Photo
- - - - -

CAG Foreplay #36: Achievements, Increase Your Numbers! (3/12/08)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 maguszxz

maguszxz

Vote Drake/Sully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:20 PM

Great show as always. I need to listen to the show more. I forgot how good it is.

fs_overall.png

blackwindguy.png

#32 iceblast21

iceblast21

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:38 PM

Yea my local Blockbuster says it is probably their most rented 360 game. It is also back same-day frequently. And four minutes are you serious? It only took me about 2, ohhh I bet you are counting the boot-up and login time for the 360.

I refuse to rent/play Avatar for that reason - I mean, even my Achievement whoredom has its limits!!! 8-)

HAVE YOU PEOPLE NO PRIDE??? What good is an achievement like that if it only takes you 2 minutes??? :bomb:

"Who cares?! No one will know!" - If anyone is thinking that, I'll say I'm keeping an eye out for Avatar achievements now. You lose respect points for that, baby! :roll:

EDIT: I should also add that I'm not a big M. Night fan (to put it mildly). To hell with Avatar, I say!
"Do I have Smash Bros. Brawl?? HA HA HA HA HA HA! :lol: WHY THE HELL ELSE WOULD I OWN A WII????" - Ice

#33 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:10 PM

Great show, Ships!

My SSBB code is 4983-4663-0450. Look forward to playing with you guys soon (maybe we can get Mrs. Tybee to join in).

Also sent XBL friend requests to each of you, as we are really into Uno (and also need to earn those last two achievements).

Did anyone else find it weird when he later goes into a hotel room alone with the 10 year-old? That just felt a bit odd to me! Even if he is a cop.

Few people catch the subplot about Kyle dropping out of clown college and occasionally putting on balloon animal shows for random children he encounters.

And yeah, stop by the CAG Hotel Dusk thread. It's been hoppin' lately, probably due in part to your recent discussions about the game on the show.

Sorry if this has been asked before but enquiring minds need to know.

Since CheapyD is and Wombat is about to be a parent, any plans to add Baby Ship to the family?

I ask because my wife and I have been married 6 years and we get asked all the time when we are going to have a child.

Tell me about it. Can we just agree as a society to stop asking this question? Because really, there's no good answer. Either the couple is not ready to have kids yet (or, GASP, may not want any), in which case it's very rude to imply that they should have some right now. Or the couple may be in the process of trying (as my wife and I are), has not been successful yet, and feels worse about it due to the insensitive question. The couple could also be in the early stages of pregnancy and may not feel comfortable divulging it yet, be it out of fear of incurring bad luck, a desire to surprise, or a practical understanding of all the things that can go wrong in the first trimester.

The only people that get a pass on this are the inlaws, because they really can't help themselves.

#34 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:20 PM

Hey Ship my SSBB code is 3694-9739-0729. I look forward to playing with you later.

#35 Gillespee

Gillespee

Super Mario Striker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:47 AM

Loved the podcast, I'm sorry to hear the Subspace Emissary didn't work out for you. My wife and I quite enjoy it. I'll post my friend code after I run down to the basement the next time. Thanks for the heads up on Spider-Man Friend or Foe at Target - I went and snagged it. I played the demo a while back and enjoyed it. Co-op FTW!

BTW, I liked the Avatar sound effects and you winning all the achievements, it made a nice little fun section in the podcast. I'm not sure why, just doing something a little different like that seemed really cool. If only I cared about achievements I could have gotten that one too.

Anyway, keep up the good work both of you!

#36 jalopez86

jalopez86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:56 AM

Enjoyed the show. My SSBB Friend Code is 3222-5241-5159.

#37 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:09 PM

Okay, I have everyone's friend codes added up to this point including those that were PMed to me. Looking forward to losing to you all soon!
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#38 MotzCTG

MotzCTG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:52 PM

Great show shipwrecks. I just ordered Barnyard blast off of Walmart.com with my 10$ smash bros (mess up) gift card. I can't wait for this to come. I have only been listening for about the last 2 months, but you two are wonderful and do an amazing job covering everything. It astonishes me how you are able to preview so many games every week. Keep up the great work!

Shipwreck, here is my friends code for Smash Bros: 2535 3287 8208 (Motz)
I can't wait to brawl!

#39 mrs. shipwreck

mrs. shipwreck

CAG Foreplayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:20 AM

Sorry if this has been asked before but enquiring minds need to know.

Since CheapyD is and Wombat is about to be a parent, any plans to add Baby Ship to the family?

I ask because my wife and I have been married 6 years and we get asked all the time when we are going to have a child.

Love the show, have this episode on my Zune and will check it out at work tomorrow.

I don't mind the question, and neither does Ship (as far as I know). No, we're not yet trying to have kids. When we do get pregnant, I'll just wait and tell Ship on the show so you'll all get to witness his response. That should get some good feedback! :D
Posted Image

#40 MotzCTG

MotzCTG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:55 AM

I don't mind the question, and neither does Ship (as far as I know). No, we're not yet trying to have kids. When we do get pregnant, I'll just wait and tell Ship on the show so you'll all get to witness his response. That should get some good feedback! :D

lol mrs. shipwreck = my hero.

#41 io

io

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:22 AM

I haven't listened to this episode yet (so when I sent you that message about the Avatar I had no idea Ship - I was just using the compare score function on xbox.com at the time and saw that!). But I just did the same thing today. Hey, I have that cheap Target copy that is going to get traded in to Blockbuster (or more likely Gamecrazy) and I figured I couldn't open it without doing that achievement thing just for kicks. My two sons had to do it too. At first I thought it might be a bit tricky, but my 5 year-old had no problem doing it (though he's turning into a pro gamer - just unlocked Jigglypuff in SSBB after my older son couldn't do it).

Though afterwards my older son started playing the Avatar game as it was meant to be played and he seemed to want to keep it, even though he hates the show. Oh well, I have two copies anyway ;).

#42 NTolerance

NTolerance

Vich one of you is crying

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:10 PM

mac people :whee:

#43 PleasantOne

PleasantOne

It's a TRAAAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

LMAO! :applause:

You guys should add me in Brawl: 5155-2685-0357

I sucked at the last two games, and I can't imagine I'll be much better at this one. Haven't had much time to try it out yet, I don't think I even understand the controls. It all seems very confusing :whee:So, I am quite certain either of you could kick my butt.
Posted Image
Currently playing: Grad school... I give it a thumbs down

#44 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:35 PM

So I listened to this episode (FINALLY!) while at work today, and had a lot of stuff written up, responding to what you guys said, but then we had a power failure and I lost what I'd written, so the only stuff I remember is:

1. mrs. ship, if you want to play Uno on XBLA, let me know! I managed to wonk up my Live account about 6 months ago (I tried to change my billing address but somehow managed to delete my profile or something, I'm still not sure how I did it), so I've lost most of my achievements (and with travel, etc, I've been playing a lot more PSP and DS lately). So PM me or find me on AIM or GTalk...or if I have my XBox on, feel free to send me a message there, I still need the multiplayer achievement(s?) on that one. :)

2. Brawl should be arriving at my door by Thursday, I'll post a code when I get it. I've never played any of the previous iterations of the game, so I'll likely be awful...

3. Great show as usual. Hopefully I get to listen to the next episode in a more timely manner. ;)

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

#45 iceblast21

iceblast21

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:01 AM

Re: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer,

I got this game ($10 at Target) to play with my wife and found it to be infinitely better for 2 players than Marvel Ultimate Alliance. The game may not be stellar (a point I think has more to do with the subject material than design - seriously, who cares about the Fantastic Four??? I'm a huge fan of MARVEL and even I don't care), but the game has its moments.

Specifically, the boss fight against TERRAX in the caves. :bomb::bomb::bomb: You will not find a more infuriating, frustrating battle than that! Seriously, get to the that boss fight and play it together to see how bad it is! HA! It's worth seeing, IMO. :D

Re: Professor Layton,

I heard a lot of talk by the Shipwrecks about this game, so I thought I'd look into it. I went into TRU to take advantage of this week's DS sale, and (wouldn't you know it) they had the game running in one of their demo DS's. I liked it enough to buy it.

But the real reason I got it was for my wife, since Mrs. Shipwreck seemed to like it alright! We're heading to Japan on Fri. and I was looking for extra stuff to do on the 14+ hour flight!

So thanks for that and remember - (Knowing is half the battle?) NO! You guys help sell games!

One quick note you didn't mention: :applause: LEVEL 5. :applause: They're a phenomenal company!!! Dragon Quest 8 (PS2), Rogue Galaxy (PS2), and the recent Jeanne D'Arc (PSP) to name a few! When I saw their name on the box, I knew Professor Layton wouldn't be a bad investment.

I loved the animation in Jeanne D'Arc, and I can see the same subtle touches in Prof. Layton! :D
"Do I have Smash Bros. Brawl?? HA HA HA HA HA HA! :lol: WHY THE HELL ELSE WOULD I OWN A WII????" - Ice

#46 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:02 AM

Hey guys and gals, this week's episode should be up tonight. The written version is complete, we just haven't found a good time to record.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#47 GAMERMASTERMAN

GAMERMASTERMAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:52 PM

Can't wait Shippy. :applause:
Posted Image
Shipwreck-"They mess with my McDonalds little person set, they're gunna get a little person in the head."

#48 Phryo88

Phryo88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:32 AM

Y Halo Thar Foreplay?

#49 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:42 AM

I'm jonesin' for some foreplay.