmith with characters of the entire band showing off legendary moves in the most electrifying rock venues.

• Experience Aerosmith's greatest hits of all-time: The game features master tracks from Aerosmith, including the Top 40 hit "Sweet Emotion," and an original song by Joe Perry.
  • Perform hot opening tracks by superstar bands: Perform other iconic tracks by rock and roll heroes chosen by Aerosmith, including Cheap Trick, Joan Jett, and many more.
  • Rock out the Aerosmith way: Walk this way through the career of Aerosmith starting with their first concert at Nipmuc High School. Be Joe Perry and shred alongside Steven Tyler at some of the most memorable venues from Aerosmith's career.
  • Party offline or show off online: Share the limelight and combine your stellar skills with friends during co-op play to accomplish your highest scores yet! Challenge others during head-to-head online competition and reach Aerosmith-level rock-stardom.

Achievements: http://www.achieve360points.com/game/guitarheroaerosmith/

SET LIST:

Tier 1: "Getting the Band Together" (Nipmuc High School)
  • "All the Young Dudes" by Mott the Hoople (cover)
  • "Draw the Line" by Aerosmith
  • "Dream Police" by Cheap Trick
  • "Make It" by Aerosmith (re-recorded)
  • "Uncle Salty" by Aerosmith
Tier 2: "First Taste of Success" (Max's Kansas City)
  • "All Day and All of the Night" by The Kinks (cover)
  • "I Hate Myself for Loving You" by Joan Jett
  • "Movin' Out" by Aerosmith (re-recorded)
  • "No Surprize" by Aerosmith
  • "Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith
Tier 3: "The Triumphant Return" (The Orpheum)
  • "Complete Control" by The Clash
  • "Livin' on the Edge" by Aerosmith
  • "Love in an Elevator" by Aerosmith
  • "Personality Crisis" by New York Dolls (cover)
  • "Rag Doll" by Aerosmith
Tier 4: "International Superstars" (Moscow)
  • "Bright Light Fright" by Aerosmith
  • "King of Rock" by Run-D.M.C.
  • "Nobody's Fault" by Aerosmith
  • "She Sells Sanctuary" by The Cult
  • "Walk This Way" by Run-D.M.C. featuring Aerosmith
Tier 5: "The Great American Band" (Half Time Show)
  • "Always on the Run" by Lenny Kravitz
  • "Back in the Saddle" by Aerosmith
  • "Beyond Beautiful" by Aerosmith
  • "Dream On" by Aerosmith (re-recorded)
  • "Hard to Handle" by The Black Crowes (cover)
Tier 6: "Rock N Roll Legends" (Rock & Roll Hall of Fame)
  • "Cat Scratch Fever" by Ted Nugent
  • "Mama Kin" by Aerosmith (re-recorded)
  • "Sex Type Thing" by Stone Temple Pilots
  • "Toys In The Attic" by Aerosmith
  • "Train Kept A Rollin" by Aerosmith
  • "Guitar Battle vs Joe Perry" by Joe Perry
Bonus Songs (The Vault)
  • "Combination" by Aerosmith
  • "Kings and Queens" by Aerosmith
  • "Let The Music Do The Talking" by Aerosmith
  • "Mercy" by Joe Perry
  • "Pandora's Box" by Aerosmith
  • "Pink" by Aerosmith
  • "Rats In The Cellar" by Aerosmith
  • "Shakin' My Cage" by Joe Perry
  • "Talk Talkin" by Joe Perry
  • "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Activision Inc on Friday unveiled a new "Guitar Hero" video game focusing on the rock band Aerosmith, taking the billion-dollar franchise in a new direction.

Called "Guitar Hero: Aerosmith," the new game will arrive in stores this summer, a surprise to many analysts and fans who had expected the next title to come out closer to the year-end holiday shopping season.
Aerosmith, known for hits such as "Dream On" and "Sweet Emotion," is the top-selling American rock band of all time, with sales of 66.5 million albums in the United States alone.

The game will feature about 30 Aerosmith songs as well as others from various acts that have opened for the band. The price has not yet been set.
"The premise is that it's going to cover the 30-plus years of the band, from high school all the way through the rock superstardom of today," Kai Huang, head of Activision's RedOctane unit, which guides development of the franchise, told Reuters in an interview.

When Activision reported quarterly earnings last week, analysts grilled the company on its plans for the franchise, expressing concern that sales would slow this year because many players who bought earlier versions with guitars would opt to buy the lower-price stand-alone game disks.
Huang said Activision had not yet decided whether it would offer a special controller with the Aerosmith game.

NEW DIRECTION
The focus on a single band marks a new twist for the franchise, whose three main titles featured dozens of artists spanning classic rock, grunge, metal, punk and other rock subgenres. Last year, Activision also released "Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s" with songs from that decade.
"It's just a completely new way to interact with this music and with Aerosmith, and we think there's more opportunity to do that in the future," Huang said.
By spotlighting a single band, the company has also come up with a way to counter rival music game "Rock Band" from Viacom Inc unit MTV and Electronic Arts Inc, Activision's top competitor.

To recreate the sense of attending an Aerosmith concert, developers held motion-capture sessions with band members, including energetic frontman Steven Tyler and lead guitarist Joe Perry. "As you play," Huang said, "you're going to be seeing Joe and Steven doing their moves onstage."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080215/wr_nm/activision_guitarhero_dc

The GHIII thread was getting a lot of GHA talk so I figured its time to start a new thread for this title. I'll update as more info is available.

Will pick this up if it ever drops to $20 used and i have a nice big gamestop coupon to go with it. Otherwise, PASS. The free 'dream on' song was so incredibly easy it pissed me off.

anyone else hoping for a bundle with a different guitar design? i wasn't a big fan of the ghiii guitar (it wouldn't rest on my leg well at all). also, buying a bundle would beat buying the game alone plus a separate guitar.

other than that, i'm pumped for more songs...

[quote name='geezer_man']not too sure about this version of GH. Who wants to be Joe Perry, hmmm?[/QUOTE]

He's a good guitar player, but since this title will almost certainly weigh heavily on more recent Aerosmith songs, I'm going to wait for the bargain bin on this 'un.

This REALLY should have been a Rock Band release. I mean, really. If they are going to give any BAND a game.. why should you only play as a guitar?? This makes me mad.

It also makes me mad that it'll probably be $60. This is $30 at best. Seriously. I AM interested, as I do like Aerosmith, but not for anywhere near the $60 range.

The best thing you can do is vote with your wallet, hombre. No GH game is cheap yet (hell, even the GH/GHII PS2 double disc set is $60 new!) - but if you can hold out for a few months, this one will drop like a...lead zeppelin, I suppose is the proper thing to say.

[quote name='Advocatus']I wonder if the GH:A guitar will be compatible with Rock Band.[/QUOTE]

I think that was a mis-print on their end. There is no way they would develop a game that would work with peripherals that they don't manufacture. The last I knew they were both still pointing fingers at each other over the whole Guitar Compatible thing. Don't get me wrong, I would love it and it would easily justify a purchase of the game then. Maybe they have put their differences aside. No one wants to manufacture expensive peripherals so hopefully they can come up a solution. The money is being made on the software end of these games and DLC. There was speculation that Rock Band might even be selling at a LOSS in the beginning.

[quote name='xeno']Ill gamefly it[/QUOTE]
Same. I'd give it a go once through. Paying for more songs for replay value only seems worth it in RB now.

Of all the bands out there, why Aerosmith? Are they even relevant anymore? I've never really listened to their music, so are all their songs filled with great guitar riffs or what?

Where is Guitar Hero: Coldplay or maybe The Smiths? ;)

I wonder if they're gonna milk this series dry with all sorts of crazy spinoffs and such. Well, it works for DDR so why not eh?
I'd love to see one where you can import your own songs and make a chart for them, in a legit way. ;)

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']This game will bomb and I say that with a heavy heart because I like Aerosmith. However, I just can't see band specific Guitar Hero games doing very well.[/quote]

Once more...

Casual gamer fans will be attracted to this. Plus in 80's Edition I don't think anyone was eager to play Oingo Boingo, Flock of Seagulls amongst others and that was one of Activision's best sellers this past year. Name brand alone it'll sell. Plus basically all consoles so I think they'll do just fine.

Though yeah, easily agree this should've been Rock Band DLC. Walk this way would've been stupid fun, no matter which version they choose.

80's had a damn good soundtrack 18 and life, holy diver, electric eye, play with me, no one like you, metal health, ballroom blitz, seventeen etc.

[quote name='hhhdx4']80's had a damn good soundtrack 18 and life, holy diver, electric eye, play with me, no one like you, metal health, ballroom blitz, seventeen etc.[/quote]
Yeah, but let's be honest, it wasn't worth $50 like majority of people bought it for. Yet still sold damn well, so I can't help but see GH: Aerosmith doing just as well. Also I'll admit I was giddy as shit while playing metal health, ambulance and holy diver, but my feelings toward the game are more on par with saying not as high a point in the series as the other games.

i'm really curious to see how this sells at 60 dollars. personally, i won't pay full price for it and i hope they drop the price quickly. if it were GNR, i'd pay 60 though.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']oh please..the only thing aerosmith was ever good for, was that cool roller coaster in disney world[/quote]

Don't forget Revolution X;)

[quote name='omgu8myrice']oh please..the only thing aerosmith was ever good for, was that cool roller coaster in disney world[/quote]
A bit cheesy, but a great ride none the less. :cool:

It is certainly the best ride at MGM (or the newly renamed Hollywood studios or whatever its called).... I rode it 4 times in a row last year when I was there... What fun

I'm hoping some of the other bands are things that people have really been waiting for, which will make it a must purchase. Also hoping it focuses mostly on their 70s stuff.

For some odd reason I ended up listening a few Aerosmith songs last night, and gotta say the game will be entertaining thanks to Steven Tylers vocal emotions he puts into every song.

[quote name='Ragekod']For some odd reason I ended up listening a few Aerosmith songs last night, and gotta say the game will be entertaining thanks to Steven Tylers vocal emotions he puts into every song.[/quote]

I would agree if it was coming out on RockBand... But Aerosmith just on GH isnt near as interesting to me... I might give it a rent when it comes out.

[quote name='REL1203']I would agree if it was coming out on RockBand... But Aerosmith just on GH isnt near as interesting to me... I might give it a rent when it comes out.[/quote]
Well the good thing about it being a GH game is that it won't be easy like Rock Bands songs, but I can see the people wanting to play the drums and sing vocals would be disappointed.

I hope this 'game' plays more like GH II than GH 3 , and alot of you guys probably never heard the really good [and still good] Aerosmith songs .
I've listened to them since the 70's , Cheapy's right about PUMP being pretty much their last good album .

If theyre going to give this game kind of biographical storyline, like the early days playing some of their favorite bands covers and their early work, and progressing through clubs then becoming the mega-stars they are it should be a fun ride.

[quote name='hhhdx4']If theyre going to give this game kind of biographical storyline, like the early days playing some of their favorite bands covers and their early work, and progressing through clubs then becoming the mega-stars they are it should be a fun ride.[/quote]

i could get behind that. i'd still be leary, given the band headlining the affair, but it'd certainly be a unique approach.

If the game does do something a story mode based on their career, I imagine it can be pretty awesome (especially co-op). Like something with beginning the game in a crappy club where your guitar would work time in and time out. That or when you become successful you have to play as Joe Perry and play through a song high off your mind on pills and coke and don't bomb the set. Something like that, though I know I'm hoping for too much...

bread's done
Back