[CANADA] FS 20-25 bucks off ANYTHING! (DEAD)

ikariwarriors

CAGiversary!
This deal is dead now. Sorry to all those who missed out

hey folks, please forgive me if this has already been posted, but i'm very excited by what appears to be an error with Futureshop online. we have done this several times already and it has WORKED:

1. add a blank Verbatim Blur-Ray BD-R to your cart ($22.99) or a blank Verbatim Blu-ray BD-ER to your cart ($27.99)

2. add WHATEVER else you want to your cart

3. the cart will automatically give you a $50 discount on your total

*** the rules for this deal also say they will give you a $50 gift card IN STORE, but we had to argue with a manager for a half hour and were not allowed to use this deal, so it's serious YMMV in actual stores. thankfully, the internet doesn't seem to care ***

we were able to get Xbox Live 2800 pt cards for just over 20 bucks. godspeed before this is corrected and ended.

EDIT: this does indeed appear to be an error, since buying any Blu-Ray PLAYER is supposed to give you the $50 credit. HOWEVER, it does say "with the purchase of this Product" on the page of the disc alone, so it might still work.

EDIT 2: my girlfriend just came back home with a $50 gift card, so i suppose some stores are actually letting that slide, haha

What the hell, nothing to lose on this one.

I'll give it a try. Thanks OP.

Edit: Looks like those BD-Rs are sold out. Make sure you order to ship seperately. I'll post back when I get an order cancellation =p

Just ordered a 2800 points card...I REALLY doubt this is gonna work.

I opted for in-store pickup...is that gonna screw me over?

why are you guys buying 2800 points cards? Just keep checking out with the 1400's...

but too bad shippings 7 bucks >

My 3 orders are now at "checking availability", since I opted for in-store for all 3 (2 1400 Xbox Live card orders, and Lost Odyssey).

We shall see...

Hopefully it works. I ordered a blue DS system; with tax and the BD-R it came up to $127, which is cheaper than just buying a DS elsewhere. I am picking it up, so I am not obligated to buy anything at this point. And at some point I will return the BD-R as well :)

If they let me :)

If I ordered online and I want to return the BD-R's what will i need to print off? Will they send me a receipt in an email? Will that be enough?

Thanks guys. Ebay seems to be a better way to go, since on my receipt the bluray discs only show as 8 dollars.

[quote name='DMPugh']Just got 3 confirmation emails saying they're available for pickup.[/quote]

haha no way. I ordered about 6 things in store and haven't got any confirmation email yet (But you ordered about an hour before I did). If it works, maybe I'll pick up Mario Galaxy for when I get a Wii. By the way...how'd you get Smash bros for 35$? I was going to get that, but in store pickup is unavailable cause its a preorder and with the blue ray disc the total for shipping comes to about 45$...so I didn't bother.

I did it for No More Heroes and Zack & Wiki to pick up in store at Metrotown. I didn't want to pay shipping, but hopefully this isn't me pushing my luck.

This is also my first time using my credit card so hope it goes through smoothly >.>

by the way, Assassins creed is 20$ Off for this week, so if this deal goes through you can get it for like 12$ in store.

[quote name='Spades22']By the way...how'd you get Smash bros for 35$? I was going to get that, but in store pickup is unavailable cause its a preorder and with the blue ray disc the total for shipping comes to about 45$...so I didn't bother.[/quote]

Well I just added it to my cart and didnt choose in store pick up. You still get the discount if you dont pick it up in store. You can choose to ship the discs now and the game when it comes out, and the shipping costs were the same for me. After shipping and taxes the BD-R's and Brawl were $35

[quote name='ikariwarriors']hey folks, please forgive me if this has already been posted, but i'm very excited by what appears to be an error with Futureshop online. we have done this several times already and it has WORKED:

1. add a blank Verbatim Blur-Ray BD-R to your cart ($22.99) or a blank Verbatim Blu-ray BD-ER to your cart ($27.99)

2. add WHATEVER else you want to your cart

3. the cart will automatically give you a $50 discount on your total

*** the rules for this deal also say they will give you a $50 gift card IN STORE, but we had to argue with a manager for a half hour and were not allowed to use this deal, so it's serious YMMV in actual stores. thankfully, the internet doesn't seem to care ***

we were able to get Xbox Live 2800 pt cards for just over 20 bucks. godspeed before this is corrected and ended.

EDIT: this does indeed appear to be an error, since buying any Blu-Ray PLAYER is supposed to give you the $50 credit. HOWEVER, it does say "with the purchase of this Product" on the page of the disc alone, so it might still work.

EDIT 2: my girlfriend just came back home with a $50 gift card, so i suppose some stores are actually letting that slide, haha[/quote]

So did you get the discount AND a giftcard?

[quote name='gamer602']So did you get the discount AND a giftcard?[/quote]

we got a giftcard for the in-store purchase, and a discount for our separate online order.

wow, i got at least 5 orders in. mario galaxy and creed on the ps3. screw futureshop is the best thing since cream cheese.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']we got a giftcard for the in-store purchase, and a discount for our separate online order.[/quote]
When you do the instore option, doesnt the price ALREADY REFLECT the DISCOUNT?

So does that mean you got the discount AND A GIFT CARD?

[quote name='gamer602']When you do the instore option, doesnt the price ALREADY REFLECT the DISCOUNT?

So does that mean you got the discount AND A GIFT CARD?[/quote]

she just went in on the way home from work, and picked up a BD-R without ordering online, so she got a gift card. sorry for confusion.

I'm amazed this isn't on RFD. My orders are ready to be picked up now.

Zack & Wiki: $4
Professor Layton: $8
No More Heroes: $25

[quote name='Firestorm']I'm amazed this isn't on RFD. My orders are ready to be picked up now.

Zack & Wiki: $4
Professor Layton: $8
No More Heroes: $25[/quote]

Let us know what happens!

How long can you wait before you pickup? I don't have a vehicle but my nearest location didn't have anything in stock...so nothing is in walking
distance.

Oh ya and on my orders it shows "Cancelled shipment" for all the CDs, however I can still pickup the games apparently and the total cost for each item fell by about 25-30%...so its still sweet :D

And...for the ones where I tried to get the item free, everything was cancelled. So apparently as long as you have like 1$+ worth of items it seems to work...

[quote name='Spades22']How long can you wait before you pickup? I don't have a vehicle but my nearest location didn't have anything in stock...so nothing is in walking
distance.

Oh ya and on my orders it shows "Cancelled shipment" for all the CDs, however I can still pickup the games apparently and the total cost for each item fell by about 25-30%...so its still sweet :D

And...for the ones where I tried to get the item free, everything was cancelled. So apparently as long as you have like 1$+ worth of items it seems to work...[/quote]

So you can pick up the games even thou the BLU-Ray is Out of stock/CANCELLED?

Placed 2 orders for in store pickup. Will see tomorrow morning whether or not I get the emails telling me my orders are ready for pickup.

[quote name='gamer602']So you can pick up the games even thou the BLU-Ray is Out of stock/CANCELLED?[/quote]

ya haha...actually I like them cancelling it...it says available for in store pickup but my 40$ items are now 30$ total, and my 35$ item is 25$...etc.
so basically it seems my deals are like 25$ off + 30% off after the 25$ is already taken off lol. (but no cd...)

Whoo, ordered DDR Ultimate 1 for Xbox 360 ($3) and Galaxy ($25). Hopefully it'll work. :) I'd have ordered more, but the damn discs are now out of stock at all the locations in Winnipeg. :(

Is there any way to have the discs shipped and the video games picked up in store?

[quote name='Spades22']ya haha...actually I like them cancelling it...it says available for in store pickup but my 40$ items are now 30$ total, and my 35$ item is 25$...etc.
so basically it seems my deals are like 25$ off + 30% off after the 25$ is already taken off lol. (but no cd...)[/quote]

So pick em up and report back!

This is great, you know you can get 30 dollars gift cards for these and it'll turn out to be like 10 dollars if you get the stuff shipped.

Ack, I hope they don't fix it before my sister gets home. I knew I should've memorized her credit card number!

Placed another three orders:
Guild Wars Nightfall
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Wii component cables

Hope they go through. :)

This totally beats Sig's Wii games sale as well.

man those cds sold out fast....now i'd need to drive like half an hour to get to the nearest location...so I'll just stick with the 3 items that actually went through...

Well I got my confirmation email.

Here's hoping they don't back out when I get there. *crosses fingers*

I dunno about you guys, but for me, even if an item shows as in stock on the item page (in-store), it shows as Out of Stock when I try to checkout with the Pickup option, and I can't choose to pick up at any of my four stores.

bread's done
Back