Photo
- - - - -

Wal-Mart.com: Official Final Fantasy VII Strategy Guide (Brady), $9.44 'in-stock!'

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 Sinnbox

Sinnbox

Garage-sale/Thrift KING!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:04 AM

I saw the copy of FF VII with the black insert sell for over $100 ($102) the other day on ebay. I have that exact copy. For the poster that says if Sony makes FF VII available online the value will plummet I disagree. That is like saying if they reprint Michael Jordan rookie cards the originals will fall in value. In the collectable world the original always retains value because it actually is the original. That is why the black insert FF's are woth more than the green insert ones.

Up to a ceratain point, FFVII has so many copys out that once casual(i use that term lightly here) gamers can get it for $10 on PSN they won't need the PS1 copy, then they will sell it, there are around 15 million copys of FF7 in print, I highly doubt there are half that may dedcated collectors.

#32 CrimsonPaw

CrimsonPaw

Professional Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:41 PM

Do you have a link to that? And are they reliable cus I've never heard of them? That would be incredible because a PS3 remake could mess up the nostalgia but a PSN remake ala Bionic Commando Rearmed would be AMAZING.

Here you go: http://softrockhalle...01/listing.html
Also, the link to "her" blog is http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com and is updated pretty well. So far "she" has been pretty fucking spot on with this insider stuff. The icing on the cake was the info that Gears of War 2 will be announced at GDC, which it was.

#33 Antic

Antic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:54 PM

I ended up getting one at Borders for that price 6 months ago. I don't even really need it (since I've killed the game), but it's nice to add to the pile.

#34 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:18 PM

My Mom threw out all of my Nintendo and Genesis Boxes and instructions (all in great condition) as well as all of my Nintendo Powers. I had left them there because I didn't have room in my dorm room and didn't even think about it. Couldn't believe it.

#35 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2008 - 05:29 PM

Luckily my parents know what I have so I don't think they would ever just give it away. They probably would put it on ebay. lol

#36 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2008 - 06:29 PM

The Versus FF7 guide is sweet. I still have my copy though it's a little beat up. It included that poster with all the characters. The guide gives alot of info without giving away spoilers.

The Brady guide is a clusterFuck of information.

I still have the Versus Books guide for FF7 too. I never realized it was supposed to be rare though. It's still in one piece but the spine on it is damaged so I've had to tape it , and a couple pages are ripped but otherwise it's still there. I even still have the original huge poster hanging up in my place.

The only really novel thing I thought about the guide was the fact that it was "mostly" spoiler free. Thing is if your looking through a strategy guide you should just except the fact your gonna see spoilers.

#37 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:45 PM

I saw the copy of FF VII with the black insert sell for over $100 ($102) the other day on ebay. I have that exact copy. For the poster that says if Sony makes FF VII available online the value will plummet I disagree. That is like saying if they reprint Michael Jordan rookie cards the originals will fall in value. In the collectable world the original always retains value because it actually is the original. That is why the black insert FF's are woth more than the green insert ones.

I sold 3 copies of FF7 on Ebay last year. I paid $10, $15, and $50 for the copies at my local store, all mint condition black label copies. I sold the three copies for $90, $95, and $60 respectfully. Needless to say, I made a killing :) I'm not trying to rip people off either, I started them off at $1, and they just skyrocket on their own... I did the same thing with the GTA: LCS (PSP) when the downgrader would only work with this game, and paid $10-$15 each for 3 copies of the game at local stores, and sold them on Ebay for $60-$80 a piece. I've made some good money on Ebay because of games like this.

#38 janizzzle

janizzzle

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:52 AM

Mmmmm still have mines tucked away in the closet (the game that is)

#39 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:05 AM

Yeah, I have a copy that I've played once just sitting on my game rack. Now that I see what it's worth, I'm thinking of doing a trade thread since I didn't have anything rare/valuable before.

#40 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:25 AM

I'd be SOO angry. I'd be more upset over the game saves than the game itself I think. That sucks man.

I've seen guys selling FF7 game saves on ebay lately, but if there not your own, feels wrong.

I never understood that...you can't play through the game again using the save...at least I haven't been able to. I know my counter stopped at 99:99

#41 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:32 AM

I sold 3 copies of FF7 on Ebay last year. I paid $10, $15, and $50 for the copies at my local store, all mint condition black label copies. I sold the three copies for $90, $95, and $60 respectfully. Needless to say, I made a killing :) I'm not trying to rip people off either, I started them off at $1, and they just skyrocket on their own... I did the same thing with the GTA: LCS (PSP) when the downgrader would only work with this game, and paid $10-$15 each for 3 copies of the game at local stores, and sold them on Ebay for $60-$80 a piece. I've made some good money on Ebay because of games like this.

I did the same thing on amazon.com. I got lucky and bought 11 copies of the GH version direct from SONY for $5 (500 pts) each a year or two ago...Ahh the days when the SONY card had good rewards. Sold them on amazon for around $200 each. Still have sealed one to keep and a sealed one with a broken case, and my original black label of course.

I think there will still be demand for sealed versions, but just like SOTN, the overall demand for used games will drop.

#42 souNReAL

souNReAL

Santa Claus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:19 AM

i had no idea FF7 Black label was so valuable, i have 1 copy myself, but just thinking of all the other opportunities to pick this game up when people still sold PSX games...
NEO LIVES.

#43 NolbertoS

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:38 AM

My dad, about 4 year's ago threw out my FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX and DWVII Strategy guides to the dumpster, cuz they were collecting dust in my old room. To this day, I shutter to think how much money all those strategy guides would've been worth on ebay..[face_sigh]
Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#44 Richard Longfellow

Richard Longfellow

Mr. Warmth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:36 PM

My dad, about 4 year's ago threw out my FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX and DWVII Strategy guides to the dumpster, cuz they were collecting dust in my old room. To this day, I shutter to think how much money all those strategy guides would've been worth on ebay..[face_sigh]

Really, only the FFVII and Dragon Warrior guides are hard to find right now. So don't feel too bad. Brady printed a ton of all the FF guides, and Gamestop keeps them in stock for years typically.
"I renounce Verdukianism!"