Think You Have Good Baby Name, Do Ya?

Wombat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well due to overwhelming request, here it is the official try to think of better than mrs. Wombat or I can come up with thread. Who knows we may pick one these suggestions and there may even be a prize. There are some rules though.

rule 1: It must be a girl's name (duh)

rule 2: It must begine with either an E, S, or R

rule 3: You must suggest a middle name as well, also they must begin with either an E, S, or R

rule 4: both names cannot start with the same letter.

OK guys lets see what you got!

Sue Rose or Susan Rose
Emeril Raven
Emily Stark (Get the comic book reference to Tony Stark of Ironman since Wombat likes comics and it's a girl)
Susan Rebecca or Rebecca Susan
Sapphire Emerald (Just being silly with this one)
Ruby Sue or Sue Ruby
Raven Electra (Another comic reference)
Rachel Sadie
Roxanne Elisa
Ruth Elizabeth or Elizabeth Ruth
Elizabeth Ruby
Eliza Robin or Robin Eliza

Suggested names below this portion are by my loving girlfriend who doesn't want children at the moment but some day.

Raven Saraves
Robin Evan
Roselynne Starr
Starline Evelyn
Evelynn Starr
Emily Strange
Raiden Starr

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']E S R is a pretty specific request? Is there some backstory to this preference?[/QUOTE]

Yeah WTF ?

Are you passing on your monogrammed towels to your firstborn ?

To answer Dr Mario Cart and the other comments reagrding the S, E and R.... as you all know we are Jewish and in Jewish tradition we name our children after deceased relatives.. so S is for my grandmother (her name was Syde), E is for Wombat's grandfather (his name was Ernest) and R is both for my grandmother Rose and Wombat's grandmother Rita. So, we would like to stick to those letters as they have meaning to us. But if you have other "starter" names you want to throw out there.. go for it..

[quote name='mrswombat']To answer Dr Mario Cart and the other comments reagrding the S, E and R.... as you all know we are Jewish and in Jewish tradition we name our children after deceased relatives.. so S is for my grandmother (her name was Syde), E is for Wombat's grandfather (his name was Ernest) and R is both for my grandmother Rose and Wombat's grandmother Rita. So, we would like to stick to those letters as they have meaning to us. But if you have other "starter" names you want to throw out there.. go for it..[/QUOTE]

I understand, but wouldn't that mean your kid, your kid's, etc would have to the same thing over & over & over. I don't like this Jewish tradition at all! That's what last names are used for.

Sorry for being a dick, but it's just that this tradition is pretty limiting. Middlenames are used to honor people too for christ sake. My middle names of Carol, Lowell, and Shane are all there to honor someone in my family. The first name is for fun, while the middle and last are all business; like a mullet.

Shina Root
Ren Soul
Roberta Superwoman
Sucka Rule

Here are the nomines for the "Name Baby Wombat" Competition..

Number 1.
Suzanna Evelyn [wombat] -

Number 2.
Sian Rosella [wombat]

Number 3.

Rachel Siobhan or Siobhan Rachel [wombat]

[quote name='guju900']Emily Rose Wombat[/quote]

I think Emily Rose is a pretty good name, kind of hard to tell though since we don't get a last name.

[quote name='Captain Freeze']Robocop.[/quote]

The thread should have been closed after this one.

Rebecca Eve sounds pretty awesome, IMO. I am fairly certain that both names are Jewish as well. Or popular amongst Jewish names.

Wait, are YOU having a baby now too? Keep in mind I'm 3 CAGcasts behind at the moment ;). Playing too much Lost Odyssey to listen to you guys...

After our first born girl (Sierra) we had the name Sophia picked out as the girl option for the next two. Since we kept both a surprise we didn't know if they were going to be girls or boys (for anyone about to have a baby it really is better not to find out - that is a huge point of anticipation. We knew on the last one and it was like, oh there he is - no surprise involved and very anticlimactic).

Turns out we had 2 boys so we never used Sophia. And now it has become an ultra-popular name so I would probably not use it but I definitely still like it.

Oh I believe we also had Suzanna picked out as a finalist. Funny, we seemed to like the 'S' names for no particular reason.

Resident Evil Siesta! (You MUST include the exclamation point in the baby's name)
Rachel Elise
Samantha Ezekiel
Elizabeth (Poppin') Smoke

~HotShotX

[quote name='io']Wait, are YOU having a baby now too? Keep in mind I'm 3 CAGcasts behind at the moment ;).[/quote]Yup, the Wombats are expecting a baby girl in July.

My sister just named her daughter Evganeline.

Given the recent CAGcast, couldn't you just give her an other letter name and call her E/R/S two days a year?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yup, the Wombats are expecting a baby girl in July.[/quote]

yea, it'll be funny if she was born july 28th, same bday as me :p

Whatever you do Do Not take a normal name and give it some stupid spelling ... like spelling Christina as Crystyna or Britany with three 'M's and a silent 'Q'

For more examples of what not to do:
Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing

I've tried to come up with some Australian Marsupial names with those letters (not easy)

Echidna (not a marsupial)
Sugar Glider
Ringtailed Possum

Now if you weren't set on those letters there's some real beauties:
Bandicoot
Quoll
Pademelon
Numbat

[quote name='Paradroid']Whatever you do Do Not take a normal name and give it some stupid spelling ... like spelling Christina as Crystyna or Britany with three 'M's and a silent 'Q'

For more examples of what not to do:
Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing

[/QUOTE]

Parts of that are funny and I certainly am against the ridiculous spelling variation naming concept (though the editorial comments are pretty craptacular - someone who thinks they are funny but can't write or spell worth shit).

Here's one section I disagree with wholeheartedly (other than the "from a boy" comment ;)):
We have a 4 year old girl named Luna & I'm 8 months pregnant now from a boy.
(I should think so!)

We were thinking about : Lucca (He lives on the second floor.)
Matteo
Milan
Mathio
Keanu (Duuuuuude!)
Could someone suggest us some other special names for a boy please...

Sure! Triste! Firenze! Roma! Venezia! Vespa! Con Carne! Bicicletta! Amontillado! Vente-uno! Coloseo! Proscutto! Cavalleria Rusticana! Parmagiana! Ponte Veccio! Stronzo! Espresso! Dean Martin!

My first son is named Matteo and I think we hit that one out of the park - it is far and away my favorite name choice of all my kids or any name I've ever heard for a kid. It is familiar and yet unique - Italian for Matthew. And my last name is Italian so I needed the vowel ending and that's tough for boy's names. And it has a handy shorthand nickname built in (Teo). Matteo hovers around 600-800th place on the Social Security site list of baby names so it is in use but definitely unique enough without being outrageous.

By the way, Wombat, you may want to check the Social Security name site:

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

It is a great way to get name ideas and also see which ones are too popular (so you don't have to give your kid a nickname to differentiate them from the 3 other kids in their class with the same name).

As you can see Sophia and Samantha are 9th and 10th for 2006 so there's a good chance there will be 2 or 3 in every class while she grows up if you name her one of those names (though I still like Sophia). And for god's sake don't pick Emily or Emma - there are 100's of those in every school!

[quote name='Brad Bishop']I almost put a silent 'Q' in my daughter's name just to screw with her:
Samanthaq

Years of torment would have laid ahead of her as her teachers called out: Samanthaq and then she corrected them with, "The Q is silent... Shhhhh...."[/QUOTE]

:lol: i actually disturbed my co-workers when i read that :D

bread's done
Back