WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2008 (360) $19.90 + S&H at GoGamer.com (Ends 3/4)

I might pick it up for this price, but the game was practically unplayable to me as a new player when I tried it at the store, does it have some sort of built-in tutorial or anything like that?

Is this a sort of NewEgg deal where games are listed under a different section? If not, then why is it listed under PSP games? I am just making sure this isn't, yet another, YMMV deal (even though GoGamer is a good website).

in the e-mail advertisement it says:

WE PINNED THE PRICE TO THE MAT! WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2008 for XBox 360 only $19.90 - SAVE 67%
10px_spacer.gif
LIMIT ONE PER CUSTOMER. SmackDown vs. RAW 2008 offers multiple enhancements, including more DEPTH and STRATEGY, updated rosters for both RAW and SmackDown, an EXPANDED General Manager Mode, superstar fighting STYLES and MORE!
10px_spacer.gif
"A massive step forward for SmackDown's fighting system" (Games Master U.K.)

So I'm pretty sure it is definitely a 360 version.

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']does it have some sort of built-in tutorial or anything like that?[/quote]

yes

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']I might pick it up for this price, but the game was practically unplayable to me as a new player when I tried it at the store, does it have some sort of built-in tutorial or anything like that?[/quote]

Yes, it has video tutorials that will teach you everything you need to know.

As for the deal, I already have 08, bought it at launch, but for $19.99, despite the bad story mode, it's 100% worth it, especially for the new wrestling engine.

bought it for 50 at toys r us. hated it because it was just like 2007 with a few moot improvements. Sold it on Ebay for 45.

19.xx!!! That's cheaper than most places sell 2007 used. So I bite on this one.

JUST A HEADS UP!

Look in the category...platform it says 360 (and pic) but it's under PSP/PSP Fighting...don't be surprised if you open the package to see a PSP game in there instead...

That being said, it does say "original price 59.99" so I may just risk this one...

[quote name='AlphakirA']JUST A HEADS UP!

Look in the category...platform it says 360 (and pic) but it's under PSP/PSP Fighting...don't be surprised if you open the package to see a PSP game in there instead...

That being said, it does say "original price 59.99" so I may just risk this one...[/quote]

Worst case scenario I am seeing is that they could cancel the order if it is actually meant to be the PSP version. Everything, including the e-mail, the listeing, and the original price all point to it being the 360 version, so I wouldn't worry.

Bah. Ordered it from them 3 days ago for 40 bucks. They still haven't shipped it out and now there's a pricedrop. Here's hoping I can cancel it and order it again for half. :p

Its a good game. The story mode is a little weird since they combined it with GM mode, and the roster is so completely out of date, but other than that, its solid.

Plus you can use your own music during your create a wrestler entrances.

[quote name='SoNiC1023']Can you use GCO and get $10 off? Also how fast is the 2 dollar shipping?[/QUOTE]

They usually ship USPS First Class, it doesn't take to long.

Only takes me a day to get things from there though.

[quote name='breakin2']Do the load times suck like previous years?[/QUOTE]

I to would really like to know this.. Smackdown 2007's load times were horrific, almost runined the game IMO.

[quote name='spotty']Does Go-Gamer sell only new games or are they used?[/quote]

From my experiences with purchasing from them the games are new.

snagged it as well. Heres to hoping it really is the 360 version, and not some giant mistake on their part. Good find TC.

There is still a couple days left for this sale and I was gonna take my time and think about getting it but at this price is there any chance they sell out and cancel the sale?

Selling out is a possiblity, but as far as the duration of the sale, there is a timer on the item page that counts down the remaining time. There are still a few days left.

[quote name='Reck_Havoc']I to would really like to know this.. Smackdown 2007's load times were horrific, almost runined the game IMO.[/quote]

they are not short by any stretch of the term, but not nearly as horrendous as 2007 or 2006!!! Its not a bad game. Its just not a solid even annual update. Really good update at a sub-20 price tag.

Hmmm, I went to the Xbox 360 category and checked under Fighting and I didn't see the game listed at all. I guess I'll wait until people respond if they really got the 360 or the PSP version of the game. I hate when websites don't check for mistakes. :(

[quote name='Chocoburger']Hmmm, I went to the Xbox 360 category and checked under Fighting and I didn't see the game listed at all. I guess I'll wait until people respond if they really got the 360 or the PSP version of the game. I hate when websites don't check for mistakes. :([/quote]

It's never been listed under 360 on their site. When I ordered it a few days ago it was also under "PSP" but I had found it with a search by Froogle by typing in "Smackdown 360 2008".

i really hate this came because of the new control presented on 07, but this game dont have those old fashion controller type to change into. Nonetheless, this is one of the best deal I've see on this site. Thanks op.
i think i will bit if my brother wants.

I got the game on lunch. hated it. Traded it a couple days later. The ecw guys and matches were cool. The controls kinda sucked. The fighters can only use to different control schemes so this limts the game imo.

Thanks OP! In for one. Figured it would be fun playing with a couple friends over and $20 was the sweet spot for me on this year's version.

on the final checkout review right before you click "place order" it says smackdown for the xbox 360. If they do end up sending the psp version Ima be purty peessed off!

I'm really surprised that so many people haven't heard or ordered from gogamer.com! Unless these members are really that new to video games, GoGamer.com has been around for a LONG time now. Anyway, this is an awesome deal for those who like wrestling games. Stupid story and somewhat outdated roster (to be honest, this is like any sports game, unless you buy every single year brand new, the roster is going to be outdated no matter how hard you try) but great game otherwise. Needless to say, I bit :whee:

bread's done
Back