The New Play-Asia Coupon Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2222 replies to this topic

#31 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:53 AM

I really do not get why people want to stop people from sharing codes. Is it to protect the owner of this site from losing his own sales?

This affiliate link thing is confusing and if anything they are helping us save money.

I do not see where we the Cheap Ass Gamers are losing out anything other then access to more coupon codes.

Just my 2 cents.

Just seems retarded.

Helped me save 10 dollars

The main 3 people who have been sharing codes were doing it for the sheer profit they receive from every person that buys under their link, under the guise of helping people. This is against the site rules and goes against the nature of things around here. These same people have only been around for a month or two and have only posted in the related threads, to make money.

Even without those users posting their codes, there have been a ton of shared coupons in the past 21 hours, only slightly less than with their "contributions."

And yes, as said earlier, by using the link in the OP, your purchases go to keep this site running and keep the contests and giveaways coming.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#32 Ksinclair

Ksinclair

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:02 AM

Not to go against this site or anything.

But it seems like a iffy move.

Like when my husband sold video games and a rival site started slandering his good name on the forums and it spread to the net to where it became such a huge false legend.

Why not defeat the purpose and just use the coupon codes without using the affiliate links.

Its not like they are holding us hostage.

#33 ozzymandd

ozzymandd

Up Twinkles!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:13 AM

$5 off $50:

RS-ZSZ-XAR

Exp. Mar 17 2008

Now Playing: New Super Mario Bros. U, Borderlands 2, Polybius

#34 SizoR

SizoR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:49 AM

Why not defeat the purpose and just use the coupon codes without using the affiliate links.

Its not like they are holding us hostage.

While there's no real obligation to use affiliate links, it gives coupon-posters incentive to keep the coupons flowing, and it's a nice way of showing your appreciation for someone who just helped you save $5/$10.

#35 Chaztin

Chaztin

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:08 PM

The main 3 people who have been sharing codes were doing it for the sheer profit they receive from every person that buys under their link, under the guise of helping people. This is against the site rules and goes against the nature of things around here. These same people have only been around for a month or two and have only posted in the related threads, to make money.

Even without those users posting their codes, there have been a ton of shared coupons in the past 21 hours, only slightly less than with their "contributions."

And yes, as said earlier, by using the link in the OP, your purchases go to keep this site running and keep the contests and giveaways coming.

A few coupons given and even fewer affiliate clicks wont make us or you millionair. I use the affliate earning to fulfil my gaming needs nothing else. And when we purchase, we are ready to use ur link.

Rules appear more like formed my jealous ppl then by any of the CAG staff.

Anyways, I will keep sharing few $5 coupons here.

#36 Chaztin

Chaztin

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:11 PM

When i first came here, only a fews days back..I was asking for coupons. So I understand few ppl really need to save money by using coupons. Few coupons without affiliate exchange wont make me begger ( as funds just fulfil my gaming needs and dont make next Bill gates ) so I wld definately keep sharing coupons here with smile :).

#37 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

Plead all you want, it's not going to to change the rules. The activity flew unnoticed under the radar for too long before we caught on and actually paid attention to what was happening.

This has nothing to do with jealousy, but simply enforcing the rules. As I said earlier, if everyone used everybody else's referral links and not the ones for CAG, this site would not continue to operate as it does today.

This discussion is over. Please keep the thread on topic.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#38 boagman

boagman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:19 PM

$5 off $50 that expires on 4-12-2008: GE-VYT-VCM

Please post when you've used it. Thanks.

#39 Mikeyjl87

Mikeyjl87

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

$5 Off $50

WX-BEA-CXB

Expires 4/20

#40 H.Cornerstone

H.Cornerstone

LaserCannonDethSentence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:46 PM

$5 off $50 that expires on 4-12-2008: GE-VYT-VCM

Please post when you've used it. Thanks.

Used! thanks.

#41 Kwama79

Kwama79

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:30 PM

$5 off $50, expires April 17, 2008:

DN-ODH-RMN

please post if you use it.

Thanks, used it today. I will post my coupon number when the order arrives.

#42 brianmoy

brianmoy

Brian the best I can.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:35 AM

:applause: Applause to sp00ge.
-----

Check out my website:
Posted Image
Since Dec 12, 2007.

#43 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:01 AM

$5 off $50, expires May 4: WS-MCO-HWL

Please post when used.

#44 Chaztin

Chaztin

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:22 AM

Coupon codes
$10 off on $50 purchase coupons,

AC - RRG - YXB
GT - NJN - SYX
AE - JDU - XLX
LY - EBF - JXG
TQ - DRQ - VYG

#45 Ashikune

Ashikune

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:19 AM

Used Chaztin's AE-JDU-XLX and TQ-DRQ-VYG coupons. Thanks.

#46 WebScud

WebScud

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:48 AM

Man. Just over an hour and I missed all five codes. Oh well.

#47 boagman

boagman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:38 AM

Coupon codes
$10 off on $50 purchase coupons,

AC - RRG - YXB
GT - NJN - SYX
AE - JDU - XLX
LY - EBF - JXG
TQ - DRQ - VYG

So, um, I have a question: how does one go about getting these $10 off $50 coupons from P/A? Every time I've ordered from them, all I've gotten is a $5 off $50 coupon.

Anyone know?

Oh, and just so folks know, Chaztin originally (even in this post) was trying to get people to use his P/A affiliate link, instead of Cheapy D's. Sp00ge altered the post to eliminate the link, and that's why the guy was banned. He knew about the rules, was warned, and *still* chose to poke the hibernating bear. He doesn't have legitimate reason to complain about the action taken.

Oh, and Sp00ge? I want to personally thank you for knowing how to spell *and* use "you're". I need my faith renewed in internet users every once in a while.

#48 Pawcio4

Pawcio4

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:46 AM

$5 off $50, expires April 18, 2008:

LC-BSB-PEF

Please post if you use it.

#49 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:44 AM

I want to personally thank you for knowing how to spell *and* use "you're". I need my faith renewed in internet users every once in a while.

Hey! I was using "you're" before everybody thought it was cool.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#50 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:38 PM

So, um, I have a question: how does one go about getting these $10 off $50 coupons from P/A? Every time I've ordered from them, all I've gotten is a $5 off $50 coupon.

Anyone know?

Oh, and just so folks know, Chaztin originally (even in this post) was trying to get people to use his P/A affiliate link, instead of Cheapy D's. Sp00ge altered the post to eliminate the link, and that's why the guy was banned. He knew about the rules, was warned, and *still* chose to poke the hibernating bear. He doesn't have legitimate reason to complain about the action taken.

Oh, and Sp00ge? I want to personally thank you for knowing how to spell *and* use "you're". I need my faith renewed in internet users every once in a while.

Yeah, as I said in the OP, this policy is now zero tolerance. Chaztin requested people use his link, that was listed in his last post, and is now banned because of it.

The same will go for any of the others that are PM poaching people requesting codes, if they are caught.

And thanks. I'm usually a bit of a grammar/spelling snob, unless I'm tired. I always find myself looking for mistakes anytime I read. I swear it's not OCD! ;)

#51 Ninja Knife

Ninja Knife

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

$5 off $50, expires April 13:

MI-HSC-PJC

Enjoy!

#52 Mattroid

Mattroid

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:05 AM

MI-HSC-PJC above used. Thanks, Ninja Knife!

Will post mine when it comes in.

#53 justcruisin1023

justcruisin1023

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:18 AM

$5 of $50
GJ-WFW-EAJ
Expires March 28
This place is so Awesome!
Pi-Pai-Ni-Ge Long-Deng-Dong.

#54 kenmasters

kenmasters

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:26 AM

$5 of $50
GJ-WFW-EAJ
Expires March 28

Relatively long CAG'er, first time poster! Sorry to be a jerk in making my first contribution to the community a post about using someone else's coupon. I'll make up for it, eventually! And by the way, thanks!

#55 guyjr

guyjr

all code and no play

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:59 PM

Just used OscarGrouch's FM-PNR-UPL - it pays to search back a few pages for unused / skipped coupon codes, thanks!

And good deal too on laying down the banhammer... CAG affiliate links FTW! (keeps CAG nice and free for the rest of us!)

#56 xmikexisxkoolx

xmikexisxkoolx

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:46 AM

5 off of 50

EG-WNR-UCS

expires May 1, 2008

USED!
PSN : xmikexisxkoolx :bouncy:

Posted Image

RUN MASHIMARO!

#57 iGen

iGen

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:30 AM

I have two codes that I have no use for, but since we can't use our own affiliate links for our own codes, why should I bother to contribute. 'Bye!

#58 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:37 AM

ND-YOG-XQI - Expires May 8th

#59 WebScud

WebScud

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:44 AM

ND-YOG-XQI - Expires May 8th

Thanks Cheapy. I used this code.

#60 WebScud

WebScud

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:46 AM

I have two codes that I have no use for, but since we can't use our own affiliate links for our own codes, why should I bother to contribute. 'Bye!

Dunno. Maybe because this forum has saved the majority of us countless dollars. The least we could do is through CheapyD a little affiliate love to help keep the servers running as good as they do.

Be thankful the you can access the forum for free.

He doesn't even as for donations.

...I'll never get people like you.