Photo
- - - - -

CAG Foreplay #34: Attack of the Robots (2/28/08)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 firehawk12

firehawk12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:18 AM

There's no download link on the front page. It's only in this topic. Also the sound is messed up for me but that might just be my shitty speakers.

Sound is also broken for me as well. Is the mp3 broken?

#32 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:05 PM

Sound is also broken for me as well. Is the mp3 broken?

Yes, the whole recording got screwed up this week. We'll be back to normal next week.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#33 The Croft

The Croft

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:14 PM

With Audacity, I got the podcast pretty close to listen-able. I used noise removal and then messed with the EQ to get rid of some of that high end robot noise. Still sounds kind of bad though.

What caused that echo and overdrive after every word said?

#34 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:38 PM

With Audacity, I got the podcast pretty close to listen-able. I used noise removal and then messed with the EQ to get rid of some of that high end robot noise. Still sounds kind of bad though.

What caused that echo and overdrive after every word said?

I have no idea. Retested everything and all our equipment is working fine, so I'm not sure what happened.
Posted Image

#35 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:15 PM

Ship -- always takes a few days to get this on iTunes after you post the cast up here...at least for me. So, its not available for iTunes as of 3/1

#36 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:50 PM

Har Har Har!
Ship: Ryu Hayabusa is the guy from Shenmue? I'm sure Ryo Hazuki would disagree with that statement (Though, with the states of their respective game series he would probably love to switch places with Ryu).

#37 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:04 PM

I have no idea. Retested everything and all our equipment is working fine, so I'm not sure what happened.

Posted Image
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#38 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:30 PM

Har Har Har!
Ship: Ryu Hayabusa is the guy from Shenmue? I'm sure Ryo Hazuki would disagree with that statement (Though, with the states of their respective game series he would probably love to switch places with Ryu).

Doh, I blame the audio quality, obviously. :)

Not sure what I was thinking on that one.
Posted Image

#39 meager

meager

mooseknuckle?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:58 PM

So, is the contest postponed for this week? I don't want the prize, but... The first game I got my fiancé to play was Animal Crossing for the Gamecube. She was quite against the notion of playing games. The only real comment she made during that game was "why am I holding this controller?" But now she especially loves her DS version of Animal Crossing and plays it a bit each day.

Racko does have some strategy to it. You do have to determine the highest percentage possibility of the cards you may draw (for example...should you leave a gap between the 5 and the 9 or hope you only draw higher cards). Therefore, Mrs. Ship probably has a more analytical mind and can calculate the remaining cards better. Take her to Vegas already!

Ship, have you divulged the origin of your name? It's obviously taken from GI Joe (you have expressed your must-buy-ness for all such toys), but why did you chose to use it for CAG? Did it start as your gamertag somewhere, or was this site the first use of it for you?

#40 SeanNOLA

SeanNOLA

Ohwur? Mybur.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:45 PM

SHIPWRECKS! Transform and Roll Out!

#41 4dSwissCheese

4dSwissCheese

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:22 PM

Shame about the show last week. Ships: are you voting on Tuesday? I don't care who you vote for, but encourage everyone who can to exercise their civic rights. Vigorously, if possible.