CAG PSN Gamesharing - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillerTime2523

CAGiversary!
Feedback
119 (99%)
Getting started, it is highly reccomended to find a Group

Post in this thread saying what you would like to purchase. Whether you want to get 5 people to buy a single game or map pack, or the entire PSN collection.

If your gamesharing group is meant for multiple transactions, one of your members should look into making a social group here on CAG.

To do this, go to the social group page, scroll down to the bottom, and click create group. Name it something like "CAG Gameshare Group __", and make it invite only. Then after you've done that, scroll to the bottom to invite your friends. This solve our communication problems between groups

ALSO - You can search this topic for games to see what other people have or want, and try and PM them and get something together.

To Users Setup on the Old Board

Here is the link:
http://caggamesharing.aforumfree.com/index.htm

A CAG Gamesharing FAQ

Q: How does gamesharing work?

A: It's simple. Once you buy a game, that game is tied to your PSN ID. Basically all you do is give someone your account info, and they click "download again." Both players will have the game, but remember, don't delete the account from your PSN, or the downloaded game will be gone!

Q: All right, seems easy enough, but how does this group thing work, and whats the point?

A: Basically, take the original idea, and add a few people into the mix. Each person logs on to the account, adds their credit card info, and buys the game(s) the group has agreed on. This is helpful to us, because prior to contorary belief, Sony limits us to gamesharing with 5 PEOPLE, not 5 shares per game. The whole group thing meets that requirement. Not to mention, having a single account for 5 people where you add and remove your credit card information is a LOT safer than just giving your account information to some random guy.

Q: This whole gamesharing thing sounds sketchy to me. Is it legit?

A: From CheapyD, the man himself:

Approved by Jack Tretton, President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment of America
http://www.wired.com/gaming/gamingreviews/news/2006/10/71982

Sony announced that players who download games from PlayStation's online shop can share them on up to five other PS3 machines.

If a player logs into his PlayStation 3 account on a friend's system, he can download any game he has already purchased. "You can send that content to four other friends for that initial investment," said Tretton. "We want to get the game in as many hands as possible." "It's not about generating profits at each and every interaction with the consumer," he said. "I think that really offsets the argument that says, 'Wow, that's a really pricey system.'"

Q: Feedback should be left for this transaction, right?

A: No. Per Trading/Feedback rules and guidelines in the trading forum:

Trading on CAG is "at your own risk". However, there are some special cases where feedback is not allowed and engaging in this specific trading activity warrants a special warning. Onto the list :

Playstation 3 gamesharing. You are opening up your account to trouble here. You know the risks.

Not sure what else I should add to this FAQ. Post or PM if you think of anything I should add. Happy sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested, depending on what games they are. Might be worth everyone putting down what they're interested in getting out of the 5 in the thread.

I'm interested. It doesn't bother me if one or two of the games are ones I already have since it will be very hard to pick 5 games that none of the 5 people have.

there's been 5-7 people that have shown interest. We should get this thing rolling. I'll go ahead and list the games I'm interested in picking up:

* Calling All Cars
* fl0w
* Super StarDust HD
* PAIN
* Everyday Shooter

I already have PixelJunk Monsters

I have a question for groups like these. If everyone downloads Tekken DR online, can everyone play it online at the same time after switching to their usual account?

I'm in for

Call all cars
Pain
Flow
Stardust
Pixeljunk

I have high velocity bowling, MKII, twisted metal, and everyday shooter.

If I don't want 1 or so of the agreed upon that's no biggie.....

[quote name='atomsk']I have a question for groups like these. If everyone downloads Tekken DR online, can everyone play it online at the same time after switching to their usual account?[/quote]

I could be wrong, but I think Warhawk is the only one with a restriction.

Me and Hone have agreed to start a group, we just need (minimum) one more member. The first games we were going to purchase would be SSHD and HVB, any additional games would be up for discussion.. Send a pm if interested

[quote name='atomsk']Can I get in on group 2?[/quote]
I added you in on group 1, as I noticed you have AIM, and one of the guys in our group only has MSN. I'll send you a message next time I see you on.

Group 1 and Group 2 are filled. i'll continue to make more groups if need be.

Group 2 I've just sent you all a message.

smiggity, hone you can psn chat with if you have further questions. If I'm online and not playing drop me a chat request.

For group 2 members

Games I already Own: PJM, Calling All Cars, Flow
Interested In: Every other PSN game, especially HVB and SSHD

group 2: I would opt for option #3, but the only thing is that StrandedBrit seems to have every game. Also do you guys have some instant messenger type service for the pc? I tend to be on that more.

Group 2.

MSN messenger?

I have :whistle2:

Piyotama, Super Stardust HD, PixelJunk Monsters, Super Puzzle Fighter, Super Rub A Dub, Everday Shooter, High Velocity Bowling, Toy Home, Calling All Cars.

Not really looking for anything, but wouldn't mind Flow, High Stakes Poker, Locoroco, Pain,

Looking forward to :whistle2: Wipeout HD, Echochrome and Bionic Commando: Rearmed.

Yeah i am unsure how it would work, My assumption is this. We each would buy a game and then remove our personal info, log off and let the next person log in and buy a game. Eventually we would all be able to share the games.

I am up for whatever the problem comes again down to how are we going to decide what games are favorable or not.

Yeah that is how it would work..Unfortunately the only game we can agree on as of now is PAIN...

Also Looking forward to Wipeout HD, !!!!Echochrome!!!! and Bionic Commando: Rearmed. Maybe we should hold off until these arrive??

that might be a good idea, though we could just start with PAIN and see how the rest pan out. Also, I'd still be interested in sharing some of the games that sb still has though that might be better for a diff group? Not sure.

I already have Pain. I would agree that it may just be best to wait for Echochrome, etc; Unless you guys want to get some PS1 games because it doesn't seem like any of us have many of those.

I already have Pain, Everyday Shooter, PixelJunk Monsters, FlOw, Jumping Flash, Medievil, and Metal Arms.

[quote name='bballplaya210']I already have Pain. I would agree that it may just be best to wait for Echochrome, etc; Unless you guys want to get some PS1 games because it doesn't seem like any of us have many of those.

I already have Pain, Everyday Shooter, PixelJunk Monsters, FlOw, Jumping Flash, Medievil, and Metal Arms.[/quote]

Either we wait or split off into smaller groups...

[quote name='StrandedBrit']I figure if maybe 3 or 4 people want a game, that's still a good deal.

Getting concensus from 5 peeps will be hard.[/quote]

Nearly Impossible..The thing is, if we can only decide on 1 game who buys it? Then we just start a rotation after first purchase? I have no problem buying BC or Wipeout as soon as they launch

Yeah, lets start with the next game, whatever it may be. Unless snake really wants Pain, in which case that could be our first. We'll figure a rotation out.

Group 2.

I figure every thursday evening or friday I'll pm everyone after the Playstation Store updates see what the interest in the new games are. Provided any are released and I remember. :D

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Group 2.

I figure every thursday evening or friday I'll pm everyone after the Playstation Store updates see what the interest in the new games are. Provided any are released and I remember. :D[/quote]

Great idea. Group 1 we should do the same.

Group 2:

If we're just going to gameshare maybe PAIN and later games, I'm probably just going to buy the others on my own earlier ones unless some people in group 2 want to just share some of the other games that others already have.

[quote name='hone']Group 2:

If we're just going to gameshare maybe PAIN and later games, I'm probably just going to buy the others on my own earlier ones unless some people in group 2 want to just share some of the other games that others already have.[/quote]

Problem is hone, that we can't just share games we already own with the new cag account. It was discussed in the main game sharing thread. Only new games we buy will be shareable.

I say group 2 members just PM me with what you currently want. I'll compile a list and if a game gets 3 or more votes we'll purchase it and figure out a paying rotation.

right, that's why I was going to get the other games you had separate from this group. I had some friends at home I might gameshare with. I'd be up with your suggestion though, 3 or more sounds like a good idea.

Figure I'd make another post, even tho no one has responded yet about Rock Band. Here's a good up-to-date thread for reference to past/future DLC. Since everyone has their own tastes it may be hard to always agree on things. Personally, I'm more interested to the heavier tracks. This Thursday's Thrash Pack is something I'm strongly considering. A few of the past artists I would consider: STP, Skynyrd, QOTSA, Rush, Oasis, and Iron Maiden.

Millertime, I think I am going to opt out at this time. i am just really sidetracked with work priorities right now. Hopefully you can put someone in my place.

I'd be willing to take Snake's place in Group 2 as well, since I'm used to seeing StrandedBrit and Hone on Warhawk nights. I currently don't have any psn games, and would be open to some.

Also, a suggestion I'm going to make is that you have everyone pitch in $5 at the start, since they use the "wallet" system. Now you have a starting pool of $25 for your group, and can decide weekly if you want to spend any of your budget. Then, when you get close to $0, or there's an expensive game out, everyone just puts in another $5 all at the same time. It's the easiest/fairest way I could think of.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Also, a suggestion I'm going to make is that you have everyone pitch in $5 at the start, since they use the "wallet" system. Now you have a starting pool of $25 for your group, and can decide weekly if you want to spend any of your budget. Then, when you get close to $0, or there's an expensive game out, everyone just puts in another $5 all at the same time. It's the easiest/fairest way I could think of.[/quote]

Sounds like a good idea actually. Hone, Smiggity and bballplaya210 what do you guys think of this system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back