CAGcast #110: Urge to Kill, Rising

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
CheapyD talks about his YouTube suspension, Xbox 360 reliability, and how Microsoft's support in Japan differs from the West. We also cover new releases, industry news, your CAGbag questions, and much more. There's something offensive for everyone!

Win Bully Scholarship Edition (Wii)
Win Turok (360)
Win Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom (360)

[media]http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast110.mp3[/media]
Download
- 99 minutes, 46MB
[digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg]
Past CAGcasts

Be sure to listen to the very end of the show as I found out (after the show) that the actual complaint was filed by http://www.atarigames.com. This is just a fan site, not the real Atari! I'm sure they do not own the rights to these videos. Just because the videos were watermarked with their URL does not give them a legitimate copyright claim. I'm sure YouTube just saw the name "Atari" and figured out they were legit.

I'll be going through the proper legal channels with YouTube to get my account back.

These are the videos that got me booted:
Atari Kangaroo Dealer Promo Video
K.C . Munchkin on the Odyssey 2
Bally Arcade Commercial

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

e2c7cb33cb_lucic_10192007.jpg
u guys r cool

That sucks about youtube. Same shit happened with yu-gi-oh the abridged series.

Since you forgot to give away the 2 other copies of Commanders: Attack of the Genos can I have one?

Good thing I stayed up. BTW I Bully Scholarship edition for the 360 rocks. I just find the cutscenes kind of choppy but R* says it's cause I'm using an "older system". Still a great game though.

[quote name='NateWhs152']Atari can go straight to HELL, I'll never buy a game from them again.[/quote]
Be sure to listen to the very end of the show as I found out (after the show) that the actual complaint was filed by http://www.atarigames.com. This is just a fan site, not the real Atari! I'm sure they do not own the rights to these videos. Just because the videos were watermarked with their URL does not give them a legitimate copyright claim. I'm sure YouTube just saw the name "Atari" and figured out they were legit.

I'll be going through the proper legal channels with YouTube to get my account back.

Bally Arcade Commercial

[quote name='CheapyD']Be sure to listen to the very end of the show as I found out (after the show) that the actual complaint was filed by http://www.atarigames.com. This is just a fan site, not the real Atari! I'm sure they do not own the rights to these videos. Just because the videos were watermarked with their URL does not give them a legitimate copyright claim. I'm sure YouTube just saw the name "Atari" and figured out they were legit.

Bally Arcade Commercial[/quote]

That Atari Kangaroo is a valuable asset to atarigames.com. They would have surely gone out of business if they didn't shut you down.

[quote name='CheapyD']Be sure to listen to the very end of the show as I found out (after the show) that the actual complaint was filed by http://www.atarigames.com. This is just a fan site, not the real Atari! I'm sure they do not own the rights to these videos. Just because the videos were watermarked with their URL does not give them a legitimate copyright claim. I'm sure YouTube just saw the name "Atari" and figured out they were legit.

Bally Arcade Commercial[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't it be more effective to put the correction at the beginning of the show, since the it's the first topic that's discussed?

Cheapy, why didn't you just get the warranty on your 360 so if it red rings then you can just get a new one from best buy or whatever store. Do they offer warranties on 360 systems in Japan stores?

[quote name='SirSilverMax']Cheapy, why didn't you just get the warranty on your 360 so if it red rings then you can just get a new one from best buy or whatever store. Do they offer warranties on 360 systems in Japan stores?[/quote]Because it would still cost me about $200 in shipping to get it to and from Japan. I don't believe Japanese stores offer that sort of thing.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Here's a link to atraigames.com's contact form:
http://www.atarigames.com/page16/page16.php[/quote]
Please don't contact them. I've got it under control.

fight the power cheapy...casual cags that got turned on to the cagcast thanks to your videos are counting on you

CheapyD!

Sorry to hear about your YouTube fiasco. Hope all goes well.
I wanted to write about your Jeers choice on the GH3 DLC, mainly the free tracks people will be able to download (Dropkick Murphys). They're an awesome energetic mainstream punk band (non-emo) with a celtic touch. I'd highly advise you to at least try the free tracks because you'd be expanding your music taste, even if you haven't heard of the band.

Cheers to a great show!
Happy birthday to me.
Nice to meet you all!
XD

-Jeebus

I didn't listen to all the podcast, but are you having a problem getting Xbox Japan to fix your 360, Cheapy? Xbox Japan fixed my (American) 360 for free (sent a guy to pick it up, and speed returned it, took all of 5 days). They put in a new motherboard, disk tray and cooling fan. They also gave me a month of live.

Everything is great so far.

[quote name='megabadd']I didn't listen to all the podcast, but are you having a problem getting Xbox Japan to fix your 360? Xbox Japan fixed my (American) 360 for free (sent a guy to pick it up, and speed returned it, took all of 5 days). They put in a new motherboard, disk tray and cooling fan. They also gave me a month of live.

Everything is great so far.[/quote]

Did you tell them it was a USA model?
When it came back, was it still a USA region machine?

I'd imagine if it can't be fixed, you would get a Japan machine returned.

[quote name='CheapyD']Did you tell them it was a USA model?
When it came back, was it still a USA region machine?

I'd imagine if it can't be fixed, you would get a Japan machine returned.[/quote]

I didn't say it was US, but they see that when they put the serial into their system. It came back and is exactly the same (sans the not working bit).

I assume if the problem is the drive, then yes, you might get a JPN system back. Though the customer rep said they *might* have USA region stuff lying around.

Cheapy, I totallay agree with you on the new release/old release argument. Like if a game is new does that make it amazing and if a game is old that means it's shitty. A game like GTA IV when it comes out will be really amazing but then after 2 months it will suddenly go crap, I think not. Gears Of war is getting old now but it's still a great game and many other games alike. I bought assassin's Creed and PGR4 yesterday and they're definitley not shit.

I forgot to congratulate Wombat. Great job knocking up the old lady. Now, I want to give some serious advice. I want more racist/ethnic jokes. I live in homogeneous Japan now and I don't hear enough ethnic jokes. I'm Mexican-American and went to a high school that literally spoke over 60 languages and had 2/3 of the school speak a language besides English at home. I miss my Jew/Polish/Greek/Indian/etc. jokes. My cousin made $10 a day in Mexico fixing computers and worked a month in Chicago at Toys 'R' Us making $7/Hour. I still laughed at the 5 cents/hour joke. Keep that up. Make fun of Japanese more, please.

Cheapy, I went to the store every week for the past month to check on the prices of Heavenly Sword and Uncharted. They both dropped to a about $40, then I waited and they both dropped more. They are on my mind constantly now that they are approaching "cheap ass gamer" status. These whiners are equivalent to asking for bigger boobs on a lil tits website.

Also, the PS3 region free aspect is a HUGE reason why I bought it. If I go to the store, they have 1 shelf for 360 games and now they already have 3 full shelves for PS3 in half the time. And then if I bought 360, when I move back home I can't take the games with me. I already left my sister in Chicago Ninja Gaiden Sigma and I have imported Warhawk (I wanted the headset), Skate, and brought back UT3 and COD4. If I had 360, I would have had no choice but to wait. Look at Cheapy D, he'd love to buy a Japanese xbox 360 Rock Band, but he can't. Sucks. I'll also probably import GTA4 and MGS4 then take them both back with me when/if I leave Japan. Do you honestly think a 360 or its games would fetch me much money here in Japan if I sold them? Hell no.

Also, I might be wrong, but didn't the guy from Sony mean to say that games come out better on PS3 if they start developing with it and then port it? I don't think he meant to say that the 360 games would benefit from it. I think he meant that the 360 game wouldn't suffer while the PS3 game would be just as good. I could be wrong. Sorry for the long post.
Great show. It's turning into a routine for me. Much love from Hiroshima.

I'm now about 3 weeks behind on CAGcasts. My iPod broke and for some reason the CAGcast seems to freeze my Zune (others have reported this problem too). Since I can't listen to the CAGcast on the metro anymore, I never really have a chance to sit down and enjoy it. But, alas, I'll catch up one day!

anyone look for anos 1701 on amazon.com? I only found the computer version. I was interested in this game when it was only in Europe. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. T

:lol: My old company had a cat they traveled the country with who became famous within the colleges we went to. He now has his own facebook page. Every time you comment on his wall, he responds with "meow" on yours.

[quote name='aknowlesjr']anyone look for anos 1701 on amazon.com? I only found the computer version. I was interested in this game when it was only in Europe. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. T[/QUOTE]

They don't have a listing for it yet. I know EB/Gamestop has it though.

Cheapy, I'm honestly shocked you didn't try to send your American 360 to the repair shop. It's not like the gpu is written in Japanese. It's the same parts, and it might've solved your Rock Band problem.

I won't mention anything more on the subject, but now you can at least make an Xbox 360 coffin unpacking vid...oh wait. Well, there are other sites besides Youtube out there.

I felt bad for the kid that sent in his signed Xbox 360. I also feel it was one of the dumbest things he could have done. I would NEVER trust to get back the same one. In the end, he’ll probably be happier since Bungie will probably be sending him something 1,000 times better.

If I were a dinosaur, I'd be an egg smashing, human lurkin', Tobias Buckner eatin, shit-kickin'-asarous. That's what i'd be!

And I'd also prolly be a Bully, since they get all the hawt chicks.

/roll winner

[quote name='soliddragon']If I were a dinosaur, I'd be an egg smashing, human lurkin', Tobias Buckner eatin, shit-kickin'-asarous. That's what i'd be!

And I'd also prolly be a Bully, since they get all the hawt chicks.

/roll winner[/QUOTE]

Wrong thread. There are individual threads for each of the contests.

Great show this week. Sorry to hear about youtube suspending your account Cheapy.

Seinberg though he may not know it, is really talking about developer Nick Channon's claim that "development on the PS3 has made for a better 360 game". Channon's talking about Burnout Paradise.

[source: http://xboxer.tv/2007/11/ps3_dev_makes_for_better_360_g.html ]

Cheapy, Wombat, you guys spoke about this on a previous show. Just checking this off as a biasness from both of you [wombat included] due to the fact that you guys seemed offended by the fact that Steinberg said that a 360 game could benefit from starting development on a PS3. Cheapy/Wombat you guys could have done a little more homework on the issue.

No XMB in game access its not a big deal, now if Sony didn't have any online voice chat then I'd be upset, but just because its not cross game isn't a reason to dismiss the entire service. I've never seen people [excuse my english] bitch about something that's being given for free.

I do agree about the sense of community, but I thought that was Home was for, and the in game XMB is coming - better late than never. On Thursday me and some CAGs had a great time playing Burnout, for free, chatting, having a good time. Its about enjoying what you have. Bottom line, PSN isn't perfect, but its free and it gets the job done.

[edit] oh yeah, good show guys; sorry about your youtube account cheapy;

Time to get with the musical times Cheapy. Thrice and the Deftones are awesome bands. I find it interesting that Guitar Hero and Rock Band have become some of the main ways that bands are reaching new listeners. I personally dont play these games because I can't justify spending time learning to play a fake guitar when I could use that time to learn to play a real guitar. I recomend checking Artist in the Ambulance by Thrice if you like what you heard in Guitar Hero. Great show Cheapy. Keep up the good work.

[quote name='shipwreck']They don't have a listing for it yet. I know EB/Gamestop has it though.[/QUOTE]
Wasn't it confirmed a while back of being an EB/GameStop exclusive?

Wombat clearly you were trying to poke the bear this episode I wanted to point out the opportunity you missed. CheapyD was complaining about someones name (around the 1:00:00 mark) having no constanants. He means to say no vowels.

Edit:
No way designing a game for 360 will look better than porting to 360. There's no logical way that designing for the PS3 will make the 360 better. Now I'm sure that porting to the 360 makes a better game than porting to the PS3, but the argument here is that if you take game A which was designed for the 360 as an exclusive and game B that is multi-plat designed for the PS3 and then ported to 360. Game A > Game B.

[quote name='Cao Cao']Wasn't it confirmed a while back of being an EB/GameStop exclusive?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, I don't think the webpage has any indication of that like they usually do when they sell exclusives. Could be though?

Youtube: I sincerely hope you get your site back. I like it a lot.

On the Steinberg comments: Criterion, the developers of Burnout: Paradise, first stated that their development on the PS3 first resulted in a superior Xbox 360 verison so his Steinberg simply echoes those statements. Peter Moore also stated that because EA gave the 360 precedence this year, it's going to lead on the PS3 this year. Watch how Madden '09 improves. I'm a 360 owner by the way.

Wombat: Congrats on the advertising maximization gig. I'm looking to get such a position. If you're looking for ideas, PM me.

I had something else but I forgot. Stay up!

bread's done
Back