Target Clearance Thread X

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3785 replies to this topic

#3781 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:58 AM

I thought I hit the 360 clearance motherload today when I saw about 200 green cases added the the clearance endcap. Unfortunately, all 200+ were COD 2. Seriously, one whole shelf filled with at least 200 copies of a 3 year old game. WTF

They're just going to end up giving them to good will. I would try getting a bunch of them with the 10 off coupon if they are 9.98. Then give them away to friends, trade them at Blockbuster or Gamestop, or attempt selling them on ebay.

#3782 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:00 AM

I thought I hit the 360 clearance motherload today when I saw about 200 green cases added the the clearance endcap. Unfortunately, all 200+ were COD 2. Seriously, one whole shelf filled with at least 200 copies of a 3 year old game. WTF

Mine had it for $13.98 (Bought it for $3.98 + tax after $10 coupon). A copy just magically appeared over the weekend.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#3783 kylerg

kylerg

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:04 AM

I will have to check out mine again. Last time they had garbage.

#3784 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:54 AM

I thought the Targets in my area were mostly cleaned out of clearance games. Today, I went to Target to check if the price on some guides had dropped (waiting for 75% off). I found The Bigs 360 and a couple of Harry Potters 360 for $14.98. Bought them each for $4.98 after coupon (2 seperate transactions).

Also, found a copy of Full Auto 2 PSP. It was stickered at $14.98 but it scanned at $7.48. When I tried to pay, it rang up at $14.98. I told the clerk but she just pointed out the price on the sticker. I took other games to that same scanner and the prices where all over the place. Nascar 08 PS3 (stickered at $24.98) scanned at $41.98. :-s

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#3785 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:01 AM

Picked up Halo 3 for $22.99 before taxes. :D

The young, slightly overweight girl at Electronics hesitated when she saw the $5 off toy coupon but I was ready.

emg28: "I want to use these coupons." (hands over $5 off coupon)
Young, slightly overweight cashier: "This coupon is for "toys" only."
emg28: "It's a video game."
YSOW cashier: "Let me see your other coupon." (hands over $10 off 360 coupon)
YSOW cashier: "I can take the game coupon but I don't think I can take the $5 coupon."
emg28: "I've used it before."
YSOW cashier: "Oh, you have! Ok then." (Scans both coupons)
emg: :-\"..... :whee:

I only mentioned that the cashier was a young, slightly overweight female because I recalled that someone had posted that they usually had more success with them when it came to coupons. When I went to the Electronics department and saw the cashier, I couldn't help smiling as I remembered that post.

I know Halo 3 isn't on clearance but I did use both Target coupons.

It's because some are insecure, and I say this with experience in dealing with them. :drool:

#3786 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:13 AM

She had a good run-- mod, please close this thread. It's time for number eleven! Hope I get some more bald men on the rating.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.