So my 1019 memory card just decided to corrupt itself for NO DAM REASON!

Nirvanaguy777

CAGiversary!
Honestly what the hell. I was literally playing SSBM (on Wii, memory cards in the Wii), shut it off normally, went to bed, just came home from work and fucking my cards corrupted. Its so corrupt it won't even let me reformat it...so what? it becomes unless? You know what really grinds my shit, how nintendo put out those fucking memory cards to begin with. It was like 59, 251, then 1019 so I was constantly shifting data to new memory cards as to not have a cluttered mess of memory cards (had the GC since launch). Now this happens...I had literally filled the entire card with memory. Thats games I played in highschool nearly till the end of college. Why, fucking why!

There was a thread in the Wii forum about this. Some reported that they had WiiConnect24 on and Standby mode on when their Memory Cards FUBAR'd.

I turned off Standby mode off a long time ago since it also causes the Wii to become too warm when idle. Thankfully I never experienced this problem.

Man that's rough luck. Did you have old copies of data on those old memory cards that you can restore from? Also, you must have a lot of games to fill up so many memory cards?! I have a 251 and a 59 (which came w/animal crossing) and so the 59's full with animal crossing, but the 251 only has like 50 blocks used on it.

It's stories like these though that make me wonder if I shouldn't try hunting down a 2nd memory card just to have as a backup. If it's cheap enough...

Ruahrc

that sucks man.

At first I was hoping you were playing Eternal Darkness and the game was just fuckin with ya, then we could be like "hey, it's just the game!" and everything would be right in the world

i remember when all of my fucking data got erased too. i had a 251. After that i was constantly copying stuff to another card after i finished playing. it gets annoying but its the safest way to do it.

What a bitch, well anyways I will turn off standby mode later today (have to go work and such), man so many great memories. Smash, Harvest Moon (AWL AND MM!!!), Animal Crossing....goddam I even miss my Medabots save file :(.

I'm afraid the same thing will happen with my 251. I have two 1061 or whatever, but for some reason I can't copy my F-Zero file to the 1061 one.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'm afraid the same thing will happen with my 251. I have two 1061 or whatever, but for some reason I can't copy my F-Zero file to the 1061 one.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem trying to copy an F-Zero savegame. I think F-Zero saves are protected and won't allow you to copy them no matter what. :cry:

Same thing happened to me a couple times a few months back. I am still kind of pissed. I haven't had a problem since I turned off Wiiconnect 24

I think it's horrible, they won't let you copy certain game saves like F-Zero and Animal Crossing. Who cares if it allows cheating if you could copy saves (I'm guessing that is the reason or one of the reasons). I like having backup saves as there is nothing worse than losing all your progress on a game.

Some XBox games have the same problem, I'm scared the HD could crash so I want to back up saves to a memory card and it won't let me copy certain game saves to the card.

[quote name='maigoyume']so long story short, don't leave your gc mem card in your wii when its on standby right?[/QUOTE]

True

That's pretty bad if the Wii is known to do that. Do we know if Nintendo has addressed the problem in more recent Wii's? I'm thinking of picking up a Wii sometime later this year and would love to know if it will still have the same problem.

even if it does end up having that problem, you can always just remove your mem cards from the wii (assuming you still leave it on standy, if not then you don't even have to bother)

Memory cards always fuck up at the worst times possible. on my 1019, my 100% complete V3 file fucked out, as did my shadow the hedgehog and SSBM (also 100%) and I was like "WHY GOD WHYYYYYYYYYYY?"

I remember in college I had a PS2 and GC memory card go corrupt on the same day. The only save files that got fucked were the ones that I had been playing the day before, Transformers on PS2, and Mega Man Anniversary on GC. I had beaten the first 7, and was on the 8th game--I think blood poured out of my eyes at that point.

Man, this thread had everything I didn't want to read. Sucks. I'm thinking there might be a way of salvaging the card. Cmon internets.

Man, this thread had everything I didn't want to read. Sucks. I'm thinking there might be a way of salvaging the card. Cmon internets.

bread's done
Back