Photo
- - - - -

How Long Does It Take To Beat This Game Thread - Now a wikii!

• Please log in to reply
640 replies to this topic

#481 skkorpp

skkorpp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:31 PM

Metroid: Other M (Wii) - 8-9 hours to finish the story

#482 PaUl_D

PaUl_D

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:26 PM

Good start to the site. I'd recommend adding a couple of qualifiers to the games such as 100% complete or main story only since most game times will vary on these factors.

Thanks for the tip. We considered that when we originally set up the site but thought that it would work better if we kept it as simple as possible. It's hard to tell now, but when you click on a game to see the average game time you get a nice visualization of the times submitted, and our thought was that this system would give you a good idea of the variation in game play.

What I mean is, say you and I each play Mass Effect. I steamroll through to the end and finish it in 16 hours, you do every side quest and take 35. We both add our times - well this will affect the the graph of time lengths you'll see, and they'll probably be centered around our times - you'll see a bunch in the 15-20 range and a bunch in the 30-40 range. That will show you the difference in times depending on how involved you get into the game.

We also considered adding a difficulty field, and another field indicating whether this was a first playthrough or a subsequent playthrough, but decided against it.

Thanks for the tip

#483 knotfan123

knotfan123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:02 AM

Anyone have a Starcraft 2 count yet? I'm about to start the game and just want to know roughly how much time I'm ganna spend on it. :)
It would be great to have a catch. I know I can't throw as fast as you, but I think you would be impressed with my speed.

#484 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:54 AM

Anyone have a Starcraft 2 count yet? I'm about to start the game and just want to know roughly how much time I'm ganna spend on it. :)

Really roughly you're talking about 15 hours. There are 26 or 27 mission and they take about 30 min each.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#485 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:55 AM

Metroid Other M: 8-10 hours / 12-15 hours for 100%
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#486 Poshbishounen

Poshbishounen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:17 AM

Someone should send Cheapy D a message, maybe he would be interested in having a whole area like this. Maybe even advertise this thread a little, and get a lot more people showing their times.

I beat The Saboteur in 9 hours without doing much of the side missions. I played it on the PS3, but it's also available on the 360.

No, no one likes your ideas! Anyway does anyone have a rough estimate of SMT: Strange Journey?

Posted Image

Looking for Castlevania, Okami, Persona Swag (Posters, Keychains, Figurines, etc) PM me!!!

#487 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:09 AM

No, no one likes your ideas! Anyway does anyone have a rough estimate of SMT: Strange Journey?

The first post says

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey: 30/80

But personally I'm at 60 hours and I've not beaten it. I've fallen asleep a few times with the DS on though, then woke up and saved, so it probably added a few hours. I'm near the end though, and I keep using different monsters to obtain their formas, and not using a map (save for one time in the E-zone, cause of the stupid teleports).

#488 MadForMadden

MadForMadden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:52 PM

Nice...I got caught up on the flight school mission for a while, that kinda set me back.

70 hours to beat San Andreas here (almost completed it)

#489 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions on PS3 - 11 hours on hard. I meandered a little bit, and got stuck on some protection missions and the last boss for a while. I probably died about 5 times on the last boss fight because of a glitch. The camera would change to some shot of nothing (under the stage). I couldn't move- eventually something would kill me.

One of the factors you are scored on is "completion time", and it looks like the highest rank is awarded for 20-25 minute completions. That means, 25 min x 14 levels = just under 6 hours would be the minimum.
Spoiler

#490 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:38 PM

PS3 - White Knight Chronicles - 30/600

Single player took 30 hours for me to beat. If you're going to play the multiplayer for any length of time though, you should play single-player a second time to get the special chests only available in new game+. Once that's done, the grind towards a platinum ends up at a nice round 600 hours.
Posted Image

#491 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:55 PM

Mafia II start to platinum about 20 hours, Final Fantasy XIII took me around 186 hours start to platinum, and Last Rebellion took me 10 hours start to platinum. Alpha Protocol also took me about 32 hours to platinum.

Click spoiler to view my PSN/360 sig boxes.

Spoiler

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#492 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:28 PM

Halo: Reach 8 hours on heroic.

#493 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:02 PM

Big update, everything should be accurate now.

#494 randomthinker

randomthinker

Demonic Imperator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:47 PM

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions on 360: Took me 11 hours on normal, 74% completion, 121/180 challenges, 30/42 achievements for 550 GS.

I'm by no means an action game expert - average at best ;)

Shank on XBLA took me 4-5 hours, 10/12 achievements for 150 GS.

Promote Infantile Spasms Awareness: Marissa's Bunny
Posted Image

#495 Seanoumaru

Seanoumaru

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:34 PM

The first post says

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey: 30/80

But personally I'm at 60 hours and I've not beaten it. I've fallen asleep a few times with the DS on though, then woke up and saved, so it probably added a few hours. I'm near the end though, and I keep using different monsters to obtain their formas, and not using a map (save for one time in the E-zone, cause of the stupid teleports).

Glad I'm not the only one that falls asleep with their DS, padding my rpgs with sleepy hours.

#496 Matedawg11

Matedawg11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:06 AM

Thanks guys this thread is really helpful even though some games take me a while longer than it says loll :p

ach.png

#497 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:03 PM

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - 43 hours 11 minutes on proud(hard) mode. That's everybodys story beaten including last episode.

Game is for psp.

#498 Clark.Griswold

Clark.Griswold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:28 PM

Anyone know how long the first (and second I guess) Deathspank games are?

@Mr Unoriginal
Have you ever considered making this project into a wiki? :)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... -Einstein

#499 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:31 PM

Anyone know how long the first (and second I guess) Deathspank games are?

@Mr Unoriginal
Have you ever considered making this project into a wiki? :)

I think the first one took me about 8-10 to get all the trophies. I would wiki it but I don't know shit about wiki. Want to help?

#500 vBison

vBison

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:42 PM

Halo 2 on the Xbox on legendary difficulty set me back a week. I spent a whole day on the first level. :(

#501 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:09 AM

LocoRoco 2 - 6 hours 7 min.

About the same time listed for locoroco 1.

#502 Clark.Griswold

Clark.Griswold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:04 PM

I think the first one took me about 8-10 to get all the trophies. I would wiki it but I don't know shit about wiki. Want to help?

I don't know anything about how to create wiki's either, but I suppose I could Google it. I work in IT, but not a programmer or anything. Just standard desktop support type stuff.

It's something I've been thinking of for a long time, me and a coworker have talked about it a lot actually. No time this week but maybe next week I'll poke around and see what I could find out.

I wonder if the people who run CAG would be interested in hosting it. Maybe I'll make a thread about it in the Feedback section.

Edit: Thread created. Let's see what they say. :)

Edited by Clark.Griswold, 27 September 2010 - 06:25 PM.

#503 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

I don't know anything about how to create wiki's either, but I suppose I could Google it. I work in IT, but not a programmer or anything. Just standard desktop support type stuff.

It's something I've been thinking of for a long time, me and a coworker have talked about it a lot actually. No time this week but maybe next week I'll poke around and see what I could find out.

I wonder if the people who run CAG would be interested in hosting it. Maybe I'll make a thread about it in the Feedback section.

Cool, sounds good. I know there is a CAGWiki for stuff like trade-in vaules, maybe it would be easy to add it there.

#504 Clark.Griswold

Clark.Griswold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:24 PM

Cool, sounds good. I know there is a CAGWiki for stuff like trade-in vaules, maybe it would be easy to add it there.

You'd think so for sure. I guess we'll wait and see what they say.

#505 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:28 PM

Pokemon Platinum (DS) - 40 hours

#506 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

Dragon Quest IX - took me 70 hours just completing main storyline, and doing a fair amount of sidequests and grinding.

#507 Anythingoo1

Anythingoo1

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

Total time logged on DMC 4 (story) was close to 10 hours, and that's with the rest of Dante's missions to complete on Dante Must Die.
Still can't quite knock down Bloody palace, spent around 3 hours and died at stage 100 :(
Posted Image

#508 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:40 PM

Professor Layton Unwound Future took me 18:01 to see "The End". I had 153 solved.

Another hour to finish the rest of story mode, and another 2-3 hours for the bonus section. I used help on the parrot puzzles. So I guess 21-22 hours for 100%.

#509 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:02 PM

Magna Carta 2(360) I beat in 36 hours with 100% completed. All achievements and all side quests etc. 1250/1250

#510 SimpRgr8

SimpRgr8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:47 AM

Professor Layton Unwound Future took me 18:01 to see "The End". I had 153 solved.

Another hour to finish the rest of story mode, and another 2-3 hours for the bonus section. I used help on the parrot puzzles. So I guess 21-22 hours for 100%.

Took me 9 hours to beat this game straight through with the minimum amount of puzzles.