Photo
- - - - -

Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness for PSP $29.99 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:28 PM

Got mine today, only a day after it shipped.

#62 homern3d

homern3d

30 Minutes Late

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:29 PM

My order shipped as well.

Always on Backlog | 30 Minutes Late
iPhone Apps/Games Podcast | The Appcast Podcast
"It began with a bloody S!" | The S-Words Podcast

#63 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:50 PM

Mine is being prepared for shipment. Finally!

#64 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:25 PM

Looks like they're back in stock and shipping in a week or so...

#65 anteis24

anteis24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:30 PM

It was mentioned in the psp forums that this was probably reprinted. Ebay was flooded (relatively) with new copies starting about a week ago, plus it was available from other retailers (such as on preorder at Best Buy with a release date of 4/17) and Amazon through other stores.

#66 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:25 PM

If it was indeed reprinted, hopefully it means they will get to work on a port of Disgaea 2 for psp after they port AoD to the DS.

#67 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:30 AM

Is $29.99 an universal price drop?

#68 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:27 AM

Is $29.99 an universal price drop?

I doubt it.

Most places don't / won't carry it anymore (except an eTailer similar to GQD).

Some people have suggested a reprint. It's possible there was excess inventory at the manufacturer, which was bought up by other distributors.

I think a lot of people bought the Amazon.com copies. Now, these people are listing these up at various places like eBay. The price should fall for a while, so you may want to check out other sources for a copy.

#69 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:51 AM

So tempted b/c of all the praise this series gets; but, other than Jeane D'Arc, I haven't spent much time with this genre since Shining Force II on the SEGA Genesis. Would this game be too difficult for me to enjoy it?

#70 hohez

hohez

Rarely Posting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:01 PM

I ordered on March 30 for $29.99 and mine still hasn't shipped.

#71 robbart914

robbart914

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:09 PM

So tempted b/c of all the praise this series gets; but, other than Jeane D'Arc, I haven't spent much time with this genre since Shining Force II on the SEGA Genesis. Would this game be too difficult for me to enjoy it?

Wasn't SFII epic? They've infused a lot of depth in the genre since then. FFT and Disgaea are both heralded, but they're not as accessible as SF was for its time (nor Jeanne for the current period). Basically, if you have a solid sense of patience, they're probably more rewarding, but the learning curve is definitely steeper. Disgaea's pretty funny, especially if you're an anime fan. And FFT pretty epic. But even I've only played bits and pieces before I get overwhelmed. Your call.

#72 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:36 PM

29.99 is universal...i saw it for that price at GS and Walmart. The cool thing about waiting for this one is that I'm only paying $9.99. The first order they cancelled after 3 weeks by mistake, I got $10 off...and then DoYa had that $10 for recommending businesses, and that went there...so, $10 for a great game = awesome

and thank freaking god, it's being prepared to ship after waiting since February!

596772.png

#73 SINNED

SINNED

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:20 PM

Is this a good port? I never played the PS2 version.

#74 rodeojones903

rodeojones903

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:33 PM

Is this a good port? I never played the PS2 version.

Its supposedly better since it has extra content.

#75 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:43 PM

I doubt they'll reprint since they're coming out with it again on the DS later this year.

#76 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:29 PM

Wasn't SFII epic? They've infused a lot of depth in the genre since then. FFT and Disgaea are both heralded, but they're not as accessible as SF was for its time (nor Jeanne for the current period). Basically, if you have a solid sense of patience, they're probably more rewarding, but the learning curve is definitely steeper. Disgaea's pretty funny, especially if you're an anime fan. And FFT pretty epic. But even I've only played bits and pieces before I get overwhelmed. Your call.

Thanks a ton for your thoughts--they've just saved me $30 on the point about being patient, because I am not.

#77 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:25 PM

Thanks a ton for your thoughts--they've just saved me $30 on the point about being patient, because I am not.

Yeah, me too. I've disliked every Final Fantasy Tactics game I've played (always quit within a few hours), and most of these games are too hard for me.

Good to hear Jeane D'Arc isn't like that. I might pick it up now that it's $20 at Toy's R Us.

I loved Shining Force 2 (and Dragon Force was AWESOME). Some other games you might like are Vandal Hearts 1 on the Playstation 1 if you can find it, and the Gamecube Fire Emblem (I haven't played the Wii one yet and it's supposed to be WAY harder and got much worse reviews because of that). Vandal Hearts 1 I think almost anyone that liked Shining Force 2 would like.

I hate these games where you've got to reload thousands of times and memorize people's birth date and favorite food or whatever :lol:

#78 KiySeph

KiySeph

Ninja BOOM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:42 PM

The Sunnyvale Frys received three copies of Disgaea PSP and they were both priced at $29.99, so I can verify that this are not just amazon.com prices. All three copies were gone by the end of the weekend.
"By using the Insignificant Present, you had a very fruitful experience that cannot be understood by someone who does not use something insignificant." - Earthbound

Posted Image

Posted Image

#79 taz98spin

taz98spin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:06 PM

Just got my copy today too! It's 29.99 at Best Buy too!
Currently playing

Final Fantasy Tactics!! :D